Dwyer at prop

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
sunshine coast tiger

Re: Dwyer at prop

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:29 pm

I like Dwyer he has a lot of ability. I still think at full strength he struggles to get in my top 17. Ben Murdoch-Masla is a beast and when he returns has to be in the 17. My ideal bench would be Payten, Woods, Fifita and Murdoch-Malsla.

I think Dwyer would benefit from playing extra minutes in the NSW cup.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:39 pm

Dwyer will play 11 next week
Bull

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:09 pm

big lazy overated oaf

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:19 pm

Lisa wrote:Dwyer will play 11 next week
poor form should not be rewarded
Bring Back Dr Pepper -- Tiger Blood

Tigerdan161

Post by Tigerdan161 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:54 pm

Is Ben Murdoch injured?

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:01 am

have to admit, when gibbs was ruled out, i was suprised fifita started and not payten, from there on it was a mystery to me. BUT second half i think they just ground us out, the first i thought we were the better
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:12 am

i didnt even have dwyer in my run out team nor interchange in the pick your team thread, second row, prop or lock - he doesnt cut it yet for my team. i cant see the bradley clyde yet - sheens has good eyes - for me,bronson harrison is a better player at the moment. king of kings replied with this sign :wtf in regard to dwyer not being in my team - but how do you explain it to a young kid.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

everett

Post by everett » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:28 pm

I think Dwyer has ability but needs to find some form in State Cup.

If Gibbs is back this week you have to say the bench will be Fifita, Woods (both prop rotation), Payten (second row/lock rotation) and Moltzen.

Imagine Sheens picked a monster forward pack and bench (sorry no place for Fulton). The pack would be

Galloway
Farah
Gibbs
Payten
Ellis
Heighton

Bench

Fifita
Woods
Moors/Dwyer
Murdoch (once back from injury)

The above pack would match any pack in the league even Canberra's pack.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:31 pm

Cysquatch wrote:have to admit, when gibbs was ruled out, i was suprised fifita started and not payten, from there on it was a mystery to me. BUT second half i think they just ground us out, the first i thought we were the better
Payten is short of a run himself Cysquatch.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

willow

Post by willow » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:34 pm

fergiefurr wrote:New year same terrible bench rotation.

Dwyer played approximately 30 minutes at prop tonight whilst payten, fifita and woods sat on the bench.

What a joke.
That's the thing, there was no excuse for it last night with Dwyer, Payten and Woods on the bench. Dwyer should have been used to give Ellis or Fulton a spell with Payten and Woods subbing for Galloway and Fifita. And while McKinnon was sniffing around the ruck a lot, it is clear for all to see he lacks genuine pace these days and Moltzen should have been put on much earlier.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:35 pm

Tigerdan161 wrote:Is Ben Murdoch injured?
Yes. Not due back until round 6.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:38 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Cysquatch wrote:have to admit, when gibbs was ruled out, i was suprised fifita started and not payten, from there on it was a mystery to me. BUT second half i think they just ground us out, the first i thought we were the better
true, i just think fifita is still more usefull as an impact player. used like pritchard was.
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:47 pm

Cysquatch wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
true, i just think fifita is still more usefull as an impact player. used like pritchard was.
I think Payten is trying to manage that ongoing injury too. Sheensy might also be trying to reduce his minutes to ensure his longevity.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:47 pm

hammertime wrote:
Cysquatch wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I think Payten is trying to manage that ongoing injury too. Sheensy might also be trying to reduce his minutes to ensure his longevity.
I think payten would be on a lot of cash to be get reduced minutes you can stiil start him though first twenty and last twenty . In this day and age you can't carry guys in your squad on reduced minutes on his pay .(Unfortunately )

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 3:27 pm

Think you guys are being very harsh on Dwyer. I watched the game again this morning, and have a different view than I did last night. Our forwards were not too bad, we went forward fairly well, considering we trucked it from our own quarter alot due to our poor kicking, and defensively we handled them adaquately.
Fulton missed a bad tackle, and we dropped off a couple tackles, which dwyer was guilty of.

The benches people are suggesting including 4 props are ludicrous, Payten is no longer a back rower. And 6 props is massive over kill, what do we give each prop 26 minutes each!

Dwyer is our next best back rower and should play there, he in general runs hard, tackles hard and has a good work ethic. He is still a kid improving, but clearly has the talent to be very good.

One loss and the knives are out.....some of the over kill is embarrassing, the knife as been called for about everyone

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 3:31 pm

Dwyer has barely been able to hold onto the ball during trials. He needs a wake up call. WHether that be dropping or letting Folkes flog him is the staffs decision

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 3:56 pm

Goose wrote:Think you guys are being very harsh on Dwyer. I watched the game again this morning, and have a different view than I did last night. Our forwards were not too bad, we went forward fairly well, considering we trucked it from our own quarter alot due to our poor kicking, and defensively we handled them adaquately.
Fulton missed a bad tackle, and we dropped off a couple tackles, which dwyer was guilty of.

The benches people are suggesting including 4 props are ludicrous, Payten is no longer a back rower. And 6 props is massive over kill, what do we give each prop 26 minutes each!

Dwyer is our next best back rower and should play there, he in general runs hard, tackles hard and has a good work ethic. He is still a kid improving, but clearly has the talent to be very good.

One loss and the knives are out.....some of the over kill is embarrassing, the knife as been called for about everyone
I agree, the overkill is massive.