First Grade Live Game Thread.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
stryker

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread.

Post by stryker » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:07 pm

Put the knives away fellas....we were very ordinary but its round 1.

Remember that last year at stages it was embarrasing watching these blokes play yet in the end they should have made the GF.

Definitly not a good start but at least we are under way. We are carrying injuries to our forwards who are mostly irreplaceable.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:09 pm

last years over champ still a bad start

Adman

Post by Adman » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:10 pm

6, 7, 9 all poor, didn't build any pressure, 5th tackle options rubbish. Just gave the ball back without a whimper. Game was there to be won easily.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:11 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:At least Morris popped his PCL... Justice is served.
What? He deserves to get an injury because he plays good? What's the matter with you?

Adman

Post by Adman » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:12 pm

Oh.. um goal kicking anyone? I think we should all have a crack.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:16 pm

It's disappointing to lose like that first up, no doubt, especially after such a positive build up in the camp and big wraps in the media. Perhaps that was part of the problem tonight - we just don't do being big favourites very well, for some reason. However, there's a long, long season ahead and I'm sure we will be well and truly in the mix come finals time, when it matters most. I would still like to see Brown back as fullback, though, before too long.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:20 pm

Lui had an average game as did Benji. Farah wasn't too flash hot either. They were all rusty and they know it. Hopefully this is a good wake up call for them all and they'll be on song v the Wazzas. Pressure game. This early on. I feel Moltzen might be getting an early crack at 7 if Lui doesn't deliver the good next weekend.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:21 pm

Yup Disappointed for sure especially to front up to the doggie supporters that gave me heaps before the match. Writing was on the wall though- Media Hype , Benji's mind in the right zone since the incident and fox sports panel all tipping us.
Sets up for a good come back next week, so I will not run the warm bath or get the razor blades out just yet. :cry:

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:21 pm

Didn't get to watch much of the game sadly. From what I could see in a short time:

1. Benji seemed confused all the time.
2. No talks were going around. Can't believe I'm saying this but I think I missed Beau's enthusiasm.
3. I thought Utai was pretty good. One of the rare men on today who actually looked interested. He popped up everywhere although he may need to work on his positioning.
4. MOLTZEN!!! I have said this 10x and I'mma say it again. PUT HIM IN STATE CUP. He is too important to be playing 7 minutes of competitive football each week...
5. Tackling was good. Couldn't see many missed tackles TBH but there were too many holes open and seriously dogs could've driven a truck through it. Although, the tackling was good and there were no arm grabs which is a good thing I guess.

As mentioned by other people, performance needs to be improved but no need to panic. Dogs didn't play that good a game but not taking anything away from them, it was an ordinary performance by Tigers.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:23 pm

bigdamo wrote:last years over champ still a bad start
The point is why abuse the players after 1 game?

They will get their act together and thats what matters the most.

Sure it was a poor start but I'm not at all worried.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:25 pm

Yes we weren't good but from what i saw the Dogs played pretty well tonight. Fair play to them. We can improve. I missed Robbie Farah tonight. The team seemed rattled and rusty. But we'll get better.

And Frank - ten minutes of great football a year -Pritchard played all of them against us. Again. Grrr.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:32 pm

Why blame the backs the fowards were a pack of girls not once did they push the dogs back so put the blame where it belongs

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:36 pm

tig_prmz wrote:5. Tackling was good. Couldn't see many missed tackles
You miss Liam's howler? Was it going to the toilet or getting a beer?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:38 pm

NZTiger wrote:Lui had an average game as did Benji. Farah wasn't too flash hot either. They were all rusty and they know it. Hopefully this is a good wake up call for them all and they'll be on song v the Wazzas. Pressure game. This early on. I feel Moltzen might be getting an early crack at 7 if Lui doesn't deliver the good next weekend.
mate mr sheens wont take the number 7 off lui ... he would look stupid ..
hey im off to new zealand in 15 days time ....how the weather .....

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:43 pm

thats the problem bulldogs were not that great we gifted the game to them every basic in the game we failed long season looming as the warriors giants are coming the warriors also have a big side a good half that has a kicking game a goalkicker and big dudes we have a pack of little people that cannot tackletim moltzen should be in state cup not fit payton not fit ellis not should not have played positives utai i thought was real good had a dig as was young lui still a kid .

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:45 pm

If you think Fulton had a howler, you must have been at the toilet or getting a beer. What was he doing in the backline playing outside centre, Benji had no one to pass the ball too. Some Howler!!!!!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:51 pm

Just came back from the game...a very poor game from the Tigers all around....they must be believing the press that they will win the premiership this year....they just didn't turn up....Changes for next week...I would:

1. Put Brown at fullback.
2. Give Moltzen and Lui 50% of the game at halfback...
3. Wake up Farah...he is becoming too predictable in attack!..
4. Bring on Gibbs....and if Ellis is not fit start Dwyer!

Our team looked unorganized tonight!

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:52 pm

he means the howler when morris ran straight over the top of him and ran 80 metres to score ....