we will win nothing with fulton in the team

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
User avatar
Team Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu 18 Mar, 2010 10:26 am

Re: we will win nothing with fulton in the team

Post by Team Tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:13 pm

Geo. wrote::roll 1 loss

that is All.....
I get that, Geo. But that doesn't mean we have to be happy with it, or be non chalant about our performance.

If we miss the top four by a point it's games like this that hurt. We're not panicking... just disappointed.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.


LukeH
Member
Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu 01 Jul, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by LukeH » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:14 pm

I think farah was invisible. Contributed nothing, putting more pressure on Marshall. Marshall needs him to take some of the load, otherwise he'll try too hard and things won't work. Fulton was off as well. Lote, Lawrence and lui were great as ayshford and utai was good without being spectacular.

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:18 pm

yes guys it is only round 1 .......sorry for being disappointed in my sides performance..rugby league was the winner and the better side won on th night ... better luck next week tigers ....

Lisa
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed 16 Feb, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Lisa » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:54 pm

Very hard on Liam. 40 plus tackles only 2 misses & a crook shoulder.
Bull

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:23 am

Alf Duguid wrote:Only 25 games to go, I think we should cut our losses and focus on 2012 season. This season is gone
Great post Alf.
UTT - Up The Tigers


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5318
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:09 am

Lisa wrote:Very hard on Liam. 40 plus tackles only 2 misses & a crook shoulder.
Yeah apart from the very bad miss on Morris, I thought Fults was ok. He was the only player consistently cleaning up the Dogs big men, esp 2 x 1-1 tackles on Pritchard.

Heighno on the other hand just patted Pritch on the back as he steamed for his try.

User avatar
KingOvKingz09
Member
Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:30 am

are you for real...
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

User avatar
Tommy Magpie
Member
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Tommy Magpie » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:34 am

We will nothing without Fulton in the team. A workhorse, tackles all game, and covers for some of the weaker defenders (Lui/Marshall).

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:38 am

happy tiger wrote:Before we start blaming Fulton Lets have a look at our kicking game . Too many times Dogs were starting from 22 and getting field position at end of sixes . They in return put great pressure on our back three and got numerous repeat sets , With our attacking kicks much prefer Farah taking than Benji . Our kick chase was pretty bad . Goal kicking If I was Sheens I would of said to Benji goal kicking of 75% plus . Would of started game with Payten and brought the youth on once we had set a platform . Don't get my wrong dogs played really solid ,but we did not take our chances and looked very disjointed for a team with basically same side from last year .Disappointing but only first game we need to hit back against Warriors but they will be out for revenge after last years touch up .
could not agree more, we kicked so poorly. Fulton missed 1 tackle that led to a try, and that sticks out, but he made 30 by half time, if you arte making that many you are going to miss. Fulton was by no means great, but he is long way from being dropped imo

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:39 am

Tommy Magpie wrote:We will nothing without Fulton in the team. A workhorse, tackles all game, and covers for some of the weaker defenders (Lui/Marshall).
on that, i thought marshall looked alot stronger in defence last night....

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38554
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:03 pm

Goose wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Before we start blaming Fulton Lets have a look at our kicking game . Too many times Dogs were starting from 22 and getting field position at end of sixes . They in return put great pressure on our back three and got numerous repeat sets , With our attacking kicks much prefer Farah taking than Benji . Our kick chase was pretty bad . Goal kicking If I was Sheens I would of said to Benji goal kicking of 75% plus . Would of started game with Payten and brought the youth on once we had set a platform . Don't get my wrong dogs played really solid ,but we did not take our chances and looked very disjointed for a team with basically same side from last year .Disappointing but only first game we need to hit back against Warriors but they will be out for revenge after last years touch up .
could not agree more, we kicked so poorly. Fulton missed 1 tackle that led to a try, and that sticks out, but he made 30 by half time, if you arte making that many you are going to miss. Fulton was by no means great, but he is long way from being dropped imo
I think other problem was that Fulton did not expect Morris to run straight at him he gets caught off balance and almost mid air and trying tackling when your mid air . I'm not making excuses and i am sure Liam is vey disappointed with that . Bigger issues than Fultons defence Playing injured players could be a bigger issue if what everyone is saying about Farah Ellis etc is true ???

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31881
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:15 pm

Normally such a reliable defender, Fulton unfortunately had one of those moments every player regrets where he just got in the wrong position and paid the penalty by getting trampled by a speedster who can go the length of the field. Fulton certainly wasn't to blame for last night's loss - The team overall looked flat and uninterested for the most part. Way too early to crucify him after 1 game because after watching last night, the amount of improvement left in the Tigers is scary.

User avatar
Cysquatch
Member
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue 20 Apr, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: we will win nothing with fulton in the team

gee, thats harsh. yes, a bad miss, but thats a little dramatic
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

User avatar
Cysquatch
Member
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue 20 Apr, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm

willow wrote:Normally such a reliable defender, Fulton unfortunately had one of those moments every player regrets where he just got in the wrong position and paid the penalty by getting trampled by a speedster who can go the length of the field. Fulton certainly wasn't to blame for last night's loss - The team overall looked flat and uninterested for the most part. Way too early to crucify him after 1 game because after watching last night, the amount of improvement left in the Tigers is scary.

my thoughts exactly
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6438
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:44 pm

KingOvKingz09 wrote:are you for real...
is this real life
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Nix
Member
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon 02 Aug, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: Northern Beaches

Post by Nix » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:35 pm

Agree, thought Fulton was pretty average, but then again so was Robbie F and Rob Lui started off reasonably well but then dropped back to the standard he was at when Mol7z got injured last year - average.

Could he (Lui) have dropped the ball much more in the last stages of the game ?

Also, on a side note, why does Laurie Daley hate the Tigers so much ?

His bias against them during each call is beyond belief.

Amongst other things, for him to say that "this is a wake up call for the Tigers that they need to start playing as a team" had me thinking I had missed ahlf the seaon already and not just watched their first game of the year.

What a di@#$%^& !! :crazy

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 2:11 pm

We struggle without Fulton in the team.

He racked up 44 Tackles and 3 Missed Tackles last night.
UTT - Up The Tigers

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27217
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 2:19 pm

willow wrote:Normally such a reliable defender, Fulton unfortunately had one of those moments every player regrets where he just got in the wrong position and paid the penalty by getting trampled by a speedster who can go the length of the field. Fulton certainly wasn't to blame for last night's loss - The team overall looked flat and uninterested for the most part. Way too early to crucify him after 1 game because after watching last night, the amount of improvement left in the Tigers is scary.
What did you think of Dwyer's attempted assistance?

Or Heighington's miss read on Pritchard and Penalty on Idris?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Post Reply