Woods and Fifita

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
NJLM78

Woods and Fifita

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:04 pm

I thought we made good metres in the second half when these two were out there together. They looked like our best forwards tonight but just didn't see enough game time.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:11 pm

No argument here, certainly better than 'Mr Perpendicular'.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:13 pm

Fifita was maybe a bit quiet in the first half, but there's no doubt he & Woods led the charge for us to get back in the game. Woods in particular worked his arse off during his time on the field. Wouldn't be surprised if he soon starts getting over 40 minutes on the field.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:14 pm

Fifita was good in patches, but I can't help but notice that he lacks the ability to take a normal hit up - straight up the middle. When he fiddles around and gets a bit of broken play he brushes defenders to the side like stray branches - and its awesome. But I want him to do more dirty stuff.

Woods was fine in his limited stint.

However, in general, aside from Ellis, our forward pack was pretty woeful tonight. We just didn't make an impact up the middle. Everytime we threw a play the Dogs were there to swamp us, because we hadn't put them on the back foot yet.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:35 pm

Ellis was ok but you could tell he was still feeling the effects of injury but I agree with thsi thread those 2 were our best forwards tonight

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:54 pm

I agree, they played well with their limited time on field.
No point having em in your dream team if thats the minutes they'll be pulling in each week.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:15 am

Maybe Fifita stepped up a notch as he saw Woods ready to take his place as the premier young prop in the rotation.

We Missed Bryce Gibbs.

Whats the go will Big Gall?
UTT - Up The Tigers

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:43 am

Fifita had a solid game while on ground, he does cause broken play which is great for a skillful side like ours..

Woods also done well for the amount of time he was on field on his debut. Hopefully Fifi gets more game time which each round, we are better with him on field..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:44 am

Fifita looks so much fitter this year, I am very impressed. Played longer than he did last year and his work was mostly quality.

derailed

Post by derailed » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:57 am

These two have to be in the side next week, played brilliantly and really deserved their spots. Hopefully we can see them coming off the bench together and ensure their is no rest for the opposition

Tiger_Al

Post by Tiger_Al » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:19 am

Out of the two, I think woods is definately the one that will develop into the 'Blocker Roach or Lazarus" type of prop forward & I can see why he is so highly rated & won't take long for him to get infront of Fifita in the pecking order... but Fifita is the more impact type of prop which is better suited to coming from the bench.
I would've like the see those two swap roles last night. How often did Woods get his arms free only to have no support...

Also I think Todd Payten will be put under pressure as well by these two (I love the bloke but..)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:27 am

How fit was Fifita looking? Made a couple of great tackles from marker, defensive work was clearly better than last year.

Woods was great for the limited game time he got. Big boy with a great ability to get the ball free.

If we had to choose our bench with the return of Gibbo, I'd consider leaving Dwyer out for Woods and Fafita. They both had the attitude in attack and defense last night, and I'd give Fafita a go running on the fringes.

14. Payten
15. Fafita
16. Woods
17. Moltzen
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:33 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:How fit was Fifita looking? Made a couple of great tackles from marker, defensive work was clearly better than last year.

Woods was great for the limited game time he got. Big boy with a great ability to get the ball free.

If we had to choose our bench with the return of Gibbo, I'd consider leaving Dwyer out for Woods and Fafita. They both had the attitude in attack and defense last night, and I'd give Fafita a go running on the fringes.

14. Payten
15. Fafita
16. Woods
17. Moltzen
Agree with this.

Also, our backrow mostly play 80 minutes, so an extra prop would mean we would not be playing second rowers in the front row like Sheens loves to do.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:17 am

Seeing Woods play was a highlight for me. I look forward to watching him develop and I hope he gets plenty of NRL time this season.

Fafita clearly had attitude which was something otherwise lacking against the aggressive doigs pack.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:21 am

Fifita impressed me alot last night... Im not a huge fan of him because of his workrate in defence, but he changed that last night, and deserves a good wrap!!!

Its amazing what competition does, but Well Done Andrew!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:59 am

Tiger Woods defended ok too, was a respectable debut.

Fifita clearly has the best fend in the game, he put a great shot on that hack Tolman. But I agree with the sentiment that sometimes he tries to fend off the entire opposition team rather than making direct yards.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:14 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:How fit was Fifita looking? Made a couple of great tackles from marker, defensive work was clearly better than last year.

14. Payten
15. Fafita
16. Woods
17. Moltzen
Agree with this.

Also, our backrow mostly play 80 minutes, so an extra prop would mean we would not be playing second rowers in the front row like Sheens loves to do.
x3.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:17 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Fifita impressed me alot last night... Im not a huge fan of him because of his workrate in defence, but he changed that last night, and deserves a good wrap!!!

Its amazing what competition does, but Well Done Andrew!!!
Big of you considering he was the best player on the park for us
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen