ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
Centaur

Re: Trent Hodkinson....

Post by Centaur » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:10 am

Goose wrote:
helmesy wrote:I thought Lui was great last night, probably tried to hard and was behind a beaten forward pack but impressive none the less.
Great.... i think not, he was responsible for about 40% of the kicking (the rest benji) and all the kicking was crap.
His error on the attack led to a bulldogs try, and his error on the second with only 5 minutes indirectly led to another bulldogs try.

He tried hard and made one very good run, but this is not enough, he needs the bread and butter of a decent kicking game, and he at half back has to take some (not all) blame for the lack of organisation.

At this stage Lui is a long way behind hodkinson, he has more potential, but until he gets the basics right he needs to improve greatly.
The only decent kicks on Monday night were off Lui's boot in my opinion.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:28 am

Centaur wrote:
Goose wrote:
helmesy wrote:I thought Lui was great last night, probably tried to hard and was behind a beaten forward pack but impressive none the less.
Great.... i think not, he was responsible for about 40% of the kicking (the rest benji) and all the kicking was crap.
His error on the attack led to a bulldogs try, and his error on the second with only 5 minutes indirectly led to another bulldogs try.

He tried hard and made one very good run, but this is not enough, he needs the bread and butter of a decent kicking game, and he at half back has to take some (not all) blame for the lack of organisation.

At this stage Lui is a long way behind hodkinson, he has more potential, but until he gets the basics right he needs to improve greatly.
Actually one decent kick was Benjis when Ayshford almost scored rest were junk

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:31 am

happy tiger wrote:
Centaur wrote:
Goose wrote:

Actually one decent kick was Benjis when Ayshford almost scored rest were junk
I am fairly certain that Lui kicked that one.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:57 am

Do some of you guys watch the game or just write in adulation of the players?
Goose is right about Lui - his mistakes cost us big time against Bulldogs.
I watch most games with my son and we both cringe anytime the attack aims itself at him.
He made mistakes that cost us through the finals last year (although I'll admit he had a good game against the Dragons) and he will cost us again this year.
We have Moltzen sitting there on the bench and getting a lousy 10 minutes in the wrong spot.
Utai on the wing? Well, he tried hard but.... those guys who put their hands up in the big games last year and played so well ( Brown and Flanagan) must have done something to upset the coach in the off season.
Obviously some of the other guys were a bit underdone so I hope the extra week gives us enough to get over the Warriors

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 2:59 pm

Geo. wrote:
Bazzinator wrote:i think everyone seems to be skipping the fact that he was 400k to join the dogs and there is no way sheens would risk 400k on someone who has played the number of games he has in such a key position
He said no when he was a 20's player Bazz
He was playing for Cabramatta at the time and he was pointed out to Tim and Tim said no.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 3:17 pm

Chris wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Bazzinator wrote:i think everyone seems to be skipping the fact that he was 400k to join the dogs and there is no way sheens would risk 400k on someone who has played the number of games he has in such a key position
He said no when he was a 20's player Bazz
He was playing for Cabramatta at the time and he was pointed out to Tim and Tim said no.
Fair enough too very hard for coaches to make decisions on highlight packages or what they see in trials etc .