ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
fergiefurr

Dwyer at prop

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:03 pm

New year same terrible bench rotation.

Dwyer played approximately 30 minutes at prop tonight whilst payten, fifita and woods sat on the bench.

What a joke.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:03 pm

Didn't work
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:05 pm

Never works playing a second rower at prop but sill we try it again and again and again and again...

Sheens never learns.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:07 pm

Agreed. There is no need to even have him on the bench at all if he isn't going to be a replacement second rower. If Ellis/Heighington and Fulton are 80 minute players, then we need a 5 prop rotation.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:31 pm

I don't care what position he was 'played' in tonight. He didn't even have a crack.

Stop making excuses for players who didn't put in tonight.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:34 pm

just a normal switch for a booming young back rower ....ive read that dwyer isgoing to be the next bradley clyde...but he wont playing the battering ram... but thats sheens all over .....

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:35 pm

Centaur wrote:I don't care what position he was 'played' in tonight. He didn't even have a crack.

Who is making excuses?

He is a backrower. Should never ever play prop. Never.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:39 pm

You are so right Dwyer played like a girl as did a few others in the forwards. No go forward, no aggression, not once did they push the Dogs back, so don't blame the back line! McKinnon too slow!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:40 pm

In todays game it really doesn't matter if you play a 2nd rower at prop as long as he has size .Dwyer not big enough. In that situation would rather Ellis at prop . Forwards soft ???? (or maybe carrying injuries as we all knew) Will Bryce be good this weekend short turnaround ????

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:40 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Centaur wrote:I don't care what position he was 'played' in tonight. He didn't even have a crack.

Who is making excuses?

But we are missing the point - I don't care what position he had to play tonight - because he didn't have a go. If you want him in the second row, he needs to at least run the ball hard and get involved in defence.

Him playing as a prop barely impacted his ability to make some effort.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:41 pm

So if matt Utai was picked at halfback a had a bad game it would be his fault aswell?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:In todays game it really doesn't matter if you play a 2nd rower at prop as long as he has size .Dwyer not big enough. In that situation would rather Ellis at prop . Forwards soft ???? (or maybe carrying injuries as we all knew) Will Bryce be good this weekend short turnaround ????
o thats so garbage ... your prop hits the pill up the middle ...your back rower plays left or right and has runs off his centre....he runs the angles .....runs into holes created by his halves .....

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:45 pm

fergiefurr wrote:

So if matt Utai was picked at halfback a had a bad game it would be his fault aswell?
HAHA - what a horrible argument.

Apples and Oranges.
Chalk and Cheese.

And you know what - if in the unlikely event Utai had to play halfback :lol: I would still expect him to HAVE A CRACK! Run the ball hard, make some tackles and look half interested in being there.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:46 pm

Centaur wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:

Who is making excuses?

But we are missing the point - I don't care what position he had to play tonight - because he didn't have a go. If you want him in the second row, he needs to at least run the ball hard and get involved in defence.

Him playing as a prop barely impacted his ability to make some effort.
So he played poorly - that isn't my argument.

My argument is that he should never play prop, not especially when we have three props sitting on the bench, FFS. Defies logic.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:51 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
happy tiger wrote:In todays game it really doesn't matter if you play a 2nd rower at prop as long as he has size .Dwyer not big enough. In that situation would rather Ellis at prop . Forwards soft ???? (or maybe carrying injuries as we all knew) Will Bryce be good this weekend short turnaround ????
o thats so garbage ... your prop hits the pill up the middle ...your back rower plays left or right and has runs off his centre....he runs the angles .....runs into holes created by his halves .....
So what you would do is bring a 2nd rower on who plays same side What so when a team gets injuries do you put wingers in front row .And I'll tell you what is garbage Left side 2nd rowers and right side 2nd rowers . All players can hit holes, run angles and if they can't they should not be in first grade . What Payten can't hit holes ??? Your taught from day 1 to hit holes That was a silly comment tt

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:56 pm

no it wasnt ... toddy has always been a backrower who has moved to the front row ...can galloway
all teams play with left and right back rowers ,,,so maybe your the silly one ......
have a great night all im off to bed ... see youse all next week for round 2 .......

Danos

Post by Danos » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:57 pm

If Gibbs is back next round I keep Woods in the squad before Dwyer. Much more effective. Dwyer might have to bide his time in reserves until Ellis/Rhino/Fulton go down. He'd do alright in the backrow, if he gets his chance, a waste of time running up the middle of the park though. On a positive, there was a lot to like about Aaron Woods game, didn't look out of place at all in FG, big engine, great defence, tough and straight runner, hard to get off his feet, provided some spark off the bench, etc. Just about everything you want in a prop.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:05 pm

tiger tigers wrote:no it wasnt ... toddy has always been a backrower who has moved to the front row ...can galloway
all teams play with left and right back rowers ,,,so maybe your the silly one ......
have a great night all im off to bed ... see youse all next week for round 2 .......
So again what happens if the 2 guys who play right side get injured what do we stick the fullback there . The great 2nd rowers I have seen in my time Clyde , Sironen Tallis Boyd Lindner etc could play either side . The thing is you learn more skills that improve your overall game playing both sides i'll give you an example of someone who could only play 1 side Ellery Hanley and what happened when he played Aussies we stuck Sirro on him and Sirro bashed because he was 1 dimenional ie Stepping , fend , swerve