Members kits 2011

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
T1G3R

Re: Members kits 2011

Post by T1G3R » Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:31 pm

Great :D

Thanks for that. Bring on 2011

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:59 pm

Mines lost I think.... :cry:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:56 am

I haven't received my either, but i don't really care as long as i receive the cards before round 1.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:16 am

Geo. wrote:Mines lost I think.... :cry:
You need to ring the club Geo... The fact these went delivered by the end of November is unacceptable and a blight on the professionalism of the club. Gawd... Souffs have had theirs for months, maybe we should use their merchandising team...

How hard is it to embroid a small logo on the cheapest & ugliest cap in stock. It's not as if anyone else would of bought them...

Ring em Geo!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:41 am

I called up and apparently the address that I use to get loads of stuff delivered to is to hard to get to for their Courier.

Never had a Problem with Gearzone stuff being sent to this address.

This was Thursday and it still hasn't turned up.

EDIT: Latest Update from Tigers memberships
Apologies for the delay in replying.

We are currently tracking the location of your kits, as well as a number of other kits through our courier company which is becoming an elongated process.

I appreciate your frustration, and we are in constant communications with the company to get the exact location of the kits.

I want your kit to you as soon as possible, however we are waiting on information from our courier company.
So looks like its lost out there some where.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 5:33 pm

T-D-C wrote:I called up and apparently the address that I use to get loads of stuff delivered to is to hard to get to for their Courier.

Never had a Problem with Gearzone stuff being sent to this address.

This was Thursday and it still hasn't turned up.

EDIT: Latest Update from Tigers memberships
Apologies for the delay in replying.

We are currently tracking the location of your kits, as well as a number of other kits through our courier company which is becoming an elongated process.

I appreciate your frustration, and we are in constant communications with the company to get the exact location of the kits.

I want your kit to you as soon as possible, however we are waiting on information from our courier company.
So looks like its lost out there some where.
Was that an email reply?

Watto...I rang the club last week, some dude in memberships told me his parents hadnt recieved theirs, but their neighbours had, :roll: what the moral of his story was Im not sure....and that he didnt know when I might get mine.
Phone calls to WTs create more confusion...Im over it, couldnt gaf anymore

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:14 pm

This question is for those of the forum readers that have received member kits : I was not happy that the Wests Tigers name is not on anything, these scarves/keyrings/caps, could be gear from any club, are the Wests Tigers not happy with their brand - what do you think :!: and for those of you that have not yet received yours, I hope they arrive soon :sign:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:26 pm

The way I see it is is a branding decision.

I don't need to see the name of any major sporting team in any code I follow. I know them by the logo

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:36 pm

tigeress wrote:This question is for those of the forum readers that have received member kits : I was not happy that the Wests Tigers name is not on anything, these scarves/keyrings/caps, could be gear from any club, are the Wests Tigers not happy with their brand - what do you think :!: and for those of you that have not yet received yours, I hope they arrive soon :sign:
Still waiting for mine - but I find it hard to understand how the logo is devoid of the name - as the name has actually been an intrinsic part of the logo from 2000!!

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks Smeghead. Where I live (SE QLD) there are lots of clubs who have similar gear to the Wests Tigers, I guess I just want our brand to stand out from the rest.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 6:57 pm

I can see the validity of both sides of the argument.

The need to stand out is certainly there

tigesup

Post by tigesup » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 7:18 pm

The way I see it at the moment is "the line that divides" is true.

The members gear logo is completely different to the official club gear(logo) from what I've seen.

So they don't want members to utilise the club logo? Well we're definitely divided.

Very strange indeed.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 7:37 pm

Our logo has been butchered
HmmmImage
ImageImage

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 7:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:Our logo has been butchered
HmmmImage
ImageImage
Thanks ink - I get it now & agree it is a complete bastardisation of our proud logo!

It is ridiculous that we are dealing with a Member between some teeth & this isn't even the Ennis or Monaghan thread!!

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 8:10 pm

Does anyone like the 2011 members cap? IMO it is a poor design, poor colour, the emblem is not the official one as mentioned in other posts, it doesn't go anywhere near the 2010 and 2009 caps for design and appearance.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 25 Jan, 2011 8:19 pm

Disappointing to hear that a few of you have not received your membership packs as yet. While this thread has had a lot of constructive posts added to it, unfortunately there are always one or two who try and ruin it for others. A friendly reminder for people to please stick to the topic and not try and spam this thread with garbage.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 26 Jan, 2011 7:32 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
You need to ring the club Geo... The fact these went delivered by the end of November is unacceptable and a blight on the professionalism of the club. Gawd... Souffs have had theirs for months, maybe we should use their merchandising team...

How hard is it to embroid a small logo on the cheapest & ugliest cap in stock. It's not as if anyone else would of bought them...

Ring em Geo!!!
Do i have too...nah i can wait..the line that divides is BS thou..next year i suggest...FOR THE FANS BY THE FANS...let the members have a say in the direction the CLUB takes on it's membership packages..what do you think ...WATTO..if you had any vision in the 1st place that is hey..peanut... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 26 Jan, 2011 8:13 am

Geo. wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

Ring em Geo!!!
Do i have too...nah i can wait..the line that divides is BS thou..next year i suggest...FOR THE FANS BY THE FANS...let the members have a say in the direction the CLUB takes on it's membership packages..what do you think ...WATTO..if you had any vision in the 1st place that is hey..peanut... :roll:
Not a bad idea geo...they could run a competition for members through this year for next years slogan, couldnt do worse than the bodgey marketing theyve used here this year - minus the petty name calling of course