Jason Cayless

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
underdog

Re: Jason Cayless

Post by underdog » Tue 22 Feb, 2011 5:40 pm

I remember when I bought my tigers jersey at the easter show around the start of the 2009 season (so 2008 jersey)

Two young tigers players were manning the van, genuinely nice young guys. I bought it and asked for an autograph. Their eyes lit up in delight at the thought of being asked, as did mine, thinking I may have gotten the autographs of two tigers smokies destined to be big stars, at such a young age.

"How shrewd am I" I thought...smart work, Underdog. :mrgreen:

and those two players turned out to be Blake Lazarus, and Shannon Gallant...... :brick:

I also have Jason Cayless autograph on the jersey as well and I remember thinking the same thing - He'll be big all over again, and BAM! Ive got his autograph.

Well,

At least I have Marshall, Tuiaki, Moltzen, Tuquiri and Ayshford on there as well..... kinda makes up for it... :P

Ken Y

Post by Ken Y » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:16 pm

underdog wrote:I remember when I bought my tigers jersey at the easter show around the start of the 2009 season (so 2008 jersey)

Two young tigers players were manning the van, genuinely nice young guys. I bought it and asked for an autograph. Their eyes lit up in delight at the thought of being asked, as did mine, thinking I may have gotten the autographs of two tigers smokies destined to be big stars, at such a young age.

"How shrewd am I" I thought...smart work, Underdog. :mrgreen:

and those two players turned out to be Blake Lazarus, and Shannon Gallant...... :brick:

I also have Jason Cayless autograph on the jersey as well and I remember thinking the same thing - He'll be big all over again, and BAM! Ive got his autograph.

Well,

At least I have Marshall, Tuiaki, Moltzen, Tuquiri and Ayshford on there as well..... kinda makes up for it... :P

Underdog, if i'm a player and you were asking for my autograph, i'd be looking over my shoulder :lol: :lol:

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:32 pm

Jason Cayless has announced his retirement ;

http://www.weststigers.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <<< article
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

alex

Post by alex » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:36 pm

JASON CAYLESS ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
23/02/2011 3:07:37 PM

Popular Wests Tigers prop forward Jason Cayless has today announced his retirement from professional rugby league, putting a premature end to his career with one season remaining on his current contract.

“I’d like to thank Tim Sheens and Wests Tigers for giving me the opportunity to return to the NRL last season and finish off my playing career,” Cayless said.

“I’ve been unlucky with injuries over the past 12 months which has probably brought forward the decision a little early, but the game has been fantastic to me over 11 years so there aren’t too many complaints.”

Cayless’ decorated career spanned over 100 NRL games with the Parramatta Eels, Sydney Roosters and Wests Tigers. He also played more than 70 games with St Helens in the English Super League.

Debuting in first grade with the Eels at just 20 years of age, Cayless won an NRL Premiership with the Roosters in 2002 and took home the Super League Championship, Carnegie Challenge Cup and World Club Challenge treble with St Helens during a highly successful four-year stint in the United Kingdom.

Cayless, a City Origin representative, also played 11 Test matches for his native New Zealand.

“I’m leaving rugby league with some fantastic memories and a lot of good friends,” he said. “Hanging up the boots gives me a good opportunity to take a break for a while before deciding what to do with the next stage of my life.”

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens said the Club felt for Cayless.

“Jason’s had a great career and I’m sure he has many fond memories. Playing for his country and winning an NRL premiership is not something that many players can say they’ve achieved. On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers, I wish him all the best in his life after football,’’ Sheens said.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 5:05 pm

Jeez some of you guys are dense.
Injuries are an occupational hazard of this game and not limited to new recruits.
Some players get better
Some dont
These guys bust their humps only for some cretins behind a keyboard to take potshots at them
Why the hell would you be a player when you got ''fans'' like this and that b**** in melb, not to mention the media on your back 24 7
There really are some average people on here.