Jason Cayless

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
Cultured Bogan

Re: Jason Cayless

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 18 Feb, 2011 7:43 am

Demps wrote:I don't like or rate this guy or his brother @ all...
Good riddance, hopefully free up some more $$ for us to throw around on a few of the boys who need upgrades on their contracts.

Can't remember seeing him play for us ever, but I do remember him from back in the day and he wasn't that impressive to me.

Sheeeesh, cya later.
Thats a bit harsh Demps. He was one of the best props in the world when he was playing for the Cocks.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Demps » Fri 18 Feb, 2011 9:22 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Demps wrote:I don't like or rate this guy or his brother @ all...
Good riddance, hopefully free up some more $$ for us to throw around on a few of the boys who need upgrades on their contracts.

Can't remember seeing him play for us ever, but I do remember him from back in the day and he wasn't that impressive to me.

Sheeeesh, cya later.
Thats a bit harsh Demps. He was one of the best props in the world when he was playing for the Cocks.
Well once upon a time so were guys like Asotasi & Crocker,
Those days are long gone.
He may have been a good player once, but his career is over ... unfortunately.

& I don't know why we even gave him a chance with us, look how that worked out.

once again, cya later !

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 18 Feb, 2011 9:52 am

Cayless was a depth / speculative signing. The youngsters needed a few more years to grow and refine their skills and some FG experience.

Was one of our better signings I think despite not working out - At least it didnt cost the world.

Good luck to him.
UTT - Up The Tigers

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 2:07 pm

A waste if money. What a disgrace. A few of those dollars would have kept Mighty Mouse at this club. Great work Fonz !!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 2:11 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:A waste if money. What a disgrace. A few of those dollars would have kept Mighty Mouse at this club. Great work Fonz !!!

Of all the players you miss...

He would have been about 6th in line for the #1 spot
UTT - Up The Tigers

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 2:27 pm

Bug why did you want to keep Mighty Mouse so much? He hasn't exactly gone onto bigger and better things - particularly in a team with a lot more opportunity then he would have had with us.

I liked him, thought he was an OK player, but don't know that he is a regular first grader.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:11 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:A waste if money. What a disgrace. A few of those dollars would have kept Mighty Mouse at this club. Great work Fonz !!!
Would you seriously have Shannon Gallant in front of McKinnon, Brown or Moltzen?
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:18 pm

x2 bogan. while i did like Gallant he would never get a game with all our fullback options. LET IT GO BUG LET IT GO

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Demps » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:20 pm

LOL @ Gallant, no thanks!!

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:22 pm

Leave Bug alone Guys he has copped a battering this week.
UTT - Up The Tigers

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:30 pm

what?
the guy who cant even make a regular 1st grade spot at the bottom dwellers in QLD?

Get over it Bug, there are people in front of him by miles.. he wasnt that good

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Would you seriously have Shannon Gallant in front of McKinnon, Brown or Moltzen?
while i don't know how gallant has played at the cowboys,while at the tigers he played better than all of those players.he made a real positive impact when he played a few back to back games before he was injured.
don't know what the problem was between him and sheens,but he was never given the opportunity some players received.

but bug,just let it go.these things happen in sport.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Demps » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 3:54 pm

shannon gallant is soooooooooooooooo average.
no point even discussing him, lot better former wests tigers players i'd have back over him any dayz

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:12 pm

Ok, Mighty Mouse aside, the signing of Cayless was bizarre in the extreme, you all have to admit that, he hadn't played NRL for years and was average when he left.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:15 pm

so was Pat Richards.
Broken down.
injury prone
Hadnt played in ages.

So was Scott Prince.
Broken
Injury Prone
hadnt had a good season in 3 years or so

Becuase they didnt work out doesnt make it a bad move Bug... The Club takes risks here and there and some pay off... some dont.. this one of cayless obviously hasnt ..

Now time to get over ur self and move on

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:24 pm

T-REXX wrote:so was Pat Richards.
Broken down.
injury prone
Hadnt played in ages.

So was Scott Prince.
Broken
Injury Prone
hadnt had a good season in 3 years or so

Becuase they didnt work out doesnt make it a bad move Bug... The Club takes risks here and there and some pay off... some dont.. this one of cayless obviously hasnt ..

Now time to get over ur self and move on
Hodgo - Spud & Toddy also had long histories of injury when we signed them!!!

It was a calculated risk that did not come off - while plenty of others have!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:28 pm

Apologies for continuing the off topic slant but Gallant seems at this stage to be that rare beast that was only at his best within our system. His instincts suited our play etc etc. It is a shame that things happened the way they did but with Mullaney seemingly firmly in the futures picture there would be no replace for the Mouse to return to an NRL contract at the WT

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:32 pm

smeghead wrote:Apologies for continuing the off topic slant but Gallant seems at this stage to be that rare beast that was only at his best within our system. His instincts suited our play etc etc. It is a shame that things happened the way they did but with Mullaney seemingly firmly in the futures picture there would be no replace for the Mouse to return to an NRL contract at the WT
Watching footage of the Alice Springs trial & Gallant was monstered by the Broncos backs!