Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
happy tiger

Re: Use of Moltzen

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 4:00 pm

3rded by me Still lmfao when it read it for 3rd time

Kul

Post by Kul » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 4:02 pm

djeks the tiger wrote:Injury has cursed him yes, but we dont need to be carrying dead weight. He did nothing on Monday night. Dont give me this EDITED BY ADMIN that he needs game time either. If he wasnt raring to go on Monday night, he never will be. Unfortunately the games history is littered with players possesing huge potential that get cut short due to injury.

Remeber the good times, dont override them with bad ones.
:crazy :crazy :crazy
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

willow

Post by willow » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 4:44 pm

djeks the tiger wrote:Not at all tigerdre.

Arent you a little concerned that he was about to play at the backend of last season and in the 6 months since then, hasnt improved to close to full fitness

Hey I might be wrong, look at Minichello at the rooters, he came back after what, 5 years?
Moltzen was no chance of playing last year, which further erodes the little credibility you had by posting this utter nonsense.

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:47 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Anyone who wants Moltzen at fullback is honestly retarded.
disagree completely. Moltzen is a very good fullback.

I do concede he needs to improve under the highball, however so do many other fullbacks.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 12:14 am

djeks the tiger wrote:Arent you a little concerned that he was about to play at the backend of last season and in the 6 months since then, hasnt improved to close to full fitness
Fitness shouldn't be the issue here, he is light & had plenty of time to recover during the off-season along with a pre-season preparation with the team..
There are plenty of ways to keep fit other then jogging/sprints, im sure he wasn't a statue over the past several months.

Its a matter of where to play him before giving him extra game time.

I would like to see Lui & Moltz rotate during game time, maybe 20min spells each until we have a clear superior in the role for the permanent position.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 12:42 am

stryker wrote:I'm really not sure where to play Motlz, he needs to be on the field but where?

He either,
Replaces Lui at half,
Replaces Ayshford in the centers, Blake moves to either the wing or the bench,
Replaces Lawrence in the centers, Chris moves to the wing,
Replaces McKinnon at fullback, Wade goes back to reggies,
Replaces Utai on the wing, Matt goes back to reggies,
or he is used as a supersub from the bench.

IMO at the moment none of these are viable options.

Lui needs to stay at half and further develop, Aysh and Lawry are strong centers, Tim's not too flash as a fullback and he's a waste on the wing.
Super sub may be his future but at the moment he needs game time to develop match fitness as well as regain confidence.

It's a hard one..and if everyone stays fit it'll be a headache for quite a while for sheens. We need him in first grade, preferrably starting.....I guess fullback is worth another crack, other wise he's just being wasted on the pine.
I bet a lot of other coaches in NRL wish they had headaches like that Stryker

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 10:31 pm

Aint that the truth HT...I guess I'm just a little worried that he'll hit the road.

Towards the back end of last year I was constantly saying, now that Lui is starting to hit his straps, what do we do when Moltz is fit? We still dont have an answer.....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:56 pm

stryker wrote:Aint that the truth HT...I guess I'm just a little worried that he'll hit the road.

Towards the back end of last year I was constantly saying, now that Lui is starting to hit his straps, what do we do when Moltz is fit? We still dont have an answer.....
Yeah agree Stryker which ever ends up in State cup will leave i reckon Problem with Rob Lui you can't play him off bench like Moltzen imo I've got a feeling that Sheens will start with Moltzen somewhere in about a month fullback or even as a floating winger who knows !!!!!!!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:29 pm

king sirro wrote:He couldnt be worse than McKinnon
Yeh...he could.
tiger05 wrote:Yep - and anyone saying differently has issues. He also has a huge upside. Just give him time there. We will lose with Moltzen at the back but we have the same problem now with Lui at 7 and we had that problem with Benji at 6.

Longer term it is the best option.
LOL...issues.
Yes I have issues with fullbacks watching the opposition catch the ball in our ingoal....it upsets me very very much