2011 Draw Announced

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
Tiger Watto

Re: 2011 Draw Announced

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 9:40 pm

Some good tough games leading into the Finals will be a good thing. Lets hope we get the luck of the green in the Injury department, as I dont think there is too many easy games next year...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 10:29 pm

I don't think I'm biased when I say I think the Tigers should win their first 26 games :)
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

pacey

Post by pacey » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 10:41 pm

we could loose the first 12

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 10:43 pm

TheDen wrote:Would have preferred teams with more players out during the Origin series than Penrith and particularly the Warriors.

Actually come to think of it Penrith might not be too bad with Gordon, Jennings, Petero and Lewis all possibilities
We always seem to draw the Warriors before a State of Origin.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 10:58 pm

pacey wrote:we could loose the first 12

:o Given that we get everyone back from injury, I don't see that happening.

alex

Post by alex » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 11:06 pm

Few hard games in the last rounds - Roosters, Dragons and Titans. Luckily they're all home games.

We've drawn our byes at very lucky times. Week before Origin 3 and weekend of the City/Country & Test Match. Will work nicely.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 11:07 pm

again the tigers play the gummy sharks once ... i think thats 3 years ina row now and always at the tail end of the season. what gives nrl and why couldn't the league wait to see what happens with the independent commission first before releasing 2011 draw. maybe there might have been a fairer draw eg; home and away between all teams. but maybe thats all too hard for the idiots running the game now to figure out a schedule. a few mid-week games and a review of the bye arrangements is something that should be considered. it would be a real bummer if the tigers missed out on a top 2 or top 4 spot on for and against by a team that played the gummy's and cowboys twice that racked up big scores. no doubt any talk of all teams playing each other twice will, as usual, be put in the too hard basket.
anyway go the tigers for a top 2 spot with a home semi at leichardt this time
I dislike sowfs immensely

alex

Post by alex » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 11:14 pm

While having each team play each other twice is the ideal situation, it leaves no room for expansion. If another team joins the comp in 2012 or 2013, you have to add an extra two round to the season. Not gonna happen.

Releasing the draw before the independent commission was dumb.

Leaving the independent commission to start in November instead of the day after the Grand Final was even more dumb.

wtffl2005

Post by wtffl2005 » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 11:18 pm

alex wrote:
Leaving the independent commission to start in November instead of the day after the Grand Final was even more dumb.
I doubt it will start in November

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 11:23 pm

apart from the american football i think just every other major sporting competition around the world, whether it is union, league, football etc play each other twice in a regular season. its just takes will and some foresight perhaps .. oops i forgot we have gallop and co.
I dislike sowfs immensely

alien

Post by alien » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 11:31 pm

Blackpearl wrote:a home semi at leichardt this time
pfft

campbelltown more like it

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 4:40 am

blackpearl wrote:apart from the american football i think just every other major sporting competition around the world, whether it is union, league, football etc play each other twice in a regular season. Its just takes will and some foresight perhaps .. Oops i forgot we have gallop and co.

ok black pearl show us the foresight how do you do it.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 4:42 am

alex wrote:while having each team play each other twice is the ideal situation, it leaves no room for expansion. If another team joins the comp in 2012 or 2013, you have to add an extra two round to the season. Not gonna happen.

Leaving the independent commission to start in november instead of the day after the grand final was even more dumb.

its not a case of dumbness its a case of egotistical twats like colin love holding onto power for as long as possible.

Tigers 2010

Post by Tigers 2010 » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 6:48 am

What teams do we play during the origin series? Will any be depleted of SoO players?

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 7:40 am

TheDen wrote:Would have preferred teams with more players out during the Origin series than Penrith and particularly the Warriors.

Actually come to think of it Penrith might not be too bad with Gordon, Jennings, Petero and Lewis all possibilities
We might have a few out also. Robbie, Rowdy, Lote & Sauce could all be on Origin Duty???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

alex

Post by alex » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 7:42 am

Tigers 2010 wrote:What teams do we play during the origin series? Will any be depleted of SoO players?
Panthers at home before Origin 1
Warriors away before Origin 2
Bye before Origin 3

Panthers may have a few out, Warriors wont.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 7:52 am

alex wrote:While having each team play each other twice is the ideal situation, it leaves no room for expansion. If another team joins the comp in 2012 or 2013, you have to add an extra two round to the season. Not gonna happen.

I think a few of you might have lofty expectations of this IC. Like most structures, they will need a full year, possibly 2 before they actually administer the week to week games. The IC will have a few other important fish to fry first.

Personally, Im hoping the QRL have a change of heart and don't let it through until some major changes happen. If this IC gets through under it's current charter, there is every chance the game of Rugby League will be at war again before 2015...

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 8:37 am

Blackpearl wrote:apart from the american football i think just every other major sporting competition around the world, whether it is union, league, football etc play each other twice in a regular season. its just takes will and some foresight perhaps .. oops i forgot we have gallop and co.
In a perfect world sure it would be ideal to have a home & away system but its just not realistic.
For 1.The players association are already trying to reduce the rounds from 26 to 24 because of player fatigue especially to rep players
2.We have a finals series.If it went for 32 rounds we would still be going into november. soccer don't have a final series & even though they play up to 5 different comps they have squads of 30 players,endless amounts of money & most importantly they don't have to compete with other sports.
3.The four nations would not end until January so no off season for the top players.
Sorry Blackpearl it just would not work

Besides that im satisfied with our draw.Prediction 38pts minor prems :sign: