1st Loss - WT Fans Panic

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
bigdamo

Re: 1st Loss - WT Fans Panic

Post by bigdamo » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:13 pm

simple reasonwhy theres a bit of panic they have played like this headless chooks for years under the fonz including last night you guys are apoligists for the club fair dinkum we had one excellent year in 05 a decent end to the season last year but03 04 06 07 08 09 is why the club did not buy a kicker let their best one go our recruitment policy is we dont buy players

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:18 pm

bigdamo wrote:simple reasonwhy theres a bit of panic they have played like this headless chooks for years under the fonz including last night you guys are apoligists for the club fair dinkum we had one excellent year in 05 a decent end to the season last year but03 04 06 07 08 09 is why the club did not buy a kicker let their best one go our recruitment policy is we dont buy players
Yeah - and Ellis, Tuqiri, Brown, Daniela, Utai weren't bought by the club (and before that Hodgson, Payten, Elford, Prince, Whatuira, Richards, Galloway, Payne, Galea, Lolesi, Harris etc)!!

Stop making ridiculous statements!!

Tell me a goal-kicker who was on the market last year??? (And who we could afford without shedding players!)

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:28 pm

settle down truth hurts youre scraping the barrel with some reserve grade players there other sides seem to manage sure youre not with the club

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:30 pm

redemption wrote:
bigdamo wrote:simple reasonwhy theres a bit of panic they have played like this headless chooks for years under the fonz including last night you guys are apoligists for the club fair dinkum we had one excellent year in 05 a decent end to the season last year but03 04 06 07 08 09 is why the club did not buy a kicker let their best one go our recruitment policy is we dont buy players
Yeah - and Ellis, Tuqiri, Brown, Daniela, Utai weren't bought by the club (and before that Hodgson, Payten, Elford, Prince, Whatuira, Richards, Galloway, Payne, Galea, Lolesi, Harris etc)!!

Stop making ridiculous statements!!

Tell me a goal-kicker who was on the market last year??? (And who we could afford without shedding players!)
Michael Gordon ??
Could've made a play @ him instead of McKinnon + TNT's $$
He goes alright @ FB
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:31 pm

Gordon re-signed with the Panthers & is on Origin money!!!

We could not compete with that!

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:42 pm

I went to both trail games and from what I seen and heard there is massive expectation about this team for 2011...I must admit I never felt the same and from what I saw with other teams on the weekend we will struggle once again we will win our fair share but we still do not have that little bit extra unfortunatly.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 4:43 pm

I just find it astounding that one small bump in the road can derail someones whole perspective. Do these same people let every small deviation effect their lives so easily? , if they do they must be a nightmare to be around. :bawling

Just relax please it's one game. We played poorly there is no way of getting around that but there were some positves. 3 of our our best strike weapons got overt he line and scored points. As badly as we may have played we lost 4 tries to 3 and you have to feel that was the best the Bulldogs have got and they may lose their best player for 4 weeks, if not longer. We have a long way to go to get to our best and if history has shown anything the Tigers bounce back.

For all the "experts" on here who are bleating about not success since 05 it is not the only thing that following a football club is about. Did anyone just enjoy the experience of being back at the game last night? (sorry if you did'nt get to ANZ but stick with me) the atmosphere was great and yes it was sad to lose and it would be nice to walk away from there with a win, but footy is back and next week we can look forward to walking down Mary Street as we get back to what matters, watching the Tigers and cheering them on come rain or shine, win OR lose. :supporter:

No one wins the comp in March and there is a long way to go.

Smile people and have faith, otherwise whats the point. :sign:

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:34 pm

I can see what you mean Spartan, unfortunately the benchmark has been set very high because of their showing last season. It would now seem a big deal if the Tigers drop a game they were expected to win as they are tipped by many to take out the minor premiership. TBH, I am a little concerned as well. I thought, to lose to a pretty average Dogs team with a number of new faces by 10 raised a few alarm bells that we need to improve if we're to make the eight, let alone the 4 or the MP.

