what position was Moltz playing tonight???

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
redemption

Re: what position was Moltz playing tonight???

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:33 pm

Aysh did score his try from the second-row position (Heighno stayed at lock positionally - while Aysh went one in - as has been stated by others - to play right 2nd-rower)!!

He did pack into scrums at lock - but did not play that middle role in general play!

He was good there - but he is far more effective with a little bit more room to move!!

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:40 pm

citizen cub wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Moltzen to centre and Ayshford to lock.

Ayshford is wasted at lock. Moltzen to full-back, Mckinnon to the bench.
Spot on re Ayshford and Moltz. Benji alluded to it on the footy show, saying that he thought number 1 was Moltz's best position. I suspect that remains Sheens thinking too (he was playing him there at the start of last season). I doubt we'll see McKinnon on the bench though. If it's a back it will likely be Brown or Daniella.

My crystal ball says we will persist with the current set up for another month or so. McKinnon will do his hamstring again and Moltz will replace him.

As noted, last night Moltz came into the centres and everyone else seemed to move in one.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm afraid I cant see Moltzen, barring injury, being a starter for a long time...Lui has the #7 jumper all sewn up and unless McKinnon hits very poor form the #1 jumper is his....so where does that leave Moltzen?...he's too good to be out of the starting 13...so I'm afraid he will most likely seek a release to join another club....probably Souffs along with Sheens!!!

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:54 pm

alexaki wrote:I'm afraid I cant see Moltzen, barring injury, being a starter for a long time...Lui has the #7 jumper all sewn up and unless McKinnon hits very poor form the #1 jumper is his....so where does that leave Moltzen?...he's too good to be out of the starting 13...so I'm afraid he will most likely seek a release to join another club....probably Souffs along with Sheens!!!
If he wants to seek a release (which I doubt) there is no way the club will agree to it & he cannot force their hand!!!

He is contracted for 2012 & will remain a Tiger at least for that period!!!

Also - when Sheens was quoted regarding the club's long-term priority retention of Rowdy & Aysh - he certainly did not come across as a coach who is planning on being elsewhere in 2012!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 6:54 pm

Mullaney a much better fullback than Moltzen. Centre for him with Aysford going to lock/second row.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:00 pm

magpiecol wrote:Mullaney a much better fullback than Moltzen. Centre for him with Aysford going to lock/second row.
Why weaken both centre & second-row to accommodate Moltzen in an unsuited position???

Totally illogical!

At centre - Ayshford has been close to our best in two consecutive weeks!!!

Moltzen & Utai would be eaten alive defensively by other centre-wing combinations!!!

They weren't last night because the Warriors threw no attack their way while Moltzen was on the field & Blake continued to cover their corridor from one in!!

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:49 am

George Nadaria was warming up with the first grade on saturday night not sure why though, did anyone else see this as well??? How is robbie farahs back??? at least he did a bit more kicking in general play this week which was good.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:59 am

you know who wrote:George Nadaria was warming up with the first grade on saturday night not sure why though, did anyone else see this as well??? How is robbie farahs back??? at least he did a bit more kicking in general play this week which was good.
Robbie has a groin issue.....probably why Ndaria was warming up...just in case
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

redemption

Post by redemption » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:21 am

Geo. wrote:
you know who wrote:George Nadaria was warming up with the first grade on saturday night not sure why though, did anyone else see this as well??? How is robbie farahs back??? at least he did a bit more kicking in general play this week which was good.
Robbie has a groin issue.....probably why Ndaria was warming up...just in case
And Farah was also suffering from food poisoning/gastro on saturday!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm

redemption wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Mullaney a much better fullback than Moltzen. Centre for him with Aysford going to lock/second row.
Why weaken both centre & second-row to accommodate Moltzen in an unsuited position???

Totally illogical!

At centre - Ayshford has been close to our best in two consecutive weeks!!!

Moltzen & Utai would be eaten alive defensively by other centre-wing combinations!!!

They weren't last night because the Warriors threw no attack their way while Moltzen was on the field & Blake continued to cover their corridor from one in!!
Don't ask me, ask Sheens.