Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
Flippedy

Re: farah

Post by Flippedy » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:38 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
tigergirlz wrote:But isn't everybody in the same boat with fatigue in game one....both teams
Yes, you would think so. And how come the other team is always hungrier, as some people have suggested? Where the hell is our hunger? It concerns me that we often go into games half-hearted - there's just something wrong with that.
who will correct our wrong then?
Good question. Hopefully the coaching staff, but if they can't get the team up for games, then perhaps they may need to employ some sort of sports psychologist/motivator. I don't really know, tbh.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:46 pm

how bout bennett? bypass/forget the psychologist. i trust in sheens though and hope he comes good
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:49 pm

Need to stop reading their own hype and knuckle down. Pre-season media put the Tigers on a pedestal, which they have promptly fallen off. A good dose of reality is the best thing.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:57 pm

Yeah well, would love to have Bennett - he can motivate anyone! I don't think we are in the market for him though. I have to trust in Sheens, also, and I do still believe that our season will end much better than it began tonight.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:06 am

king sirro wrote:Bit harsh. very hard for a hooker when the opposition forward pack wants it so much more than your own. Thats what the difference was, the dogs wanted it more.

def. my thoughts second half. we looked a bit flat and tentative. plus quick play the balls with the crack down on the ruck area means a major part of robbie's game is nullified, the markers can really jump out now
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:45 am

Whatver the reason Robbie wasnt Robbie last night.

Injury, Hype, Scarred of Ennis, I dont care.

We have a tough game next week against the Warriors on Sat Night and If Robbie doesn't play well, we loose.
UTT - Up The Tigers

barra

Post by barra » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:27 am

I recall Farah had a slow start last season too - at least I recall wondering where his best was until some rounds into the year when he came good with a vengeance. It doesn't help WT very much let alone his SOO aspirations.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:38 am

The shot Fox Sports had of Robbie after the Bulldogs last try pretty much summed up his night...

Was it " do we have enough time to win this" or "when will this be over. I have to be somewhere..."

He tackled well, but it wasnt in the 40's-50's Tackles to explain his lack of enthusiasm... Hope he will be back next week!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:43 am

Spartan117 wrote:Whatver the reason Robbie wasnt Robbie last night.

Injury, Hype, Scarred of Ennis, I dont care.

We have a tough game next week against the Warriors on Sat Night and If Robbie doesn't play well, we loose.
I disagree Spartan. The best thing about our side is that we have many playmakers available.

Everyone went into hiding last night, and that's why the wheels fell off. Alot of the guys had less than thrilling games.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:57 am

OK to Disagree C-B, I highly respect your Opinion.

Robbie is the down to earth, calming / stable influence in the team.

He does his work perfect every time in terms of defence, Good Service and awsome runs from Dummy Half. All of this was missing last night. Hence my statement.

PS - Almost No chance of SOO in 2011. Robbie has to shred the competition to earn a recall and oust Ennis.
UTT - Up The Tigers

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:07 am

Personally I think it is all about the speed of the play-the-ball. Robbie needs markers out of position to work at his best, but the Doggies had us covered at the ruck. Maybe in the opening 10 mins we had some opportunities but the refs didn't call the marker penalties and instead got Ellis for a rubbish one about not being square.

Just watch the replay and see how often Robbie picks up the footy with Dogs players all over him.

Win the ruck, get to our feet quickly and then see the real Robbie Farah spark.

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:59 pm

I couldn't believe Sheens' comment in the press conference that he thought Robbie had a good game.
He barely got involved at all - injured or not.

I was also dumb enough to have him Captain of my Fantasy team. D'Oh!

tigh

Post by tigh » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:16 pm

Farah was fit enough to play. By his standards, he was dissapointed. His performance was below par. He knows that. He doesn't need the keyboard warriors to stick the 'finger' in - so to speak. All of our blokes were dissapointed in their performance in some aspect. Dogs outplayed us, and took their opportunities - we didn't. Half a dozen 1%'ers go our way and we win by 20. That's footy - but ofcourse, the typical doomsayers come out of the woordwork (they didn't seem to be around in Sept 2010) and trash the coach and players. Round 1 over. Will be better for the run. Bring on round 2.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:34 pm

gees, he wasn't that bad that he deserves this, he was quiet, but mistake free with high work rate and was still smart from dummy half, does he have to lay on 3 tries every week.

Benji's comments after the game indicate that the conservative style we played, that was the game plan, perhaps this explained robbie being less adventurous....

not his best game sure, but some of these comments im reading here are so harsh.

I basically think if we kicked better last night we win the game.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:42 pm

Goose wrote:gees, he wasn't that bad that he deserves this, he was quiet, but mistake free with high work rate and was still smart from dummy half, does he have to lay on 3 tries every week.

Benji's comments after the game indicate that the conservative style we played, that was the game plan, perhaps this explained robbie being less adventurous....

not his best game sure, but some of these comments im reading here are so harsh.

I basically think if we kicked better last night we win the game.
The new play the ball rules are going to change the way Farah plays from dummy half I think NRL are trying to stop sides going 1 out from dummy half from set of six . Robbie needs defense going backwards to be effective out of dummy half and that rarely happened last night so ease off on him His defense was solid He should be our attacking kicker and almost scored from dummy half help set up try for Lote . He wasn't his normal self . Injured don't know about that but if someone has it on good authority well ....

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:47 pm

Guys Farah has a groin problem that he has been carrying since the trials,thats why he didnt kick and lacked mobility. Him at 50% is better than any other option we have,coz we dont have any.

mrbates78

Post by mrbates78 » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 12:03 am

tiga4eva wrote:Guys Farah has a groin problem that he has been carrying since the trials,thats why he didnt kick and lacked mobility. Him at 50% is better than any other option we have,coz we dont have any.
is this groin problem likely to get better, even if he plays every week? id prefer to lose him for a week or two and let it heal, then for him to play at 50% for a few months.

and yes, we definitely needed his kicking game against the dogs, esp as marshall's was off all night.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 12:09 am

mrbates78 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:Guys Farah has a groin problem that he has been carrying since the trials,thats why he didnt kick and lacked mobility. Him at 50% is better than any other option we have,coz we dont have any.
is this groin problem likely to get better, even if he plays every week? id prefer to lose him for a week or two and let it heal, then for him to play at 50% for a few months.

and yes, we definitely needed his kicking game against the dogs, esp as marshall's was off all night.
If they are injured rest them If we lose Farah ,Ellis Gibbs for any length of time I see big issues Two weeks better than 2 months later in season