Jason Cayless

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
Cultured Bogan

Re: Jason Cayless

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 11 Feb, 2011 9:30 am

Balmain Bug wrote:David Fifita is better than Cayless
He would want to be Bug, he's got youth and injuries on his side.

In fact, there wouldn't be many doing worse than Cayless at the moment. I'm still adamant that he could rediscover some of his previous form with match fitness. Shane Watson is a prime example, found form & confidence with match fitness.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 11 Feb, 2011 9:55 am

I am looking forward to Cayless and how he goes this year. He has re-established some of his size and his experience will be valuable either on the field or on the training paddock. It really solidifies the group of senior forwards we have

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 11 Feb, 2011 11:49 am

I will be amazed if he plays 10 first grade games this year Smeg. I don't think we will see enough of him for his experience to really benefit.

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Fri 11 Feb, 2011 12:03 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

In fact, there wouldn't be many doing worse than Cayless at the moment. I'm still adamant that he could rediscover some of his previous form with match fitness. Shane Watson is a prime example, found form & confidence with match fitness.
Is David still with the WT's. If so is he still with BRET.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Fri 11 Feb, 2011 12:07 pm

smeghead wrote:I am looking forward to Cayless and how he goes this year. He has re-established some of his size and his experience will be valuable either on the field or on the training paddock. It really solidifies the group of senior forwards we have
Me too. Clearly he was no where near fit enough injury wise last year. If he can manage a spell of good fortune we are bound to see a different player this year. Admittedly his best is likely behind him, but that doesn't mean he can't aim up and contribute.

Good luck to anyone who wears our jersey I say. :sign:

everett

Post by everett » Fri 11 Feb, 2011 1:02 pm

Would love Jason Cayless to recapture the form he was in playing for the Chooks.

We have a number of quality forwards on our books and juniors coming through the ranks.

Cayless might struggle to crack an NRL spot but with injuries might be a good player with experience to call on.

Our starting pack plus reserve bench will have to perform given the depth we have.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

willow

Post by willow » Sat 12 Feb, 2011 11:41 am

joe's magpies wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Is David still with the WT's. If so is he still with BRET.
David has been named for Wests Magpies in their next trial match.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 12 Feb, 2011 3:18 pm

Has Cayless been named for BRET or Wests? He has been missing for quite some time now...

willow

Post by willow » Sat 12 Feb, 2011 4:04 pm

Fraze23 wrote:Has Cayless been named for BRET or Wests? He has been missing for quite some time now...
He has not been named in either side as yet. We will get a better idea once the BRET, Wests and Wests Tigers teams are named for the Campbelltown trials in a few days time.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sun 13 Feb, 2011 5:44 am

I believe that the Wests Tigers are letting Jason go , and he is not in their plans for 2011

tigesup

Post by tigesup » Sun 13 Feb, 2011 8:04 am

Yes Aladin I heard that last week myself.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 13 Feb, 2011 11:51 am

Aladinsane wrote:I believe that the Wests Tigers are letting Jason go , and he is not in their plans for 2011
Nothing gained, nothing lost given he hasn't really played. A shame his injuries have cruelled the backend of his career though.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Feb, 2011 7:50 am

So it appears as though both the Cayless boys have played their last NRL games in 2010.
UTT - Up The Tigers

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Feb, 2011 8:15 am

Terrible shame, what a way to end a career. Hope the ESL dollars were worth it...
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 15 Feb, 2011 9:26 am

we are in such a better position "propwise" today compared to when we signed Jason Cayless...good luck to him, shame he offered us very little last year due to injury

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Thu 17 Feb, 2011 10:48 pm

Listen to Chris Lawrence on 2SM it when asked about Jason Cayless he gave the impression that he is not training with the NRL squad and was not sure of his status with the club, he mentioned that while Jason was injured last years young guys game in and overtook him. That was my understanding of what he said. Sounded doubtful Jason is still part of our NRL plans this year.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 17 Feb, 2011 11:21 pm

I don't like or rate this guy or his brother @ all...
Good riddance, hopefully free up some more $$ for us to throw around on a few of the boys who need upgrades on their contracts.

Can't remember seeing him play for us ever, but I do remember him from back in the day and he wasn't that impressive to me.

Sheeeesh, cya later.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 18 Feb, 2011 6:31 am

Its unfortunate for Jason, not a way to end your career.
What ever he was on, along with Tuiaki should cover resigning/upgrading Lawrence..