Wests Tigers go down to Eels + Video

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
king sirro

Re: Tigers vs Eels LIVE GAME THREAD

Post by king sirro » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:29 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:I have a feeling Sheens will give Moltz another chance as a fullback at some stage and i really hope he grabs it. His running game and his ability to use the ball is perfect for fullback. Obviously he needs to improve on a few things, but thats possible.
One part of a fullbacks job is kick returns, so if you want to LOSE metres instead of gaining them in this situation, then Moltzen is perfect.

Sorry, but Moltzen is not a fullbacks arsehole, not in the slightest.

Obviously when i said he needs to improve a few things his kick returns are one of those. And i think its easily fixed. He just needs to run harder and have more commitment in this regard.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks for the footage DB. Great to see some footy again!

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:34 am

a few +'s from the game

Miller is a great rising halfback, showed plenty of confidence in his game
Tagive may be the fastest at the tigers.
Benji hasnt lost his spark.
Galloway is a machine at putting on big hits
David Fifita seems to of improved greatly.
Andrew Fifita is still a freak.
Brown is a better fullback than winger.
Lui still seems as confident as he did in the back end of the season.

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:44 am

innsaneink wrote:
steven_tiger wrote:They'll grow on you Kul ;) Get some pics!!
They looked terrible, really faggy in white sox.
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search/Se ... duct=Sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not that there is anything wrong with that....

hmmmm actually in this case there definitely is.

hammertime wrote:
Snake wrote: Utai taking up space for a youngster no value ..
I disagree Snake.... he is perfect to gain the Tigers a couple of penalties a match from accidental head highs against him. :lol:
a ha that's why he's playing in the 2nd row. so he can run all game at the big boys who'll have to hop on thier kness to tackle legally. good old sheens the innavator.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 10:59 am

king sirro wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:I have a feeling Sheens will give Moltz another chance as a fullback at some stage and i really hope he grabs it. His running game and his ability to use the ball is perfect for fullback. Obviously he needs to improve on a few things, but thats possible.
One part of a fullbacks job is kick returns, so if you want to LOSE metres instead of gaining them in this situation, then Moltzen is perfect.

Sorry, but Moltzen is not a fullbacks arsehole, not in the slightest.

Obviously when i said he needs to improve a few things his kick returns are one of those. And i think its easily fixed. He just needs to run harder and have more commitment in this regard.
He isn't a fullback. McKinnon and Brown are both better options.

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:05 am

2:25 - Hayne has another dummy spit!
classic
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:06 am

Must admit i am excited by both Miller and Woods. Both look to have great futures ahead of them.
Not really phased by the score or the loss. Looked like a training session to me.
It will be interesting to see the team named next week and then again for round 1.
Utai surprised too, he didnt disgrace himself..

Adman

Post by Adman » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:09 am

Loved Bunji's cut out to lawrence then to lote... exciting stuff. I'm also really liking to the new strip. Finally feels like a west tigers outfit. Nice and fresh. Also loved the bold numbers on the back. Can't wait to see the other strip.

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:10 am

king sirro wrote:
is it an easy fix? it's probably having to conquer a huge fear. & a fully justified one from what he's gone through.
that could posiibly be harder then developing brown into a better weapon.

Is Tim's body built for those Khunt kamikaze styled returns? He's an obvious talent & full back is so important but maybe the bench utility is the best option for the team assuming Lui is working well. I don't know.

I do know is that i'd prefer a fully confident impact player coming off the bench rather than a fullback who has a few doubts & fears running around in his head.

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:14 am

Adman wrote:Loved Bunji's cut out to lawrence then to lote... exciting stuff. I'm also really liking to the new strip. Finally feels like a west tigers outfit. Nice and fresh. Also loved the bold numbers on the back. Can't wait to see the other strip.
really?
which part?
it looks like the worst jersey ever. Since when are we all white???

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:15 am

Kul wrote:2:25 - Hayne has another dummy spit!
classic
Was right in front of us, my highlight of the night. :lol:

Thanks for the vision Kul, good footage, didnt realise what a beautiful cut out pass lotes 2nd try came from....you see things on vid you dont see at the ground, good stuff

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:22 am

I left the game a few minutes early as it had degenerated into a bit of a farce. There's not much point dwelling on any negative aspects as it would do my head in! Keeping it in perspective I reckon willow's evaluation is pretty much on the money and it also helped clear up who some of the twenty something jersey's were!
Just a couple of points that may or may not have been mentioned that I noticed:

I think the refs were also trialling some play the ball infringements that haven't been looked at for seasons! I've never, ever seen a game where so many penalties were given to the team without the ball. ( I guess they were warned!) No big screen at the ground certainly didn't help work out what a lot of the penalties were for.

Mitch Brown is definately a fullback and not a winger. Further on this point I believe he's our number one choice. I watched a lot of McKinnon close up from the Northern end in the first half and I hate to say it but he looks as likely to break a tackle as my kids.

Agree with everything said about Moors. Big bloke but McKinnons got more chance of breaking a tackle than him! Defensively he basically stood and watched two tries scored from dummy half right in front of him.

Tagive seems a real goer and could be a genuine shot at the wing spot.

Marshall/Rowdy/Tiquiri = most tries for us this year.

Never seen Woods play before, but was real impressed - he's a talent.

We've got it covered. There's plenty of improvement in us. Over and out.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:22 am

I noticed that Hayne dummy spit. And to be honest I think it shows how much more seriously Parra must have been taking the game then we were. I couldnt care less about trials though, doesnt have any bareing on who will be near the top come september/october. I just like them for an early footy fix

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:30 am

Kul wrote:
Adman wrote:Loved Bunji's cut out to lawrence then to lote... exciting stuff. I'm also really liking to the new strip. Finally feels like a west tigers outfit. Nice and fresh. Also loved the bold numbers on the back. Can't wait to see the other strip.
really?
which part?
it looks like the worst jersey ever. Since when are we all white???
Yeah AD i agree... i love the new alternate kit....
and kul... then what are we ?? all orange ?? or all black ??... whites the colour that seperates Balmain to Wests...
... they loko better thean the jersey we've had the past 3 years... its about time we tried something new....
Cant wait to see the home Kit...

:sign:
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:38 am

sweet

can't wait to see that sea of white fill Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:41 am

Deano1 wrote:
I think the refs were also trialling some play the ball infringements that haven't been looked at for seasons! I've never, ever seen a game where so many penalties were given to the team without the ball. ( I guess they were warned!) No big screen at the ground certainly didn't help work out what a lot of the penalties were for.
New play the ball interpretation, players must now actually put their foot on the ball when playing it....has slowed the ruck down bigtime in the couple of games Ive seen so far.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:50 am

innsaneink wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
New play the ball interpretation, players must now actually put their foot on the ball when playing it....has slowed the ruck down bigtime in the couple of games Ive seen so far.
The refs were very strict on it in the Toyota Cup trial, the Eels were penalised at least 3 times for not playing the ball correctly.

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:55 am

Yeah I wasn't trying to be tigers biased with that one willow, it definately worked both ways. I don't like seeing the refs blow the pea out of the whistle either. Frustrates all and sundry.