Wests Tigers team for Round 2

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
tigerbenji

Re: Wests Tigers team for Round 2

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:45 am

I was confident early in the week but if we loose gibbs & ellis & fulton is already out it leaves big defence gaps in our forwards, am starting to panic.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:48 am

No Ellis, Fulton & Gibbs means a similar structure to the defence that took on Parra in the trial.

Time to aim up and prove yourself guys, use this as a confidence booster to do the job against the Warriors

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 2:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Latest news courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website - By Wayne Cousins

Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens will give forwards Gareth Ellis and Bryce Gibbs as long as possible to prove their fitness for tomorrow night’s match against the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval.

Gibbs (knee) and Ellis (ankle) remain in doubt but Sheens said both players would not need to train today to still be able to play.

Gibbs underwent knee surgery late last season and then copped a knock to the knee against the Sydney Roosters in the Foundation Cup, resulting in him missing the season opener last Monday night.

“Both boys are working hard to get there so we will just have to wait and see what happens today. I will give them to tomorrow if I have to,’’ Sheens said.

“Bryce is racing the clock to be ready for this week. Gareth came off last week with an ankle injury and we have some concern there. “

Sheens added he would continue to bring utility Tim Moltzen along slowly. Moltzen played few minutes in last week’s loss to the Bulldogs in his first NRL game since returning from a knee reconstruction last year.

“Tim hasn’t had the game time (to start). I am still concerned about his confidence with that knee but he will get more time this week than last week. Next week is the same,’’ Sheens said.

“He is on song for a return to a starting position within the next 2-3 weeks.

“I just want Timmy to be playing. It doesn’t matter what position. He can play anywhere in the backline.

“Right at this point, I just want to get through this game. Tim will play a part and we will wait and see what happens. The way things fall generally in football games you don’t predict what is going to happen in a month’s time. "
One very interesting comment Tim made Tim will be right for a starting position in 2-3 weeks time Which one we all ask ???
I can't imagine it being anywhere but fullback.

you know who

Post by you know who » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 2:37 pm

There is an article on Ninemsn stating that gibbs and ellis are in doubt

everett

Post by everett » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 3:13 pm

If 3 experienced players are out it is time for the other players to step up especially Galloway, Fifita,
Dwyer and Heighington. Woods may see more game time this week
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Kickme

Post by Kickme » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:36 am

redemption wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
redemption wrote:On the official site there is a link to the team announcement - but the line-up is blank!!

However it does state that Liam is out due to injury!

He is the only player mentioned in that manner - so I assume Ellis has been named!
Definitely says he is out . Gee I hope Gibbsy and Ellis are fit Round 2 and already stretched to limits with forwards . I think we have a problem Houston
Bring in Jason Schirnack & he'll be a revelation!

We could go with Moors - but he plays lazy in defence like Dwyer - & we cannot afford that if Gibbs & Fulton are missing!
So whats shirnack got to offer? other then penalties and a bad temper.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:48 am

Kickme wrote:
redemption wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
redemption wrote:On the official site there is a link to the team announcement - but the line-up is blank!!

He is the only player mentioned in that manner - so I assume Ellis has been named!
Definitely says he is out . Gee I hope Gibbsy and Ellis are fit Round 2 and already stretched to limits with forwards . I think we have a problem Houston

We could go with Moors - but he plays lazy in defence like Dwyer - & we cannot afford that if Gibbs & Fulton are missing!
Is this a gee-up????

Wait - I just saw your posting history & now know that 80% of your posts are either endorsing or defending Simon Dwyer!!!!

Is that you Mrs Dwyer?????
Last edited by redemption on Sat 19 Mar, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 1:05 am

Kickme wrote:
redemption wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Have you EVER seen him play genius????

He was the stand-out forward in the 2009 20s team that made the GF!!

Do you even know the difference between Alan & Jason Schirnack???? (Jason was back-up captain to Nicholls in 2009 - ahead of Hyland, Woods etc..... and your mate Dwyer!!!!)

