ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
Spartan117

1st Loss - WT Fans Panic

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:50 am

Morning All,

We were bad against the dogs. Our stars were hidden behind the grey clouds, Our forwards were chicken and our tackling machines were missing them.

In the end We lost by 10.

Is it time to Murder, Maim, Cast Aspersions, Ostracise players or even banish the Coach and his staff ????

Weight of expectation is very high. This was a game that we should have won easily as the Dogs are top 8 but not Top 4.

Our boys Must Snap out of whatever world they're in and understand that there will be no G-F if they are complacent. Either that or get real jobs.

Finally Lets keep it together here on the WTForum and support our Team and the Coach (@ least till round 3).
UTT - Up The Tigers

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:37 am

Spartan117 wrote:Morning All,

We were bad against the dogs. Our stars were hidden behind the grey clouds, Our forwards were chicken and our tackling machines were missing them.

Is it time to Murder, Maim, Cast Aspersions, Ostracise players or even banish the Coach and his staff ????

Weight of expectation is very high. This was a game that we should have won easily as the Dogs are top 8 but not Top 4.

Our boys Must Snap out of whatever world they're in and understand that there will be no G-F if they are complacent. Either that or get real jobs.

Finally Lets keep it together here on the WTForum and support our Team and the Coach (@ least till round 3).

Here...here...they must stop reading all the press about them winning the comp this year!...It ain't gonna be that easy boys!!!

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:42 am

Its only round 1 and while we did not play well its a long season and we have the team to be up there come september. need the attitude to change a bit for next week as we seemed a bit lethargic at times. But win or lose i will always support my team. go the tigers

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:00 am

this is very true. this is a post with some credibility, too early to go blasting our team and players.

tigers were rusty no doubt but we arent noted for starting the season on fire.

it will take couple of months for everything to gel.

injured players still to come good and looks like farah was playing injured.

credit to bulldogs they recruited well and played a tight defensive game.

will be interesting so see how the bulldogs and eels fair later in the season with all the hype theyve had preseason, i stil think both those teams lack the attacking ability they need to give the comp a shake, only time will tell.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:08 am

And a lot just moan and groan......fair dinkum you would think we were Parra supporters...It is embarrassing.....

SACK SHEENS NOW..... :blah :blah

Well said Spartan top post
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:17 am

Have a little faith, we have always started the year rusty...
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:30 am

Soon as moltz can be given a permanent starting position the better..

Sheens needs to decide wether he will be given a crack @ 7 againts the warriors or slot him at fullback..

No point keeping talent like that on the bench.. Moltzen is no Ben Barba, he wont produce miracle tries in his 10min game time.

Daniela is a handy interchange to have, he could have given Farrah a rest for 20min or so & given us quick 10meter yards.. Would have loved to see him slot in somewhere, even on the wing as some suggest. Id even say fullback if it wasn't for Moltzen. We need speed!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:11 am

I was happy with our performance in most parts, we just didnt win. There was a few errors, technics were rusty and our timing was sometimes off. I wouldve liked to see Moltzen get more game time, but when was the right time to bring him in? McKinnon didnt let us down and our Centres played well. Out of the backs, Lui competed well and probably tried too hard, but on a night when things didnt go our way, trying too hard shouldnt be a crime...

I feel everyone knows where that game was lost and if we galvanise our defence some what, the boys will come out tight next week and we should see a great result/victory to the Tigers. A defensive performance like the round 3 clash against Parra last year and an improvement in our kicking game will be needed.

Cant see any changes out of the 18, baring injuries...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:50 am

Just a lack of execution in attack and aggression in defence. It was about attitude, I think for the most part the right players were in the right positions.

Sheensie said it himself - he thought the options were ok but executed poorly, i.e. every kick except the Lui one where Barba lost it in-goal.

I personally was annoyed by the consistent stuttering in our attack. Blokes dummy running in the wrong place, balls being passed to players standing still, guys looking at each other instead of lining up to charge onto the footy. We need to remember the art of steaming onto the football and offering Benji numbers in attack. Best playmaker in the world can't do much if his teammates stand there watching him to do it all himself.

We're a wonderful team when players are in motion, but apart from Chris Lawrence and the occasional hit-up from Geezer Ellis, everyone else looked stale.

Attitude! But no reason for panic either.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:07 am

I'm not Panicking - But what happened to The famous WT attacking flair.

2010 was a defensive year. We don't seem to be troubling our opponents and hurting them from all ports of the field of late.

We are fitter, bigger, more experienced and on average younger than ever.

Why???
UTT - Up The Tigers

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:13 am

alexaki wrote:

Here...here...they must stop reading all the press about them winning the comp this year!...It ain't gonna be that easy boys!!!
i think it is the fans who need to, not the players.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:15 pm

yeah, a little quick to start bagging the boys i would have thought. like the parra comparison! they got the worse fans in the league, i hope we dont turn into supporters like that.

i thought we went ok and the dogs were more clinical than us and second half defended really well. a bit kick happy at times, but once we get in the groove i can see those sweeping backline movements and plays coming together.

a little unlcky for some of their tries and fully wont miss a tackle like that again all season. he'll make a hundred more telling ones than that over the course of the season anyway.

def. rusty maybe even lacking a bit of intensity but not freaking out just yet. this year, for the first in a long time i know we got a good squad and should be up there when it counts
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:45 pm

I WANNA SEE SHEENS FIRED
AND MCKINNON
AND UTAI
AND GALLOWAY
AND MOLTZEN
AND BENJI
AND FULTON
AND THE WATER BOY
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:07 pm

Demps wrote:I WANNA SEE SHEENS FIRED
AND MCKINNON
AND UTAI
AND GALLOWAY
AND MOLTZEN
AND BENJI
AND FULTON
AND THE WATER BOY
What about Gentle , Kicking tee boy and scoreboard attendant as well I think your beginning to soften be harder on them I say

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:08 pm

With the time zone difference I had grand plans to watch the game at 9.15pm local HK time last night without knowing the result, but i could not resist a peek at the Forum.

What I read was like we were slaughtered in the game, every player had a shocker, the Sack Sheens brigade came out again - at least that made me smile. So I was not looking forward to watching the game.

But after watching the game we were in it with 10 to go ? sure it may not have been the best start we all wanted but to go as far as wholesale changes to the side no way.

Benji looked sharp in attack - poor kicking yes, Loti - he looked in great shape, Lui - looked like he fits into the team this year and is getting more involved. Robby probably just needs a hair cut to give him the usual slick dude look and he wil be fine. Woods and Fifita are going to be great assets for the club, so I am sure things will get better.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 2:00 pm

Good Call Muffstar (Great Name)

I truly felt the boys were really off their game while out at Homebush.

I going to try and watch the game and see how it looks up close.

Cliché Time " We may be better for that loss in the long term".... Though

Warriors H
Raiders H
Roosters A

Imagine if we hit 0 and 4, Some members of this forum will be murderous....
UTT - Up The Tigers

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 2:47 pm

"Tell me why I don't like Mondays,
I want to shoooooooooooot the whole day down"

And remember what happens next round to teams who play on Monday.

Nah that was last year ...
we'll run those giant Warriors off their feet (hopefully)

:?: :?: :?:
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 3:28 pm

what were the commentators talking about when they were saying that Robbie wasn't kicking much? because he didnt put many grubbers in at all did he? injury?