Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
tiger05

Re: Utai

Post by tiger05 » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:10 am

I think he really gets us going at the start of our sets. Very hard to put down and looks dangerous.

He really helped carry our forwards who at times went missing.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:14 am

Agreed. I think our backs made more metres than our forwards last night. Made one poor decision but anyone could have made that error and he wasn't the only one who fouled up that directly led to the try.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:26 am

Kul.
You say he's deficient in defence ( most players miss tackles weekly Al Schirnack was a costly one too) then go on to suggest him play in the centres, the most difficult position on the park to defend in????
Hard to fathom

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:29 am

Utai played great, ran hard which was needed last night as the forwards seemed to be MIA a lot of the time

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:45 am

I'll reserve my judgement on him. He played well, and provided good Go-foward when it was really the foward's job to be doing that. He was one of our only consistent performers in this game.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:22 am

Can't just blame Utai for that Inu try. For starters Inu passed the ball forward to keep it in the field of play. Benji and Utai both missed the sneak from dummy half.

Like others I'm just happy to see a bloke run straight and hard, bumping off defenders. Some of our blokes take such lackadaisical hitups, I am glad to see some venom in Utai's bursts.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:28 am

Moreso Benji and mackinnon, Utai had those two on his outside where Inu scored.
Not easy to stop, turn chase and pick up a bouncing ball....that was one of the most freakish plays Ive ever seen yet some want Utai dropped for not stopping it - get a clue!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 am

That play went too fast...I'm not bagging Utai but I think he should've dived on the ball instead of letting it go between his legs. It's not like we were going to get any advantage if it went over the line..Utai should've dived on it IMO. Although, I do wanna see more of him...
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:02 pm

I thought utai played well last night, & took a lot of pressure off our forwards with his hit ups, plays another week in 1st grade.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:05 pm

Utai had a blinder last night. Took several hit ups and was hard to stop everytime he touched the ball.
Im more than happy for Ayshford to drop back to field the bombs.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:20 pm

Overall the mini bunker buster had a solid game, came up with some good hard running and took a lot of defenders top ut him down each time, and even then he was still standing at the end of each tackle. Defensively is where he needs to improve, he's definitely got some hesitancy there but he's going alright so far.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:34 pm

I'll put my hand up......I was wrong.....Utai has a lot to offer his carries back from our end helped a lot...It's obvious Ashyford is the defensive winger on the right when it comes to defusing kicks.... he is getting better too....nice tactic Sheens....

Well done Matt Utai play like that every week and it will be Beau Knows Reggies if Sheens is fair dinkum...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 1:46 pm

Golden wrote:he runs the balls fine, but I dont trust him at all in defence or under the high ball, one game this year he is gonna cost us a game, it was almost tonight with the lazyness to get to the ball and doesnt even contest for the ball in bombs which is very important in todays game
He does not contest the high balls because he swaps with Ayshford on the last tackle. Wise up.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 1:52 pm

I Thought utai had a good game against canterbury also and last night just got better.Well done to him

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:55 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Golden wrote:he runs the balls fine, but I dont trust him at all in defence or under the high ball, one game this year he is gonna cost us a game, it was almost tonight with the lazyness to get to the ball and doesnt even contest for the ball in bombs which is very important in todays game
He does not contest the high balls because he swaps with Ayshford on the last tackle. Wise up.
exactly he doesn't contest the high ball so he needs his centre to catch it! having to put Blake out there shows we have no trust at all in our winger whats also going to happen is teams are going to figure this out, and start running the ball on the 5th tackle and hes going to get caught out in the centre not having any idea how to defend there.

maybe 30 years ago a winger like Utai was perfect, but today to many trys are scored off kicks and bombs and wingers have become the difference in winning and losing games

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:59 pm

Ayshord didn't have to many problems last night....it's and obvious tactic by Sheens...took you a while to catch on though...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:08 pm

Takes him a while yes, but he can pluck one game from 7 years ago where Utai had a night to forget.....seven years ago playing for the dogs and a most freakish piece of play last night where a try results against his team, yes, drop him now