Use of Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
clontarfkid

Re: Use of Moltzen

Post by clontarfkid » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:19 pm

McKinnon hasnt done anything above average since we bought him,which Im still trying to understand...
Moltzens not ready
..Brown for f/b

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:19 pm

Moltzen should have been brought on for Lui or Marshall, McKinnon should not have been hooked.

McKinnon is still pushing for match fitness, and will get better with every game. The guy is struggling for match fitness after debilitating hammy injuries so give the guy a break.

Hybrid said it best, Moltzen isn't suited at the back. He has to be in the halves or at worst, centres to be dangerous.

Bug, you seriously have issues if you're going to neck the second most successful coach in the modern era after one match.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:20 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Anyone who wants Moltzen at fullback is honestly retarded.
I am not retarded. He needs to be in a critical position.
He is not a fullbacks arsehole. If you think so you're watching a different game.

Loses ground on kick returns. Poor positioning in defense.
Agreed.

One thing about McKinnon is that he would have got out of the in goal when he fielded that Hodkinson kick that resulted in a repeat set late in the game.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:20 pm

king sirro wrote:He couldnt be worse than McKinnon
Yep - and anyone saying differently has issues. He also has a huge upside. Just give him time there. We will lose with Moltzen at the back but we have the same problem now with Lui at 7 and we had that problem with Benji at 6.

Longer term it is the best option.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:22 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Moltzen should have been brought on for Lui or Marshall, McKinnon should not have been hooked.

McKinnon is still pushing for match fitness, and will get better with every game. The guy is struggling for match fitness after debilitating hammy injuries so give the guy a break.

Hybrid said it best, Moltzen isn't suited at the back. He has to be in the halves or at worst, centres to be dangerous.

Bug, you seriously have issues if you're going to neck the second most successful coach in the modern era after one match.
match fitness ....omg your kidding right ........its round 1 buddy .. every player is looking for match fitness ....moltz at number 7 .. or left right out

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:24 pm

Centaur wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Anyone who wants Moltzen at fullback is honestly retarded.
I am not retarded. He needs to be in a critical position.
He is not a fullbacks arsehole. If you think so you're watching a different game.

Loses ground on kick returns. Poor positioning in defense.
Agreed.

One thing about McKinnon is that he would have got out of the in goal when he fielded that Hodkinson kick that resulted in a repeat set late in the game.
Mackinnon is no 1 fullback he made a try saver at one stage was solid under high ball . Again reason Mackinnon did not seem to play well was because of sub par kicking game at other end he was constantly in a defensive position as we could not maintain field position .

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:25 pm

smeghead wrote:I still have zero confidence in Moltzens courage at the back. His first touch and if he gets low and drives with the legs he stays in the field of play.

He is coming back from a major injury and needs real game time. Not faffing about in a position he outright cannot play defensive patterns in
He was nailed on the goal line from my view.....what can you tell from 10min
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:26 pm

If your going to be Mackinnons size and be dominated, then you need to be very sharp He isnt sharp at all. If its because of his hamstring injuries then fine, let him get that spark back via State Cup
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:29 pm

king sirro wrote:If your going to be Mackinnons size and be dominated, then you need to be very sharp He isnt sharp at all. If its because of his hamstring injuries then fine, let him get that spark back via State Cup
my point exactly.....

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:40 pm

tiger05 wrote:
king sirro wrote:He couldnt be worse than McKinnon
Yep - and anyone saying differently has issues. He also has a huge upside. Just give him time there. We will lose with Moltzen at the back but we have the same problem now with Lui at 7 and we had that problem with Benji at 6.

Longer term it is the best option.
Do you enjoy watching Moltzen lose ground from kick returns?

Look, very promising player, but simply not a fullback.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
smeghead wrote:I still have zero confidence in Moltzens courage at the back. His first touch and if he gets low and drives with the legs he stays in the field of play.

He is coming back from a major injury and needs real game time. Not faffing about in a position he outright cannot play defensive patterns in
He was nailed on the goal line from my view.....what can you tell from 10min
He was actually over the goal line but hard his body straight up. He had time to dive low but thought about trying the step. I have zero confidence in his commitment or his ability to direct the defence from the back. McKinnon did a pretty good job at that tonight. We got caught on errors and scrambling ,mistakes more than anything tonight.

Can't tell anything from 10 minutes. He gains nothing from 10 minutes and the side gains nothing from 10 minutes.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:46 pm

Moltzen will be fullback next week, I'll put money on it.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:46 pm

i dare say we'll see the end of mackinnon soon. dont hold your breath people. moltzen will be the man. lui has to be in the team. just gets better and better this guy.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:21 pm

Totally agree. He came on in the 70th minute and couldn't really inject himself at all. Although he will probably take 4-5 to reach his peak, I do believe he could have had an impact on the game.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Moltz came on when the team had lost its zip and the dogs were on a roll, very hard to turn things around under those circumstances.He will be the no1 in a few weeks, Sheens wants a ball playing no1 in the Hogo mold who can get into first and second receiver and add some variety to the attack and what I saw tonight we sure need some variety

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:59 pm

Can't figure out why Moltz was bought on with 10 to go, From what I saw he's not ready to be back in FG yet. Give him a couple of games in State Cup. If he's picked at fullback next week we'll be stuffed. McKinnon may not be the best fullback in the game but he's safe at the back.

Ausmunin

Post by Ausmunin » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:03 pm

I would prefer to see Moltzen play a full 80 mins in the State Cup and then play in the top flight. I wouldn't be dropping anyone after round one.... round two yes.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:25 pm

Now everyone agrees with a point that I was trying to make since end of last season? People are seriously too bias here.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble