Wests Tigers team for Foundation Cup

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
Balmain Tiger

Re: Wests Tigers team for Foundation Cup

Post by Balmain Tiger » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 4:20 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
willow wrote:How Utai has earned a starting spot on the wing ahead of Brown, let alone Latu and Tagive is mind boggling. He lacks the pace of the three aforementioned players, and can't jump for a high ball. Really struggling to understand the logic behind that choice.

Rest of the squad looks good, particularly since Payten and Ellis are yet to join the forward pack.
Ahead of Daniela and even Beau is equally surprising.
x2

TiggerTheTiger

Post by TiggerTheTiger » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 5:19 pm

Anyone know why Fifita is wearing 41?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 5:25 pm

I would assume because it was his number last week and his body shape means it is easier to use the same jersey

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 7:01 pm

Danos wrote:WT official website says Mitch Brown & Beau Ryan are both unavailable for this weekends trial due to injuries.
Makes a little more sense then, but what about Daniela, Latu or Tagive? Well it's only a trial I guess and now is as good a time as any to see if Utai will be a good replacement if we're hit with injuries during the year.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed 23 Feb, 2011 11:10 pm

I think everyone knows what we can get from Daniela. He sure his quick, can finish a movement and a willing defender. Utai is an unknown and this is a trial.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 8:50 am

More than a Trial for me - I want blood

These guys beat us 4 time last year and its doing my head in.
UTT - Up The Tigers

TiggerTheTiger

Post by TiggerTheTiger » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 9:55 am

Im happy we aren't playing Parra in the first few rounds. We will need to find some form before we have a hit out against them. They will BE the team to beat this year. The older players will bring needed experience. With Kearney they will make the most of having the best player in the game, Jarryd Hayne.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:29 am

It's a good opportunity to give an Utai a free hit out without the risk of a possible error plagued game costing us two points. I hate the Cocks with a passion and will always take pleasure watching our boys do them over, but if we're going to test the waters and try the untested, now is the time to do it. If he has a crap game, its no loss, we can put Brown/Latu/Tagive/Ryan in for the first round.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:47 am

anyone know where I can pickup some cheap ticks for this game?..

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:51 am

TiggerTheTiger wrote:Im happy we aren't playing Parra in the first few rounds. We will need to find some form before we have a hit out against them. They will BE the team to beat this year. The older players will bring needed experience. With Kearney they will make the most of having the best player in the game, Jarryd Hayne.

Jarryd Hayne the best player in the game? I don't think so. Benji Marshall was voted the best player in the world and the best player in the NRL. Wise up.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 11:19 am

TiggerTheTiger wrote:Anyone know why Fifita is wearing 41?
maybe he beefed up over the off-season and its the only jersey that fits. :roll

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 11:54 am

alexaki wrote:anyone know where I can pickup some cheap ticks for this game?..
Cheap tickets? As opposed to the full price ones the rest of us are buying? Just turn up on the day unless you have your heart set on a particular section.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 12:56 pm

TiggerTheTiger wrote:Im happy we aren't playing Parra in the first few rounds. We will need to find some form before we have a hit out against them. They will BE the team to beat this year. The older players will bring needed experience. With Kearney they will make the most of having the best player in the game, Jarryd Hayne.
With this post and the joke that you posted about Rowdy going to the Eels on a two year deal, I can safely guess that you're Parra fan.

Jarryd Hayne couldn't find his way in a defensive line, shows up for 10 minutes a game and relies on broken & support play to be remotely effective.

Take off back to the Eels forum with all the other geriatric Eels supporters.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 1:10 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Cheap tickets? As opposed to the full price ones the rest of us are buying? Just turn up on the day unless you have your heart set on a particular section.
Thanks...scalpers normally = higher price....but will try....gee I cant wait for the season proper to start!..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:21 pm

alexaki wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Thanks...scalpers normally = higher price....but will try....gee I cant wait for the season proper to start!..
I'm talking about buying them at the ticket window on game day. I'm not suggesting you buy of a scalper but I'd would say given it's not a sellout, I'd be stunned if someone was trying to flog tickets out there ABOVE the face value. More likely someone with extra tickets will give you a decent price.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:33 pm

NYC Squad

WESTS TIGERS U20S TEAM NAMED TO PLAY ROOSTERS
24/02/2011 4:00:22 PM
Wests Tigers NYC Coach Grant Jones has named his team to play Sydney Roosters in a trial match at the Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday, February 26.

The U20s trial will start at 5.30pm and will be the side’s final hit out before the season kick next month. The trial will be played as a curtain raiser to the Foundation Cup NRL clash between Wests Tigers and Sydney Roosters at 7.30pm.

Wests Tigers head into the match on the back of a strong second half trial win over Parramatta at Campbelltown Sports Stadium last Saturday.

1 Ratu Tagive
2 Faleula Finau
3 Tim Simona
4 Limoni Kamuta
5 Joe Ulubai
6 Jay Bonnell
7 Liam Ayoub
8 Neil Begovich
9 Ben Saunders
10 Junior Roqica
11 Mason Talolua
12 Sean Spence
13 Jesse Sue

14 Matt Evans
15 Matt Groat
16 Sebastian Vourlos
17 Daniel Ahsin
18 Joel Luani
19 Evander Waitoa

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:37 pm

no Miller and obviously Woods is on the NRL Bench..... Have you seen the BRET Team yet Smeg?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:45 pm

Have not seen it yet Watto. It should make an appearance sometime before Sunday one would hope.

Was Parata injured or is he also a possibility for BRET?