farah

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
farahfan

farah

Post by farahfan » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 8:51 pm

wanted nothing to do with the team tonight, ive never seen him play like that.

is he injured?

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 8:53 pm

Not sure what to say about Robbie. In my opinion he is not consistently in our top players list.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 8:54 pm

Bit harsh. very hard for a hooker when the opposition forward pack wants it so much more than your own. Thats what the difference was, the dogs wanted it more.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 8:56 pm

Farah was injured and has not been able to run for weeks. Fonz played him and others when he should not have. Simple.

Their forwards were more aggresive than us and Fonz again showed his extreme lack of ability in getting aggression out if players.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 8:58 pm

king sirro wrote:Thats what the difference was, the dogs wanted it more.
To me that doesn't cut it. I went on a training course at work last year and they had the swans coach in to give a speech - he said he never said the other side wanted it more because there was always a reason why they lost.

One of the reasons we lose games is because Robbie doesn't consistently play as a top line player or he plays most of the game at a top level and then takes a stupid option.

I don't think Robbie took a poor option tonight. He didn't make an impact however I don't think he was poor. He just needs to play to his ability.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 8:59 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Farah was injured and has not been able to run for weeks. Fonz played him and others when he should not have. Simple.

Their forwards were more aggresive than us and Fonz again showed his extreme lack of ability in getting aggression out if players.

If thats true than thats a joke. Its round one and a very long season and if players are playing when they shouldnt then that could really hurt us later in the year.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:01 pm

tiger05 wrote:
To me that doesn't cut it. I went on a training course at work last year and they had the swans coach in to give a speech - he said he never said the other side wanted it more because there was always a reason why they lost.

One of the reasons we lose games is because Robbie doesn't consistently play as a top line player or he plays most of the game at a top level and then takes a stupid option.

I don't think Robbie took a poor option tonight. He didn't make an impact however I don't think he was poor. He just needs to play to his ability.

Well i think the swans coach is wrong. Pretty obvious their was a difference in desire out there. Happens all the time.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:02 pm

king sirro wrote:Bit harsh. very hard for a hooker when the opposition forward pack wants it so much more than your own. Thats what the difference was, the dogs wanted it more.
Thats a cop out, he's the (C) and Ive seen him put in some inspirational displays before.....it wasnt in him tonite

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:07 pm

Wow after one game, here come all the experts. I'll go with Bug and suggest he was playing injured

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:07 pm

He was good in the first five minute, then he lost all interest.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:09 pm

tiger05 wrote:

He was far from 'poor'. You can't blame Farah for the poor foot speed at which bigger players hit the ball in attack, nor can you point the finger at him in defence, nor can you expect him to weave magic when there's little momentum to unsettle and create space. You can point the finger at him for a poor kicking game tonight, yet Lui and Marshall were guilty of the same thing. Farah is supremely gifted. My condolences for having to sit through a chat with the South Melbourne fella

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:18 pm

Look, if you look back at my posts I expressed concern at us playing our injured players. Ellis was not ready to play, Payten was not ready and those on here who also knew Farah was injured, knew he would not be right. I received a PM during the week telling me he was wincing with pain getting in and out of his car and found it hard climbing stairs.

Another person told me he was not happy with being told he had to play.

The Fonz is similar to Daniel Anderson in that he plays injured players.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:22 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:

He was far from 'poor'. You can't blame Farah for the poor foot speed at which bigger players hit the ball in attack, nor can you point the finger at him in defence, nor can you expect him to weave magic when there's little momentum to unsettle and create space. You can point the finger at him for a poor kicking game tonight, yet Lui and Marshall were guilty of the same thing. Farah is supremely gifted. My condolences for having to sit through a chat with the South Melbourne fella
I think we are agreeing. He wasn't poor tonight however he didn't play to his ability.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:24 pm

Farah did look a bit injured but he definatly wasnt the problem - a few of our experienced forwards just didnt put in as well as getting in the way the rest of the time - Hieghno, Galloway, Payten, Dwyer were all really dissapointing

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:24 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Look, if you look back at my posts I expressed concern at us playing our injured players. Ellis was not ready to play, Payten was not ready and those on here who also knew Farah was injured, knew he would not be right. I received a PM during the week telling me he was wincing with pain getting in and out of his car and found it hard climbing stairs.

Another person told me he was not happy with being told he had to play.

The Fonz is similar to Daniel Anderson in that he plays injured players.
You only had to look at the press conference. Something not quite right

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:27 pm

tiger05 wrote:Not sure what to say about Robbie. In my opinion he is not consistently in our top players list.
I would have to say (as they do in the law) "I respectfully disagree".

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:30 pm

Sorry, posted before reading the whole thread. I missed his leadership tonight. I hope he isn't injured but by the sounds it he might be. Hello George Ndira!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:39 pm

We have no real options at hooker apart from Fulton right now if Farah were not to play. Hyland isn't up to it. Corby, Politini & Parata are out injured. Ryan Carr is back in Qld, Ndaira would be a possibility but had basically not had an off season and never trained with the squad.

For all of our depth we have none at hooker right now