Wade Mckinnon

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
simonthetiger

Wade Mckinnon

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:06 am

Im interested to hear peeps thoughts on this fellow.

IMO, he is slow,has awful hands and doesnt offer too much.

He did make one good tackle,but he seems to lack the pace to get blokes in the clear.

I was keen for Wade to play FB but im leaning towards Moltzen after seeing Mckinnon have to ordinary performances(in the trial agaiinst the rorters and this game).

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:18 am

He is short of a run IMO. He has been hampered by hammy injuries for a couple of years and will only get better with game time.

The best fitness is match fitness.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:19 am

Lets give him and the team the benefit of it being only round 1.
UTT - Up The Tigers

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:20 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:He is short of a run IMO. He has been hampered by hammy injuries for a couple of years and will only get better with game time.

The best fitness is match fitness.
Agreed.

And once again, anyone who wants Moltzen at fullback is honestly deluded. Moltzen is a TERRIBLE fullback.

If McKinnon had to be replaced (which he shouldn't be) it should be Brown replacing him, not Moltzen.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:23 am

simonthetiger wrote:Im interested to hear peeps thoughts on this fellow.

He did make one good tackle,but he seems to lack the pace to get blokes in the clear.

I was keen for Wade to play FB but im leaning towards Moltzen after seeing Mckinnon have to ordinary performances(in the trial agaiinst the rorters and this game).
His positional play is top notch he's lost pace which now just makes him average....I dont think Molzen is the answer yet either...King Sirro is right...he needs time in reserve grade or he starts at Halfback...10 minute stints off the bench do nothing both for him and from him......

What's wrong with Brown?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:26 am

Anybody who thinks moltzen is a good fullback has no idea. Would live to know what Mitch brown has done wrong. I cant be convinced McKinnon and Utai are better options then him

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:28 am

His game was hampered by alot of choppy confusion amongst the play making options.

He was always floating in the middle of the park in attack and many times had to change his angle at the las minute and basically turn into a hitup into a defender because of sloppy constructs and bodged lines by decoys.

He was by no means perfect but worth keeping for the time being

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:58 am

simonthetiger wrote:Im interested to hear peeps thoughts on this fellow.

Agree. I think Moltzen has the skills to be a better FB than MacKinnon, if he can increase the aggression in his ball attack and return.

Better I think to have Moltzen on the whole game at FB with an extra forward on the bench than MacKinnon lumbering around for 70 and Moltzen on for 10 mins.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:09 am

there is just no burst in his game anymore.
i don't expect it to come back.

i would prefer brown at the back until jake is ready.
which i hope is soon,but haven't seen enough of him to know how far off he is.

wicked_j

Post by wicked_j » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:38 pm

All I want to know is why we didn't want to give Hodgson a decent contract only to go on and sign McKinnon...

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm not playin around, McKinnon sucks.
Rubbish in all aspects, don't want him on my team.
Moltzen or Brown
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:45 pm

I definitely think we need someone with a bit of pace at least, otherwise our attack suffers and we've got no one to chase down breaks besides the 2 blokes on our left flank.

I can't see McKinnon breaking the line that often. Moltzen or Brown should be there.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:54 pm

I dont like being harsh a guy after 1 game but I have to agree that McKinnon doesnt cut it anymore. He is two yards to slow and is going to be found all year.

I know Hybrid will call me retarded, but I still think Moltzen has the making of a champion fullback if we have the patience with him there. He looked very sharp last night.

The only problem with this - Lui played poory last night (as did Marshall and Farah) and I am less certain that he is the answer at 7.

That all being said and one, we lost last night because Marshall and Farah failed to dominate and control our attack. When they perform we will win 9 times out of 10.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:00 pm

wicked_j wrote:All I want to know is why we didn't want to give Hodgson a decent contract only to go on and sign McKinnon...
Mackinnon was literally free last year did not cost us 1 cent honest

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:25 pm

Problem with McKinnon's pace is if that he is running off the hip to make the break you need someone running off his hip waiting for him to be rundown and offload.

Moltzen is liability at FB. If it is not McKinnon, it's got to be Brown. He has a complete game at the back.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:39 pm

I dont know what game some of you guys were watching but i thought Lui had a good game caompared with others. he tried his guts out all night and was at least trying a few things. he broke the line on a couple of runs and looked dangerous most of the night. i think he has to be our long term 7. only my opinion

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:44 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Problem with McKinnon's pace is if that he is running off the hip to make the break you need someone running off his hip waiting for him to be rundown and offload.

Moltzen is liability at FB. If it is not McKinnon, it's got to be Brown. He has a complete game at the back.
Once you make a break everyone should be chasing forward in support or to prepare for next play anyway cb

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:54 pm

matty tiepie wrote:I dont know what game some of you guys were watching but i thought Lui had a good game caompared with others. he tried his guts out all night and was at least trying a few things. he broke the line on a couple of runs and looked dangerous most of the night. i think he has to be our long term 7. only my opinion
Agree Totally...

No we should all get back on Topic
UTT - Up The Tigers