Round 2: Willow's Match Report

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Geo.

Re: Round 2: Willow's Match Report

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:30 pm

willow wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. I will try and watch the game again this arvo and amend player ratings if need be.

:roll:

You need too....

Blake Ayshford.....9/10 easily

Nice work otherwise.....reeds like you where there........ ;)
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:52 pm

Geo. wrote:
willow wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. I will try and watch the game again this arvo and amend player ratings if need be.

:roll:

You need too....

Blake Ayshford.....9/10 easily

Nice work otherwise.....reeds like you where there........ ;)
I guess I should explain my ratings, I basically rate the players on the overall game in general. If it's a scrappy game like last night where there was plenty of dropped ball and not a great deal in the way of scintillating attack that we know the players are capable of, then I'm not going to give anyone a 9 or 10, it's only going to be for what what the players have produced in that game. And last night's game didn't reach any great heights.

No doubt Ayshford had a good game, but IMO he has played better, and is capable of better, so no 9 from me.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:54 pm

I thought Lui was terrific. The best on the ground from my view. I thought Heighington was solid, as always, but he stifled the attack more than added to it at times. McKinnon was ok, best I've seen from him for the Tigers. Utai was an angry ant at times, albeit a bloody big ant. Took some resposnibility from the forwards when they were tired. All up, a nice effort.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 6:28 pm

A win can at times blind you from what actually happened in a game. Okay minus three starting forwards, a win was a good effort, but for a large chunk of the game the visitors were on top and if it was not for so many poor attacking options Iam sure they would have got the bacon. Our hit ups are slow and our play the balls are the slowest in the NRL with big Keff getting the gold medal. The back three did more quality hit up than the forwards. Iam sure we are going to get a lot better but really last night they were far from good.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:41 pm

The links to the player and team stats have been updated. Interesting points to note:

McKinnon, Tuqiri and Utai all made over 100 metres in attack in the backs;
Chris Heighington was the only forward to make over 100 metres in attack with 125;
Heighno and Ayshford came up with 4 offloads each;
Utai came up with a whopping 11 tackle breaks, Lui with 7, Farah with 5 and Dwyer with 5;
Heighno topped the tackle count with 37;
The workload shared by the forwards was impressive with Galloway making 81 metres and 33 tackles in 51 minutes, Fifita made 68 metres and 28 tackles in 41 minutes, Woods was even more impressive with 71 metres and 29 tackles in 31 minutes.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:53 pm

Nice report.

Good to win without playing great footy, thought the young forwards really impressed tonight and showed they were true first graders, particuarly Woods, great work rate and the quality was there. Thought the SHirnacks were good, and Dwyer player well as well.

A win without 3 experienced forwards, in the wet (not suited for our style) against a team that many were predicting good things for, have to be happy with that

barra

Post by barra » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome back Willow and thanks for another great report. After spending the weekend in country Vic where NRL doesn't exist your report is the best way to get a feel for what the game was like and is always the first place I look when I miss the game!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:28 am

As always top notch effort - These reports are an WTForum event to be anticipated.

PS keep in mind is being at the game and on watching the game on TV provide different perspectives.

On-site provides a holistic view as you catch stuff that is usually off camera like attacking formations and who is struggling, while TV allows more detail and replays etc.

Thx Willow.
UTT - Up The Tigers

spearby

Post by spearby » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 11:53 am

good report willow but i think your a little rusty if mc kinnon finished in front ayshford and marshall lawrence and lui i will be monkeys uncle also i cant believe how lui is improving gee i hope he keeps his feet on the ground :D

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 2:06 pm

Watching the game now,

Freak this is a frustrating game to watch. I think it would be fun if it wasnt my team involved.
UTT - Up The Tigers

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 3:26 pm

thought Alan was better than Jason,Jason did nothing in attack like u said he did
dont even remember him taking a hit up that he wasnt pushed back in

Alan was pulling of some big hits and ran a lot harder

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 3:33 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/rugbyleague/audio/

ABC Radio interview with Coach Sheens
UTT - Up The Tigers

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi Willow, great to have you back. Reading your report always calms me down.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.