Some thoughts from tonights game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
tiger05

Re: Some thoughts from tonights game

Post by tiger05 » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:34 am

We need to improve massively however we have the class players to win us games. Benji looks like the best player in the game. Farah needs to get some zip back but he can win us games & Lui looks to be a high quality halfback.

Utai was really good. The whole backline was really good however I'd still like to see Moltzen at 1.

The forwards looked flat and they need to improve however Ellis & Gibbs coming back will help & Fulton can play.

I was disappointed in Heighington the most - his running wasn't good (it wasn't poor) and he gave away penalties.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:40 am

tiger05 wrote:We need to improve massively however we have the class players to win us games. Benji looks like the best player in the game. Farah needs to get some zip back but he can win us games & Lui looks to be a high quality halfback.

Utai was really good. The whole backline was really good however I'd still like to see Moltzen at 1.

The forwards looked flat and they need to improve however Ellis & Gibbs coming back will help & Fulton can play.

I was disappointed in Heighington the most - his running wasn't good (it wasn't poor) and he gave away penalties.
He's looking good in attack, still a way off but our forwards really need to lift, if they dont lay a platform the backs - Benji - will do it tough.....forwards really had it fairly easy last night, small 10...slow game. Doesnt get easier but glad to get the two

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:55 am

TuiTui wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:tough effort ... poor refereeing regarding the 10 metres kept the warriors in it for a long way ....great crowd in the conditions

yep ,Tony Archer seemed like he didn't care about the 10 when we had the ball...refereeing was dismal tonight...had me spittin chips, mind you we were lucky that the refs didn't get that 1 Warriors (non)try decision correct...i give Archer 2/10 tonight and should get a talking to from the Ref bosses.
I,m not a person who normally bags referee's,but I really did think we didn't get a fair crack.The 10 meters was non existance for Warrior's and every time Farrar found a lazy marker we never got a pemalty but we would get penallised.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:43 am

while at times it was like watching the blind society there were promising signs there for the rest if the season. Just need to cut out the dumb errors

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:09 am

I thought the defence was very solid last night. Apart from the Mannering try, the defence showed good application and attitude to defend our line on a number of occassions. For me Galloway was good up front in defence and Ayshford, I thought held his own on the right side. I'm not going to say anything about Inu's try because it was an arsy try, in most instances, this could be excused.

In terms of attack, we clearly looked more promising with ball in hand, but the execution was poor. Dropped ball on their line didn't help the cause, but again, could be forgiven at times considering the conditions. Benji showed glimpses of just what an attacking weapon he is, the way just leisurely picked up that ball and handed it off to Lawrence who did the rest to get the first try was outstanding, alot of players would've dropped it cleanly. And that ball that put Dwyer into the gap to set up our third try was awesome, there's a case to argue that he was difference between the two teams.

Kicking was better than last Monday, a reason being that Farah played a more active role in general kicking and didn't leave those duties to Marshall and Lui. I can't recall a kick that put us under pressure in our territory. Goal kicking should still be a work in progress for Benji, however was looking better than he was on Monday.

Overall, it wasn't outstanding, but a solid performance which showed clear improvement on Monday's performance, which in the early rounds is all that matters.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:20 am

apart from the usual suspects i really thought that the schirnack boys and to a slightly lesser extent woodsy played with real enthusiasm and heart. they all looked as though they are ready for first grade bench spots if we have injuries to key forwards. ala in all i thought it was a good performance against a team i think will be thereabouts at the end of the season
I dislike sowfs immensely

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:14 am

Still losing the ruck battle. Our PTBs are too slow and Warriors made too many yards out of dummy half.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:31 am

The phantom summed it up, the ref never gave us much. there markers werent square a couple of times & we dont get a penalty. was very impressed with ayshford last night his defence was great, & will only improve when gibbs, ellis & fulton come back.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:33 am

Good effort by our guys. But if the Mateo no-try gets ruled a try which it should have, they would have beaten us.

We are slowly working our way into some type of form. Ayshford and Lawrence are better than Gasnier and Cooper.

I think the coaching and interchange was poor again.

The standard of refereeing was shocking.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:41 am

Balmain Bug wrote: I think the coaching and interchange was poor again.
Please explain?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:58 am

Chris wrote:
Please explain?
When blokes are on the field waving to come off because they can't move, you bring them off. The use of Moltzen in an unknown position confused everyone on the field. Game plan was average at best.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:07 pm

jirskyr wrote:Still losing the ruck battle. Our PTBs are too slow and Warriors made too many yards out of dummy half.
This is an issue however Ellis & Gibbs will definitely help out. Fulton might help out as well. I think our pack is one of the better packs in the comp. It may take time however I think they can get us quick play the balls and good go forward.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:35 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
Chris wrote:
Please explain?
When blokes are on the field waving to come off because they can't move, you bring them off. The use of Moltzen in an unknown position confused everyone on the field. Game plan was average at best.
Moltzen was playing right center with Ayshford in the back row.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 1:20 pm

Chris wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:
Chris wrote:
Please explain?
Moltzen was playing right center with Ayshford in the back row.
Bug... must have watched that from a different angle Chris to be fair.....Heighinton sitting on the bench should have tweaked him but it took 1 set of six for the shift..... so i see how Bug would be confused.....

Moltzen 1 planned kick chase was enough for me too ...welcome back Timmy....

Nice summary Larry spot on....bring on te Raiders...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..