Mitch Brown (what has he done wrong)

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Mitch Brown (what has he done wrong)

Post by Defiant » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 2:45 pm

MacKinnon made the Souths fullback look fast :)

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:These thread titles are funny... I think the problem for Mitch is he has done very little at all!!!

Whats he achieved?
How many Tries has he scored?

Judging by his useage last year, he is only a backup for NRL and doesnt feature in Sheens prefered backline...

I only see him as a player who is at State Cup Level...
So do you want to keep MacKinnon at full back what would be your plan of attack Watto
This thread isnt about McKinnon... Its about Brown, and unfortunately I dont see Brown as a NRL Standard Player!!!

The guy doesnt even play Fullback in the BRET team??? Brown is a band aid, pure and simple....
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:10 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:These thread titles are funny... I think the problem for Mitch is he has done very little at all!!!

Whats he achieved?
How many Tries has he scored?

Judging by his useage last year, he is only a backup for NRL and doesnt feature in Sheens prefered backline...

So do you want to keep MacKinnon at full back what would be your plan of attack Watto
This thread isnt about McKinnon... Its about Brown, and unfortunately I dont see Brown as a NRL Standard Player!!!

The guy doesnt even play Fullback in the BRET team??? Brown is a band aid, pure and simple....
Thats cool TW i think I would put him on wing myself just asking your opinion on full back thats all

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:13 pm

On the Fullback issue, I reckon we should play Jake Mullaney at Hooker for BRET so he learns to tackle, ensure he gets the right prescription to bulk up and he should right to go by next year!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:16 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:On the Fullback issue, I reckon we should play Jake Mullaney at Hooker for BRET so he learns to tackle, ensure he gets the right prescription to bulk up and he should right to go by next year!!!
and this year ??????

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:20 pm

McKinnon is the best Fullback at the club!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:22 pm

Thats cool with you there . Another question should we be resting our big names if not 100% Personally reckon we need to rest Farah if only half fit no kicking game limited movement better getting someone at least 100 %

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 3:50 pm

If mackinnon doesnt aim up i think brown has to come into the team against the raiders.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 4:24 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:?

I see him as more than a state cup player and a back up and I think many people would agree with me on that.

Even if you do consider him as a back-up then I think he is a back up for Moltzen. I want Moltzen to be at fullback later this year and am pushing for him to play State Cup at fullback. McKinnon to me offers NOTHING. His support play is good but it's to waste because he can't even run 20m with it. These days you need an extra ball player and a fast man as your fullback and Mckinnon is not one. Brown is 2nd grade at bestfor fullback but he is the one I would turn to given that he didn't let us down last year.

I also disagree with you about Brown offering us nothing. He runs and tackles harder than Mckinnon.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 5:01 pm

Cheers... but judging by Team Selections over the past 2 weeks, I dont think Sheens has the same view as you... Once again, Brown is proudly flying the Tiger Flag in State Cup where he belongs!!!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 5:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:Thats cool with you there . Another question should we be resting our big names if not 100% Personally reckon we need to rest Farah if only half fit no kicking game limited movement better getting someone at least 100 %
Farah is a World Class Player and those type of players know when they shouldnt play... What Robbie offers at 70%, is more than others at 100%. My question for you is do we have another option to replace Robbie, but even if we did, would that option be capable to do those things you felt Robbie was lacking on Monday???

I was very frustrated with his performance on Monday, but I also know Robbie doesnt play too many bad games on the trot.... I'd give him a few more runs to come good, as I'm certain he has earned that luxury to find his best form!!!

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 5:53 pm

Which Mitch Brown are we talking about ! The one I saw last season, aimed up in all the positions he played. From what I saw of McKinnon in the game against the Bulldogs on Monday, Brown would have done a far better job in that role, I think you are under rating the guy - wait a few more weeks and he'll be back in the side :sign:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 6:04 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Thats cool with you there . Another question should we be resting our big names if not 100% Personally reckon we need to rest Farah if only half fit no kicking game limited movement better getting someone at least 100 %
Farah is a World Class Player and those type of players know when they shouldnt play... What Robbie offers at 70%, is more than others at 100%. My question for you is do we have another option to replace Robbie, but even if we did, would that option be capable to do those things you felt Robbie was lacking on Monday???

I was very frustrated with his performance on Monday, but I also know Robbie doesnt play too many bad games on the trot.... I'd give him a few more runs to come good, as I'm certain he has earned that luxury to find his best form!!!
Do have 2 options 1 is unavailable now 1st would of been Fulton to dummy half see my point 2nd is Moltzen Dummy half and he then defends on wing in defence Lawrence comes into middle and Brown in the centres Would give us zing out of dummy half and has combinations with Marshall already the last thing any of us want is Farah out long term due to groin issue

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 6:07 pm

i dont rate brown at all (at the moment anyway) - stop gap player - i rate mckinnon even less - mckinnon has the brains i think but his body is letting him down - at least brown is still young - the only thing he has got going for him - anything is possible with brown
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

willow

Post by willow » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 6:21 pm

I'd prefer Brown at fullback over McKinnon. As I said in a different thread McKinnon positions himself well but just lacks the pace to be a genuine threat in attack and defensively he's not the best either.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 6:30 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Cheers... but judging by Team Selections over the past 2 weeks, I dont think Sheens has the same view as you... Once again, Brown is proudly flying the Tiger Flag in State Cup where he belongs!!!
Best we have at fullback is Moltzen if he develops those couple of extra skills as mentioned by Sirro in a separate thread. The closest we can get to Moltzen is Brown IMO.(until Moltzen gets back to his devastating form).

I know Sheens doesn't think so but that is my opinion and I reckon the opinion of many. Your opinion is different to mine and I respect that even though it may sound like I dont. lol
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 7:35 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:McKinnon is the best Fullback at the club!!!

Then we are in trouble
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 8:01 pm

Brown would've possibly caught Josh Morris is one factor at least. Do you remember that game against the Titans last year when he seemed to appear from nowhere and run down one of the Titans flyers who was racing for the line. He's fast. And outside the Benji-Lawrence-Tuqiri side we don't have any fast players at the moment.