Mitch Brown (what has he done wrong)

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
you know who

Re: Mitch Brown (what has he done wrong)

Post by you know who » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 11:15 am

Mitch Brown played wll last year on the roll into the finals and was quite safe under the high ball as well. I believe he has the right ro feel unlucky of being snubbed from first grade, usually you have to earn your spot to get in first grade and sheens is pretty loyal to the player that got the job done before, so im not sure whats going there.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:20 pm

IIRC Beau Ryan played one poor game at fullback after a string of excellent performances as was lambasted and stripped of the role. I think he is our best option at fullback tbh. Brett Hodgson thought so too remember.

everett

Post by everett » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 1:02 pm

Just another thought given various people's opinion.

If McKinnon is too slow and old, Mitch Brown not up to NRL standard (not my opinion) and Jake Mullaney to young and needs to put on some weight to play NRL we have some money left over from TT retiring why don't we offer some money to David Milne from Canberra. Plays well when given the opportunity at Canberra and he is stuck behind Josh Dugan.

I would go for Mitch Brown as he is sold and runs the ball back with pace. His positional play in attack needs to improve but he has pace. As someone pointed out that last year he chased down one of the Titan's wingers who has plenty of pace. We already have enough attacking players in our back line plus super sub Moltzen to come on and spark some attack.

Like the idea of Moltzen playing a bit of dummy half and defending on the wing with Lawrence pushing closer to the action in defence.

Also Brown was the full back for the last 6 games when we came one point away from the Grand Final.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

mtd

Post by mtd » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 5:25 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:These thread titles are funny... I think the problem for Mitch is he has done very little at all!!!

Whats he achieved?
How many Tries has he scored?

Judging by his useage last year, he is only a backup for NRL and doesnt feature in Sheens prefered backline...

I only see him as a player who is at State Cup Level...
lol wow..... so u mean being safe under the high ball, making correct defensive decisions and finishing off attack the majority of the time doesnt count for anything? what more do u want from him? score 4 tries a game in state cup to then 'acheive something'? shannon mcdonnell killed state cup but he was next to useless in first grade

mckinnon is nothing compared to what he used to be... he's not even a state cup player... he's and english super league player.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 6:29 pm

mtd wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:These thread titles are funny... I think the problem for Mitch is he has done very little at all!!!

Whats he achieved?

Judging by his useage last year, he is only a backup for NRL and doesnt feature in Sheens prefered backline...

lol wow..... so u mean being safe under the high ball, making correct defensive decisions and finishing off attack the majority of the time doesnt count for anything? what more do u want from him? score 4 tries a game in state cup to then 'acheive something'? shannon mcdonnell killed state cup but he was next to useless in first grade

mckinnon is nothing compared to what he used to be... he's not even a state cup player... he's and english super league player.
Wrong... McKinnon is the Tigers preferred Fullback, Moltzen is second and Brown is a good backup if needed.

lmao... Brown has only played 5 games at Fullback and hasnt scored a try in any of those games... I wouldnt call that good finishing off??? The only thing correct about your assessment is he has caught a 'few' high balls and McDonnell was crap in first grade...

If the bloke was any good at Fullback, and Sheens had him in his plans to play there, he'd be playing Fullback for BRET???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

baku

Post by baku » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:29 pm

tuqiri for fullback????

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:40 pm

Just scrolled through this whole thread and thought I read some ideas about Moltzen at 9...........must have been having a bad dream. Farah racks up 30-40 tackles a game!!!!!
I love Moltzen and really enjoyed his games with Marshall in the halves. Poetry in motion.
Those bagging Brown at fullback....he did Ok in a winning team last year. Mckinnon is "safe" as no. 1, but lacks timing in attack (and possible speed). Brown would be my no. 1 gamble at fullback...Moltzen is too fragile protecting the back.
Although Tuqiri is big and fast on the wing I'm not sure his positioning in defense is too good.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:48 pm

Well Marshall himself just said he thinks Moltzen's best position is fullback and reckons he needs to bide his time for a few weeks before getting his chance there.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:53 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Just scrolled through this whole thread and thought I read some ideas about Moltzen at 9...........must have been having a bad dream. Farah racks up 30-40 tackles a game!!!!!
I love Moltzen and really enjoyed his games with Marshall in the halves. Poetry in motion.
Those bagging Brown at fullback....he did Ok in a winning team last year. Mckinnon is "safe" as no. 1, but lacks timing in attack (and possible speed). Brown would be my no. 1 gamble at fullback...Moltzen is too fragile protecting the back.
Although Tuqiri is big and fast on the wing I'm not sure his positioning in defense is too good.
hey Tgirlz not sure if you read whole comment What i said was if Robbie's groin isn't 100% I thing we could try is Moltzen at hooker in attack and on wing in defence Bring Lawrence into ruck and brown from wing into centres . if we lose Farah for any length of time it could damage our title aspirations . Let robbie rest groin for 2-3 weeks to get 100% right don't want to Tim there full time ok

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 10:09 pm

Totally agree to rest Farah if not fit.....still not sure the changes will cover Robbie's defensive effort, esp with Fulton missing. Puts pressure on the likes of Heighno and Payten (workhorses), and I still think Galloway can be suspect in defensive effort.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 10:44 pm

Maybe we can sack some of these blokes and get Hodgo back?
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 5:37 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
mtd wrote:

Whats he achieved?

Wrong... McKinnon is the Tigers preferred Fullback, Moltzen is second and Brown is a good backup if needed.

lmao... Brown has only played 5 games at Fullback and hasnt scored a try in any of those games... I wouldnt call that good finishing off??? The only thing correct about your assessment is he has caught a 'few' high balls and McDonnell was crap in first grade...

If the bloke was any good at Fullback, and Sheens had him in his plans to play there, he'd be playing Fullback for BRET???
i wasnt talking about sheen's plans and what is happening with BRET. i'm talking about the topic, which is mitch brown.

oh yeah, seeing as though you know so much, can you tell me how many tries did darius boyd, the dally m fullback of the year, score last year?

:roll

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 5:56 pm

So was I... The thread title says "Mitch Brown - what has he done wrong" and my point is he probably hasnt done anything wrong, he just hasnt done anything to justify selection at Fullback ahead of McKinnon. He has achieved nothing!!!

Whats Nathan Waters done wrong? Nothing
Whats Mark Flannagan done wrong? Nothing
Whats Junior Moors done wrong? Nothing

They just arent apart of the NRL top 17, just like Mitch Brown!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 6:57 pm

mtd wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
mtd wrote:

Whats he achieved?

i wasnt talking about sheen's plans and what is happening with BRET. i'm talking about the topic, which is mitch brown.

oh yeah, seeing as though you know so much, can you tell me how many tries did darius boyd, the dally m fullback of the year, score last year?

:roll
Hey TW we can't judge players by how many tries they have scored Look at Bryce Gibbs he hasn't scored one since 2005 gf I think Agree with all other points though

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 7:03 pm

I agree, but old mate above was claiming Brown is a better Fullback based on the fact he is good finisher. I was just letting him know he is wrong!!!;)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 7:06 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I agree, but old mate above was claiming Brown is a better Fullback based on the fact he is good finisher. I was just letting him know he is wrong!!!;)
Yet again TW he is wrong At least he has left the Moltzen at five eight thing alone