Lets face it, the Dogs were ordinary, we were worse. We had numerous opportunities down their end to score and only managed to do so 3 times, the fowards laid a platform and the backs didn't complement this. Benji kicking on the 4th TWICE didn't help, when it was obvious we had he Dogs by the balls, on their own goal-line. 2 of their 4 tries were inexcusable, I know Morris is a strong, fast guy, but there's no way we should have let him run 90 metres to score that try, and then they throw the ball wide and he then beat a further TWO defenders to pass back to Keating who ran the rest of the way.

The fowards were GOOD, Fifita, Ellis, Woods and yes, my bestie Galloway ;) all provided solid Go-foward and the backs should have embraced this and performed their duties to the same standard.
Last edited by citizen cub on Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:49 pm

I think what you see Iron Tiger are the residual feelings from previous years.

Everyone can cop a round one loss, it wasn't a pasting, and the Dogs had alot to prove. However we have started seasons where 6 and 8 weeks in the same players make the same mistakes without consequence.

The only player I would have chosen to drop would have been Dwyer and that is based on his form in the trials and round one. We actually have a real depth of talent in the back row and it wouldn't hurt to use it and send the message that there are consequences for continued poor form.

Just my take on it

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:10 pm

I get on the Forum after games. What appears straight after a loss is emotion. Will it be reasoned good sense - no. It is sorrow, anger, disgust etc (including money down the drain).
There are a few with blinkered opinions, but generally the mood swings change by the beginning of the next game.
Just roll with the punches and keep perspective.
I, for one, swore off supporting the Tigers after the loss to Souths last year....lasted a whole two weeks and I am embarrassed by the comments I made straight after the game.
Made me realise I can't be anything but a Tiger for life!!

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 2:21 am

We were 1 point away from a Grand Final last year.

We were pummelled physically by the Roosters in Round 2, had no halves Rounds 6 - 9 and I think mentioning the Souths game will suffice.

There are 26 rounds. 1 Round means nothing, unless it's a Panthers like performance where there's certainly an issue. Just calm down and be happy there's only 5 more days for redemption.

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:05 am

I was gobsmacked when the SMH ran a poll on Tuesday asking whether the Wests Tigers could bounce back after the defeat. Seriously? One loss and people are writing us off?? Ridiculous!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:08 am

IronTiger wrote:I just find it astounding that one small bump in the road can derail someones whole perspective. Do these same people let every small deviation effect their lives so easily? , if they do they must be a nightmare to be around. :bawling

Just relax please it's one game. We played poorly there is no way of getting around that but there were some positves. 3 of our our best strike weapons got overt he line and scored points. As badly as we may have played we lost 4 tries to 3 and you have to feel that was the best the Bulldogs have got and they may lose their best player for 4 weeks, if not longer. We have a long way to go to get to our best and if history has shown anything the Tigers bounce back.

For all the "experts" on here who are bleating about not success since 05 it is not the only thing that following a football club is about. Did anyone just enjoy the experience of being back at the game last night? (sorry if you did'nt get to ANZ but stick with me) the atmosphere was great and yes it was sad to lose and it would be nice to walk away from there with a win, but footy is back and next week we can look forward to walking down Mary Street as we get back to what matters, watching the Tigers and cheering them on come rain or shine, win OR lose. :supporter:

No one wins the comp in March and there is a long way to go.

Smile people and have faith, otherwise whats the point. :sign:
Agree with almost everything you said except title isn't won in March . It may not be won but you could lose it in March if you lose too many games Canberra week after won't be an easy game either (no games are easy some are just harder )

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:12 am

when does Pat Richards come off contract in ESL ??? there could be an answer to problems there goal kicker great winger good defensively

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:44 am

I think the dogs kick chase game was better then ours, also the pritchard try came from two very very sus passes which no one has spoke about. also we had two players who didnt play one trial match in ellis & payten who will be fitter for the run, also i agree that farah was carrying an injury last week , but i am sure we will bounce back against the warriors this week.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:24 pm

Jacob Miller looked pretty good in NYC. Kicked one from the sideline (only chance he got).

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:50 am

Andrew Fifita kicks goals
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

redemption

Post by redemption » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 6:33 am

Juro wrote:I was gobsmacked when the SMH ran a poll on Tuesday asking whether the Wests Tigers could bounce back after the defeat. Seriously? One loss and people are writing us off?? Ridiculous!
.... & News Ltd are seen as the only sensationalist mob??!!??

Fairfax is just as big a joke!!!!