Who will make an impact & debut?

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
Easy Tiger.

Who will make an impact & debut?

Post by Easy Tiger. » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 7:30 pm

i cant wait to see these guys play
nu akeripa
aaron woods
jake mullaney
junior roqica
jacob miller in the 20s anyway hes got lui & moltzen in front of him
gee we got some talent coming through........
you can also throw in ben murdoch & sam latu want to see more of them.....im fired up
NO 1 QLD TIGERS SUPPORTER.....

redemption

Post by redemption » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 7:54 pm

Jason Schirnack was a superstar in NYC - he managed just one game in 2010 due to a late withdrawal & subsequent injuries!!

While not a debutant - if given the chance - he will star!!

If not given the chance - I fear him moving elsewhere & hurting us badly!!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:01 pm

Woodsy will be a revelation.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:06 pm

I reckon Aaron Woods & Beau Henry (Newcastle) to battle it out for Dally M Rookie of the Year. Considering the off-field showcase which is going on in Newcastle, Aaron should win!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

batboy

Post by batboy » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:10 pm

You been waiting for woodsy for a while now Watto, her's hopin he don't let you down?? I have a feeling ytou're on it.... The kid CAN PLAY!! And bleeds black n orange!!

redemption

Post by redemption » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:11 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Woodsy will be a revelation.
Cannot disagree - but I cannot help myself spruiking J. Schirnack as he was the best / most exciting back-rower in the NYC comp in 2009!!

(I have a huge place in my heart for skillful & tough small back-rowers as I was relatively a small lock & tried to play that way in my junior days!)

Woodsy has suffered a number of significant injuries at a young age - but he is something special (both on & off the field)!!! Great kid!!!!

batboy

Post by batboy » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:17 pm

J schirnack has the motor for NRL... As soon as he gets a shot, He'll take it!! Just quietly... I am liking what i have seen from A schirnack this year also, I was worried we might lose him.... But i think (so far...) He's definatelt kicked it up a bit!!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:28 pm

I remember Woods in 2009 running straight and hard everytime, against some big boys who had 2 years development on him, and he never gave up.... From a domestic point of view, he reminded me alot of a young Glen Lazarus. Always got his meters and always made his tackles.... While Andrew and David Fifita would sometimes pull off the bigger hits and runs, there was always a higher quality about Aaron and his work.

Jason Shirnack has something many footballers lack in todays game. Whether it is knocked out of them in junior reps, or purely because the greater athletes come on quicker, one thing Jason has in spades is Guile/Mongrel.... It is this trait that allows Jason to punch well above his weight... I truely fear with our glut of backrowers, we may never see the best of Jason in a Tiger Jumper. :(
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Easy Tiger.

Post by Easy Tiger. » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:38 pm

redemtion i bet you miss benny galea? he played above his weight
NO 1 QLD TIGERS SUPPORTER.....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:49 pm

redemption wrote:
Cannot disagree - but I cannot help myself spruiking J. Schirnack as he was the best / most exciting back-rower in the NYC comp in 2009!!

(I have a huge place in my heart for skillful & tough small back-rowers as I was relatively a small lock & tried to play that way in my junior days!)

Woodsy has suffered a number of significant injuries at a young age - but he is something special (both on & off the field)!!! Great kid!!!!
I always appreciate watching players punch above their weight (I was a 70kg fullback who was unlucky enough to fill in at hooker on a couple of occaisions.) Probably the reason why I am such a huge fan of Fults. Jason is dead cert to perform well in the NRL IMO, although I think that he will have to rely heavily on injuries before getting a look-in (flanagan will most likely get in before him also.)
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 8:52 pm

redemption wrote:Jason Schirnack was a superstar in NYC - he managed just one game in 2010 due to a late withdrawal & subsequent injuries!!

While not a debutant - if given the chance - he will star!!

If not given the chance - I fear him moving elsewhere & hurting us badly!!!
Red, Know you have BIG wraps on Jason,Me to, Unfortunately we cant keep them all, Stating the obvious I know, Mate who would you rather let go from our current roster of up and coming forwards? It;s a tough call I know, Just curious buddy.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 9:01 pm

Could the mods please transfer this thread to the Wests Tigers page? Doesn't have much to do with the Bulldogs game
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 9:54 pm

Definitely not Matty Utai
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 04 Mar, 2011 10:29 pm

Sam Latu
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2011 6:10 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I reckon Aaron Woods & Beau Henry (Newcastle) to battle it out for Dally M Rookie of the Year. Considering the off-field showcase which is going on in Newcastle, Aaron should win!!!
Yeah your right there TW Woods will run rookie of year real close Gagai will give it a shot also

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2011 6:12 am

I think if we can get some weight on Jake Mullaney he will go well if he gets the chance

willow

Post by willow » Sat 05 Mar, 2011 9:50 am

Agree.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 05 Mar, 2011 9:52 am

batboy wrote:J schirnack has the motor for NRL... As soon as he gets a shot, He'll take it!! Just quietly... I am liking what i have seen from A schirnack this year also, I was worried we might lose him.... But i think (so far...) He's definatelt kicked it up a bit!!
Jason Schirnack will struggle to get a run in FG. Al Schirnack on the other hand could end up getting a few runs in the backrow now that he has dropped a bit of size from last year.