Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
innsaneink

Re: Young Forwards

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:05 pm

Conditions and the opposition suited the forwards tonite

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:27 am

The attitude was good but there were far too many dropped balls by forwards running the ball up. I know it was damp but still...

Thought Woods looked great tonight. Defended well and showed some good footwork. He has a great future if he can avoid injury.
Fifita is not hitting the line hard enough or direct enough. Has to really wind up and go straight.
The brothers were solid without being great. It's good we have guys like this who can go into 1st grade and do a job.
Dwyer was better than last week. Ran a nice line to make a line break.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:39 am

Grerat depth of the squad shown tonight.

Amazing Al gets more game time as a player not training with the NRL squad full time than when he was with them.

These guys stepped up over the last fortnight and really put in. Thats all you can ask

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:43 am

smeghead wrote:Grerat depth of the squad shown tonight.
Agreed! We loose 3 forwards and they filled the gap.

Dwyer carved up in the centers towards the end of the game tonight.... very surprised at his pace too
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 2:06 pm

Kaiser wrote:
smeghead wrote:Grerat depth of the squad shown tonight.
Agreed! We loose 3 forwards and they filled the gap.

Dwyer carved up in the centers towards the end of the game tonight.... very surprised at his pace too
Pretty sure he was a centre in his junior days before he filled out and moved to the backrow.

everett

Post by everett » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 3:20 pm

They all did themselves proud given we had experienced players like Fulton, Gibbs, Ellis and Moors out.

The Schirmach brothers did well however I agree once all players are available including Ben Murdoch then they will be lucky to play NRL.

I agree with everyone's comments that Dwyer is not a prop and should only be used a wide running second rower. Showed good pace to go through the gap. Still needs to get dropped balls out of his game.

Fifita needs to roll his sleeves up and take so more hit ups at our end of the field. His defence has improved.

I like Fulton but sometimes I feel he is too small for a second rower and we have bigger options.

I would like Payten to come off the bench so he can interchange with Gibbs to keep experience on the field at all times.

With everyone available my pack would be

Galloway
Farah
Gibbs
Dwyer
Ellis
Heightington

Fifita
Woods
Payten
Murdoch/Fulton

I still hate the idea of a back on the bench. Fulton, Ellis and Dwyer could all play in the backs if needed.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:28 pm

They were OK and will be better for the experience. I think their inexperience showed a lot of the time though - dropped balls, and the Warriors were making easy metres up the middle most of the night. We really missed Gibbs, Ellis and Fulton in the middle, particularly in defence.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:07 pm

Dwyer played on the left which is his & most players natural side. Lets see how he goes playing on the right side when Ellis returns.
Bull

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Everett My only issue is when we get two injuries in the backs to cover it is almost impossible ie Parra game when TNT got hurt

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm

MacDougall wrote:I've been one of a chorus of folks that have been championing the likes of Schirnack A&B, Aaron Woods et al for a while and I feel justified. The Schirnacks were flawless in defense and Woods looked like a seasoned first grade front rower apart from 1 drop. GOOD STUFF YOUNGUNS!
The guys must of played well last night . the big problem young forwards have is backing up They struggle with week to week intensity as in 20's or NSW cup it is not as noticeable if they don't step Different kettle of fish in NRL They'll be facing 2 SOO forwards against Raiders Not saying they can't do it Sheens will need to make sure they are focussed

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:24 pm

Poor Liam....punted
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 8:48 am

I was impressed with the young guys, great to know we have guys that can come in if need be, Aaron woods looks like he is ready for week in week out NRL, It will be great to have Ellis and Gibbs back next week.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:55 am

Boys seems to ave done well, Lets not forget the Wet ground and a Big but under achieving opponent.

Raiders forwards will be a little more difficult and motivated.
UTT - Up The Tigers

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 11:11 pm

All the young guys played well. Like the look of Woods and Dwyer looked a lot better running wide in the second half. The Brothers are both very good defenders. Fifitia is looking very good and much fitter this year. There is a lot of talent amongst our young forwards and we still have BMM to return from injury.