Wests Tigers go down to Eels + Video

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
Spartan117

Re: Wests Tigers go down to Eels + Video

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 9:26 pm

Love the New White Strip.
UTT - Up The Tigers

greeny1512

Post by greeny1512 » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 9:00 am

Chris Heighington is back to the form he displayed in 2009! Handbrake heighington always stops before the defensive line. Runs at the markers only and is stuck in the mud in defence have a look at the ease that Casey Macquire ran around him...when opposition run at him all good either side of him he is in trouble.Interchange at best when Fulton returns!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 9:10 am

Nothing Here

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whats happened to the Vid listed
UTT - Up The Tigers

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 9:22 am

greeny1512 wrote:Chris Heighington is back to the form he displayed in 2009! Handbrake heighington always stops before the defensive line. Runs at the markers only and is stuck in the mud in defence have a look at the ease that Casey Macquire ran around him...when opposition run at him all good either side of him he is in trouble.Interchange at best when Fulton returns!
First post and you are bagging one of our best for 2010. Can't wait for your next post.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 10:39 am

From that youtube clip i am loving the look of Lui and can't wait for the season to start.
I'm a big Moltzen fan but i can't see him getting anywhere near the 7 jersey.
At this stage it looks like the utility back spot that Sheens likes to run with on the bench is looking good for Moltz.

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:20 am

when making that judgement, are you taking into account his many missed passes and dropped balls?
Most of that footage was taken in the second half when we were winning the forwards battle. In the first half lui was non-existent and offered nothing when had the ball.

Not saying moltz would have done any better, but it is concerning

Bring on Saturday!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:33 am

Kul wrote:when making that judgement, are you taking into account his many missed passes and dropped balls?
Most of that footage was taken in the second half when we were winning the forwards battle. In the first half lui was non-existent and offered nothing when had the ball.

Bring on Saturday!
Judging by the first half, no tigers where existent... And there isnt a Halfbck in the comp who can put themselves into a game when there forwards are losing the battle for momentum. Further more, it wasnt up until round 11 last year we started holding onto the ball.... He has another 12 weeks to get that right!

Where was our brilliant star playmaker during the first half.... thinking about the Anzac Teat already???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:50 am

Hbom wrote:
greeny1512 wrote:Chris Heighington is back to the form he displayed in 2009! Handbrake heighington always stops before the defensive line. Runs at the markers only and is stuck in the mud in defence have a look at the ease that Casey Macquire ran around him...when opposition run at him all good either side of him he is in trouble.Interchange at best when Fulton returns!
First post and you are bagging one of our best for 2010. Can't wait for your next post.
Thats very harsh Greeny, you gonna write him off already? A lot of the boys were very rusty....it's a trial.

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:56 am

stryker wrote:
Hbom wrote:
Thats very harsh Greeny, you gonna write him off already? A lot of the boys were very rusty....it's a trial.
Considering the fact that Heighno was still limping around a couple of weeks ago, I was shocked to see him take the field at all! Very harsh indeed!

willow

Post by willow » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:43 pm

Way too harsh to be giving Heighno any flack after 1 trial game considering he's just coming back from off-season surgery as Mrs T has mentioned. All the Tigers were flat against the Eels and I expect they'll be flat against the Roosters too.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 1:24 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Kul wrote:when making that judgement, are you taking into account his many missed passes and dropped balls?

Bring on Saturday!
Judging by the first half, no tigers where existent... And there isnt a Halfbck in the comp who can put themselves into a game when there forwards are losing the battle for momentum. Further more, it wasnt up until round 11 last year we started holding onto the ball.... He has another 12 weeks to get that right!

Where was our brilliant star playmaker during the first half.... thinking about the Anzac Teat already???

I guess you are referring to Benji? The same Benji that has been voted the "Golden Boot" for 2010. You know, the best player in the world. And was also voted by the general league public as the best player in the competion. Do you mean that "brilliant star playmaker"? Or was there some other "brilliant star playmaker" playing in this TRIAL game?

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 1:30 pm

Thats the one... He has a crap game and does nothing, but escapes the wrath??? Hardly seems fair considering his Salary is probably 4 times that of young Lui...

At the end of the day, its a trial and a chance to blow out a few cobwebs and get some timing. Judging selective players based on a personal agenda is pretty poor.

I love Benji by the way!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 1:50 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Thats the one... He has a crap game and does nothing, but escapes the wrath??? Hardly seems fair considering his Salary is probably 4 times that of young Lui...

At the end of the day, its a trial and a chance to blow out a few cobwebs and get some timing. Judging selective players based on a personal agenda is pretty poor.

While i agree with your sentiments about Lui and the forwards having no momentum in the first half, why critise Benji to make your point about Lui.

It's just my opinion, but that was the best i've seen Benji play in the first match of the year. While it was late in the first half and in the first 10 minutes of the second half, Benji threw some beuatiful passes, and generally looked sharp.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 2:23 pm

Icon wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Thats the one... He has a crap game and does nothing, but escapes the wrath??? Hardly seems fair considering his Salary is probably 4 times that of young Lui...

While i agree with your sentiments about Lui and the forwards having no momentum in the first half, why critise Benji to make your point about Lui.

It's just my opinion, but that was the best i've seen Benji play in the first match of the year. While it was late in the first half and in the first 10 minutes of the second half, Benji threw some beuatiful passes, and generally looked sharp.

He sure did. But you can't please some people.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 6:04 pm

Interestingly enough the Tigers did not get tackled inside the Eels half until the 22nd minute of the game according to Peter Gentle on WTV. With that sort of start to a match it's no wonder they were down 18-0 so early. They simply had no ball and the forwards didn't get into the game until the second half.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 6:12 pm

willow wrote:Interestingly enough the Tigers did not get tackled inside the Eels half until the 22nd minute of the game according to Peter Gentle on WTV. With that sort of start to a match it's no wonder they were down 18-0 so early. They simply had no ball and the forwards didn't get into the game until the second half.
It was 33 mins gone until we actually held the ball in their twenty...(Was there once orr twice before in the first half but lost it early)...Lote eventually scores in the corner.
kul wrote: when making that judgement, are you taking into account his many missed passes and dropped balls?
We had little to no ball in the first half.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 9:22 pm

the refs were shocking. They gave Parra the ball. reminded me off greg hartley. gave parra momentum plus all our mistakes gifting the eels.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TiggerTheTiger

Post by TiggerTheTiger » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 5:20 pm

Stop worrying guys, its a trial it hardly means anything. Trials are there to knock off cobwebs and to trial combinations. Besides i really do think the Eels are the team to beat this year.