farah

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
Demps

Re: farah

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:52 pm

Early days at the moment, hopefully we can find some form and improve each week and get some big wins.
Tonight we didn't look good at all, the dogs weren't an impressive side and we still struggled.
Big year ahead
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:57 pm

tiger05 wrote:
king sirro wrote:Thats what the difference was, the dogs wanted it more.
To me that doesn't cut it. I went on a training course at work last year and they had the swans coach in to give a speech - he said he never said the other side wanted it more because there was always a reason why they lost.

One of the reasons we lose games is because Robbie doesn't consistently play as a top line player or he plays most of the game at a top level and then takes a stupid option.

I don't think Robbie took a poor option tonight. He didn't make an impact however I don't think he was poor. He just needs to play to his ability.
Everyone If the forwards don't do the job Everyone looks bad and that was the case we were on the back foot most of the time and we struuggled to get out of our own half . If we don't get a roll on farah , Benji and Lui will have defense in their face all night Don't blame the 1 6 7 or9 Blame 8-13

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:17 pm

Like everyone here i'm a big Robbie fan but he didn't kick at all, he didn't run from dummy half at all, and apart from a few isolated plays he didn't spark our attack. How could we possibly win the ruck without him? We really missed Robbie's involvement tonight, and his mongrel, and here's hoping he's better soon, whatever the problem is.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:29 pm

God, so many damn injuries even before the season starts! Are we jinxed or something?

Please don't tell me Ennis outplayed Farah tonight. I don't think I could handle the media beat up if that happened, but I guess they'll say he did anyway, simply because the Dogs won.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:34 pm

Okay Farah did not dominate, but he was still in the thick of things and I dont think Ennis went any better.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:36 pm

ust a little note on the Ennis v Farah battle - now the dogs fans and the commentators after the game said Ennis was clearly superior well I was just having a look at the stats (and I know they don't mean everything but they are interesting - especially as Farah was supposedly having his worst game in a while
Run Meters - Ennis 29 v Farah 43
Runs - Ennis 6 v Farah 5
Dummy Half Runs - Ennis 5 v Farah 5
Tackles - Ennis 32 v Farah 35
Missed Tackles - Ennis 5 v Farah 3
Off Loads - Ennis 2 v Farah 1
Errors - Nil Each
Kicks - Ennis 3 v Farah 1
Line Break Assits - Ennis 1 v Farah 0
1 on 1 tackles - Ennis 0 v Farah 2
Penalties against - this hasnt been updated but im fairly sure its Ennis -2 v Farah 0

Interesting collection of stats - mayby its just that we expect so much more from Farah then anyone expects from Ennis

So Robbie plays a bad game and Ennis is supposedly playing great and yet Robbies stats are better

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:40 pm

Ennis's stats are better there tbh. He was obviously more involved. His stats don't usually come close to Robbies at all. So Farah made 3 more tackles, big deal.

Ausmunin

Post by Ausmunin » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:48 pm

Just on Robbie. I saw him rush the car park near my work last week. I assume he was going to Sportsfizz physio. I have seen Mitchell Pearce and a number of dogs players go there as well. I met Mundine there when I was having physio.

Anyway enough of the name dropping. The point is that he looked like he was having treatment. I was going to say hello but he did not look in the mood to chat. So I left him alone.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:48 pm

Farah was pretty quiet, but I wouldn't say he was terrible. Didn't make any errors.

By his standards though, a very quiet game. Did not get involved enough for my liking.

If he is really injured that is disappointing.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:52 pm

Farah played close to 80 mins in the Foundation Cup, but wasn't as involved as he usually is either. Didn't look right to me either. Did a truck load of tackling early in the 2nd half. He also played along side a forward pack that didn't have a lot of go in them.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:56 pm

sorry but ennis was all over him setting up plays farah not sighted had a shocker

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:58 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Farah played close to 80 mins in the Foundation Cup, but wasn't as involved as he usually is either. Didn't look right to me either. Did a truck load of tackling early in the 2nd half. He also played along side a forward pack that didn't have a lot of go in them.

Fonz will split this team in half.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:04 pm

laurie daley(pearls of wisdom right) was right - wests pack had no leadership to help farah out tonight. or possibly from another angle farah has been reading the newspapers too much. i wouldnt read too much into it. the bulldogs pack were hungrier tonight. my question then is - what happened to our preparation tonight. who is responsible? and who gave farah a game plan that contradicts the usual game plan?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:07 pm

i wouldnt say he looked uninterested, to me he just looked fatigued. i know theyve been slogging it out all off season but its only the start of the footy season n no amount of training compares to match fitness.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:08 pm

But isn't everybody in the same boat with fatigue in game one....both teams

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:11 pm

He was obviously injured. I commend Ennis for getting close. :brick:

Our forwards lost and Benji had a nightmare with the boot.

Fulton misses one tackle and Lui headbutts the ball.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:18 pm

tigergirlz wrote:But isn't everybody in the same boat with fatigue in game one....both teams
Yes, you would think so. And how come the other team is always hungrier, as some people have suggested? Where the hell is our hunger? It concerns me that we often go into games half-hearted - there's just something wrong with that.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:23 pm

Flippedy wrote:
tigergirlz wrote:But isn't everybody in the same boat with fatigue in game one....both teams
Yes, you would think so. And how come the other team is always hungrier, as some people have suggested? Where the hell is our hunger? It concerns me that we often go into games half-hearted - there's just something wrong with that.
who will correct our wrong then?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"