Utai the dog

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
hybrid_tiger

Re: Utai the dog

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:12 pm

If anything, Brown should be on the wing. Far superior to both Utai and Ryan.

Ryan is a poor finisher, doesn't make any ground from kick returns, and is slow for a winger.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:21 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:If anything, Brown should be on the wing. Far superior to both Utai and Ryan.

Ryan is a poor finisher, doesn't make any ground from kick returns, and is slow for a winger.
Agree. Utai was not the worst player out there last night, but I'd definitely prefer Brown for the extra size and speed.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm

Yeah but if you play Brown than there can be no justification in bringing Ryan back into the FG side when fit.

Thats my first conspiracy theory for the year and i'm sticking to it 8-)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:27 pm

No Utai was not the worst but as i said in a previous thread Ayshford seemed unconfident playing with him defensively . Ryan may lack skills and speed of some wingers but what l like about Beau is he is always the first to come rushing to congratulate someone if they pull off big hit and has heaps of enthusiasm Still prefer Brown over Ryan over Utai

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:28 pm

smeghead wrote:Yeah but if you play Brown than there can be no justification in bringing Ryan back into the FG side when fit.

Thats my first conspiracy theory for the year and i'm sticking to it 8-)
If you can't get game time, you can't conclusively prove that you should own that jersey.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 5:11 pm

Kul wrote:Ahhh ink, the ol' bait-a-roo!
sorry mate, not this time...

The only thing I don't like about Utai is his presence in the team over other players. I've never met the guy in person so there is zero personal influence in that opinion.
Utai was a star centre several years ago, a footballer that may people (including myself) admired. Again, as I said before, it is his presence in the team over other players, added to his performance in the Parra trial and tonight's game that forms the reasoning behind that opinion.

Which part of that isn't fair minded?
It may be wrong in your opinion and perhaps the opinion of others, but it's still a valid opinion.
Its no bait....and even if it was - ''not this time'' ?
Which means what?

You replied.

Just my opinion but it seems personal, youve been on his back since it was rumoured we might sign him, havent given him a chance during any games, games were more people have said he's played better than those saying he was poor...look at the 3-2-1-thread. The thread title is one of the biggest insults you can call a man...his performances have been OK....never mind, agree to disagree

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 6:53 pm

innsaneink wrote: The thread title is one of the biggest insults you can call a man..
Agreed. Dont like the thread title but respect everyone's opinions in it. Dont care if people think a player is crap, but no need to call them names IMO.

Also, a female dog would be a bigger insult for a man. :lol:
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:16 pm

The difference between the best coach in the league and others is every week he picks the best in form players regardless and not play games that gives away advantage every week.

Cats Fan

Post by Cats Fan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:24 pm

citizen cub wrote:IMO Beau is much better than Utai, younger than Utai, faster than Utai and more reliable than Utai. Beau has received a lot of unwarranted criticism from various forum members and had a few blunders last year but overall I thought he had a pretty decent season. Those who try and claim those blunders were as a result of his Footy Show segment are just fools and you guys need to take a good look at yourselves.
Ryan was a key reason we got on the front foot last season, he would constantly eat up the metres from dummy half when we trying to get out of our red zone, thus allowing our forwrds to follow suit.