Schirnack boys

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Spartan117

Re: Schirnack boys

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 1:35 pm

redemption wrote:......went excellent tonight!!!

Where were the "cronic" (sic) penalties magpiecol??????????????????

Jason was in everything when on & only missed Mannering after making three consecutive tackles!!!

Al was his typical no-nonsense self!!!!

2 questions Red -

What do you mean my (Sic) ???

Are you somehow connected to the Boys??
UTT - Up The Tigers

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 1:52 pm

(sic) just makes refference to the quote about chronic penalties being quoted verbatim from magpiecol mate.

The grammar Nazi in me would suggest it is also pointing out the spelling error without being blatant about doing so

Trend

Post by Trend » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 1:59 pm

Long time listener first time caller, :p.

But deadset the amount of love for the Shirnack boys performances after last round is a little perplexing. I mean they were solid, but nothing more than solid. Calling for them to be included in a full strength 17 for the club is a bit farfetched considering the talent we have around at the moment.

They were solid in defence, nothing more and nothing less. In attack they were 'MIA' a total of 18m gained each. Thats dismal (in a go forward sense) and not something we need when we have the likes of Fulton returning. Al played 30mins of football and came up with 17 tackles, 3 hit ups for a total of 18m; Jase played 35mins and came up with 25 tackles, 3 hit ups for a total of 18m. If people are going to be jumping up and down at performances like that then we need to be applauding Aaron Woods next time he runs out on to the park after he backed up his performance against the Bulldogs (making 19odd tackles in about 20mins of football and putting his hand up to cart the ball forward 7 times and a lot of it from our own end *cough Fifita cough* :p) to again make 29 tackles in his 33mins on the field and take the ball forward a total of 10 times and make 71m for us against a big pack.

Now dont get me wrong, im not here to bag out the Shirnack's; in fact I think they have a massive future ahead of them. Im just hoping they have something else to offer besides defence, cause we really need some go forward as well.

Sorry if thats a bit odd and long for a first point, just trying to get my point across. :)

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 2:16 pm

Welcome Trend... Mate, we all look at things differently, so your perspective is also welcome...Enjoy!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 2:58 pm

Trend you make perfect sense.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 4:02 pm

Stats hey gotta love em......I like how all our players have to make a bazzillion metres in attack or 52 tackles to be considered outstanding...

Both Schrinacks added mongrel and starch against a big Warriors Pack that was lacking against the Dogs..If Ellis and Gibbs are still out they keep their spots against a similar Raiders outfit this week IMO...

We have depth in the forwards the more FG experience they get the better....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Trend

Post by Trend » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 4:41 pm

Blowing your load of them though? Bit early for that. I didnt notice much more mongrel from them than Woods.

In fact if they are just going to be there for defence, then why not bring in Matty Hyland? He runs rings around them defensively.

Trend

Post by Trend » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 4:43 pm

Also on the Ellis and Gibbs point, I dont think its their defence (altough its a strong point) that we are missing most, its the go forward they provide. The Shirnack's didnt provide that, thats not saying they wont in the future.. Im all for them getting more game time but claiming they are in the best 17 is a tad premature.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 4:53 pm

Trend wrote:In fact if they are just going to be there for defence, then why not bring in Matty Hyland? He runs rings around them defensively.
I am assuming you have yet to watch a BRET game this season.

Hyland is nowhere near as effective as either of the Schirnacks when up against experienced players and not fellow kids.

Hyland will get there though. Experience and the right attitude and he will keep improving

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 4:55 pm

Trend wrote:Blowing your load of them though? Bit early for that. I didnt notice much more mongrel from them than Woods.

In fact if they are just going to be there for defence, then why not bring in Matty Hyland? He runs rings around them defensively.
Lol just because hyland makes 40 tackles a game doesn't mean he is a good defender.

How many of them are one on one or dominant? I'll give you a clue, it's zero.

Trend

Post by Trend » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 4:59 pm

How many of the top tacklers in the NRL are one on one or dominant? Pretty close to 0%.

Im not arguing their skillset im arguing the fact that some people have posted about them like they are god after a solid performance.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 5:28 pm

Trend wrote:Blowing your load of them though? Bit early for that. I didnt notice much more mongrel from them than Woods.

Start a thread on Woods then......

I contribute....Aaron has the potential to be a Premier front rower in the Game...the beard is back ..the WoodsMAN is on the hunt...

Great minutes class workrate and not a backward step......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Trend

Post by Trend » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 5:32 pm

I think im just Woods-happy at the moment. :p

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 11:07 pm

Both brothers played ok and didn't look out of place. I think long term Jason is probably a bit better but I thought Al had the better game. Still think BMM will keep both well out of the starting 17 in the second half of this year (providing we are injury free). Woods is potentially a very good front rower but is still young. The talent and depth our young forwards add to our squad is immense. Still think BMM will end up the best of our young forwards but closely followed by Fifita, Woods and Dwyer. Lets hope we can keep them all.