Unlike Dwyer - he will tackle all day - not miss 6 tackles from 23 attempts - not take just 4 hitups for 31 metres in 44 minutes of game time - not drop every fourth ball that comes his way - not go missing when the going gets tough & not live off his reputation!!!!

You apparently couldn't rate an all-round quality footballer to save your life!!!

Ignorant post!!!!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:10 am

redemption wrote:
Kickme wrote:
redemption wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Definitely says he is out . Gee I hope Gibbsy and Ellis are fit Round 2 and already stretched to limits with forwards . I think we have a problem Houston

Have you EVER seen him play genius????

He was the stand-out forward in the 2009 20s team that made the GF!!

Do you even know the difference between Alan & Jason Schirnack???? (Jason was back-up captain to Nicholls in 2009 - ahead of Hyland, Woods etc..... and your mate Dwyer!!!!)

Unlike Dwyer - he will tackle all day - not miss 6 tackles from 23 attempts - not take just 4 hitups for 31 metres in 44 minutes of game time - not drop every fourth ball that comes his way - not go missing when the going gets tough & not live off his reputation!!!!

You apparently couldn't rate an all-round quality footballer to save your life!!!

Ignorant post!!!!
Cronic penalty giver.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:10 pm

Any word on how Gibbs and/or Ellis are travelling? I won't enter the Shirnack debate, having only seen him play a few times, does Farlow ever get a look in with the full-time squad?

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:19 pm

2gb just said Ellis pretty much out and Gibbs only 50 50...... all of a sudden I have a bad feeling about this game

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm

Golden wrote:2gb just said Ellis pretty much out and Gibbs only 50 50...... all of a sudden I have a bad feeling about this game
If that is case we have to move Lawrence to lock and either Daniela or Brown to centres We can't go in with an inexperienced pack to play Warriors in the wet They will tear us a new one in the forwards

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:27 pm

Enter Jason Schirnack....for Ellis come on Sheens give another kid a chance
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:58 pm

Golden wrote:2gb just said Ellis pretty much out and Gibbs only 50 50...... all of a sudden I have a bad feeling about this game
Oh Golden...." all of a sudden I have a bad feeling abouit this game"........I thought this would be your first post at 7.33pm in the LIVE Game thread......

After that Golden Post , I all of a sudden have a great feeling about this game

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 1:00 pm

smeghead wrote:No Ellis, Fulton & Gibbs means a similar structure to the defence that took on Parra in the trial.

Time to aim up and prove yourself guys, use this as a confidence booster to do the job against the Warriors
That's exactly what I wasthinking Smeg....perfect game for the young guns to make a name for themselves

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 1:05 pm

Its going to be very tough without Ellis and Gibbs on a wet surface backing up from a Monday night game. Payten looked very under done on Monday without a good pre-season. We really need him, Galloway, Heigho to especially step up in the forwards along with big games from Marshall and Farah

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 1:39 pm

gibbs will be a bigger loss than ellis if you ask me...
gibbs defensive efforts around the ruck will be greatly missed.

everett

Post by everett » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 2:31 pm

It is only round 2 and if my memory serves me correctly we lost the first 2 games in 2005.

If Gibbs and Ellis are not 100% it would be stupid to risk them with a long season ahead. Give some young kids a go in the NRL. We could unearth another Dwyer, Fifita or Woods. If Jason Schirmach is a tough player who gives his 100% then a perfect replacement for Ellis. Moors is not a front rower and should only be used in the back row. I would start with Woods and Fifita in the front row tonight which will give Galloway a wake up call that he needs to perform as a Senior player.

I don't care if we win or lose tonight I just care that each player plays to their 100% capacity and gives it a real crack. It is a real honour to wear the Wests Tigers jersey.

I would love Sheens to use all four players on the bench with more match time since we have a number of injuries including Farah who didn't look 100% last week. People have mentioned a groin problem.

The rain is going to have a bearing on the match which should be a close one. Marshall's kicking might play a part.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership