Wests Tigers go down to Eels + Video

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
willow

Re: Wests Tigers go down to Eels + Video

Post by willow » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:22 pm

Deano1 wrote:Yeah I wasn't trying to be tigers biased with that one willow, it definately worked both ways. I don't like seeing the refs blow the pea out of the whistle either. Frustrates all and sundry.
Yeah I know deano. I was scratching my head initially see the other team get the penalty in the Toyota Cup. Teams will learn to play the ball properly quickly or suffer the consequences as long as the refs are consistent with it.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:38 pm

I for one loved the new shirts....

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:40 pm

IronTiger wrote:I for one loved the new shirts....
I didn't like them when I saw the photos, but last night on the field, I thought they looked good. Idid wonderif they'd been spelled with a dirt repellant though, since no-one looked dirty :lol:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:52 pm

Seems like a rusty old first hit out by three of the four sides last night.

Oh well it's not like our trial form against NRL teams has ever been spectacular. Missing three of our best ruck defenders it didn't suprise to see the inroads made by Parra at the fringe of the ruck

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 1:24 pm

kul wrote:sweet

can't wait to see that sea of white fill leichhardt oval and campbelltown stadium...

kul pull your head in son white is every bit as much of the wests tigers as orange.white is the way to go as it provides a clear pathway to a wests tigers as opposed to another balmain fiasco.if balmain wasnt such poor pickers of colors we wouldnt have this problem.the sooner we see a sea of white at leichhardt the better.isnt karma sweet.i hear bret is being renamed the western suburbs magpies plus sean meaney. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 1:52 pm

hammertime wrote:
discussion bot wrote:missing key stars gareth ellis, tim moltzen, todd payten, bryce giibs and liam fulton, wests tigers went down to visitors parramatta 30-10 at campbelltown stadium on saturday night in humid and hot conditions.you can watch a 15 minute selected highlights clip from the game here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdvlm1drs94

fantastic work discussion bot!! Who ever you are...[/quote here ]here discussion bot top job keep up the good work.

Adman

Post by Adman » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 2:03 pm

Our gear needs to look Sharp, modern and represent our club, a club thats 10 years old BTW, with an appeal towards younger generation. Forget dead clubs with dated Vs, Hoops and collars. I do not want to see some design which harks back to a era 50 years ago, of which I have no connection, nor care about. We have the retro designs and heritage round. That is enough. It's all about the kids. And kids don't like or want what some old Maggie or balmain supporter thinks a 'rugby league' jersey should like.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 2:12 pm

smeghead wrote:Seems like a rusty old first hit out by three of the four sides last night.

Oh well it's not like our trial form against NRL teams has ever been spectacular. Missing three of our best ruck defenders it didn't suprise to see the inroads made by Parra at the fringe of the ruck
I agree, its the beginning of the season.
lot of footy still to be played.
players had a run, and no injuries. :D
they will get better.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 2:20 pm

Woods has very slow leg speed....no drive in those stumps at all!

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 2:23 pm

[quote="alexaki"]woods has very slow leg speed....no drive in those stumps at all![/quo

could it have been the year off he just had with a leg injury and the fact hes still a kid playing men.hell be a gun.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 3:08 pm

magpie mania wrote:

can't wait to see that sea of white fill leichhardt oval and campbelltown stadium...

kul pull your head in son white is every bit as much of the wests tigers as orange.white is the way to go as it provides a clear pathway to a wests tigers as opposed to another balmain fiasco.if balmain wasnt such poor pickers of colors we wouldnt have this problem.the sooner we see a sea of white at leichhardt the better.isnt karma sweet.i hear bret is being renamed the western suburbs magpies plus sean meaney. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... plus Matt Ryan, Jarred Farlow, Al & Jase Schirnack, Sam Latu, Eloni Vunakece, Matt Davidson, Matt Hyland, Junior Roqica, Rhys Curran, Mitch Achurch etc etc etc.

Aside from Pearn, Akeripa, Davis & Mullaney the BRET team is primarily made-up of Balmain stalwarts!

Dumb post MM!
Last edited by redemption on Sun 20 Feb, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 3:14 pm

[quote="Kui
Hayne puts a simple step on mark flanno.
Parra 24-0
30 min[/quote]

Dwyer, not Flanno

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 6:02 pm

redemption wrote:
magpie mania wrote:

... Plus matt ryan, jarred farlow, al & jase schirnack, sam latu, eloni vunakece, matt davidson, matt hyland, junior roqica, rhys curran, mitch achurch etc etc etc.

Aside from pearn, akeripa, davis & mullaney the bret team is primarily made-up of balmain stalwarts!

Dumb post mm!

the only dumb post was your post redemption saying hey the bretstern suburbs magpies have some tigers in it too. :lol: ;) ;) ;)

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 6:19 pm

Stick to the topic people. This thread is about last night's trial, not about having a go at one another.

Tiger Tim from 'Gong

Post by Tiger Tim from 'Gong » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 8:20 pm

Deano1 wrote: it also helped clear up who some of the twenty something jersey's were!
Agreed. Why couldn't the ground announcer have informed us of who the additional bench players were?

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 8:29 pm

great footage, many thanks!

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 8:59 pm

KingOvKingz09 wrote:
Kul wrote:
Adman wrote:Loved Bunji's cut out to lawrence then to lote... exciting stuff. I'm also really liking to the new strip. Finally feels like a west tigers outfit. Nice and fresh. Also loved the bold numbers on the back. Can't wait to see the other strip.
really?
which part?
it looks like the worst jersey ever. Since when are we all white???
Yeah AD i agree... i love the new alternate kit....
and kul... then what are we ?? all orange ?? or all black ??... whites the colour that seperates Balmain to Wests...
... they loko better thean the jersey we've had the past 3 years... its about time we tried something new....
Cant wait to see the home Kit...

:sign:
I agree i love the new strip. They look modern and uniquely Wests Tigers, not some Balmain v Wests battle again.

I also think the boys look more dominating in these jerseys.

Good crowd too - great to beat the ping pong crowd.

As for on-field, well its a trial, no injuries and a chance to blow out some4 cobwebs. I am sure we will turn in a better performance next week.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 9:18 pm

Tiger Tim from 'Gong wrote:
Deano1 wrote: it also helped clear up who some of the twenty something jersey's were!
Agreed. Why couldn't the ground announcer have informed us of who the additional bench players were?
No programs there.....maybe he printed one off the night before, but oh yeh, they were incomplete.
He's a wanker anyhow