Foxsports Commentary

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Demps

Re: Foxsports Commentary

Post by Demps » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:24 pm

Some what on topic, I hate the grand stand's commentary too.
Ch9 is the go, for me personally.
Sterlo has the facts and I love the mates banter between Gus/Rabbits/Vossy/Fatty
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:25 pm

MacDougall wrote:
steven_tiger wrote:While I agree having a current player as the sideline commentator is a joke, he did a bloody good job if you ask me.

Much better than most of the other blokes on there, especially Bumbling Brett Kimmorly.
Agreed. Anasta was amazing.
Pause....
The word amazing is often misused, this statement is a clear example.
Haha :bash
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:29 pm

Annasta was even kind enought to take a photo with a young tiger kid on the sideline before the game. I thought he did a good job!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:53 pm

T-D-C wrote:Annasta was even kind enought to take a photo with a young tiger kid on the sideline before the game. I thought he did a good job!
I'm sure he's a nice guy but that doesn't make him a great commentator... I think the main Fox callers are pretty good but the "colour" commentators are a bit hit and miss. The Wiz is normally enterntaining, Tallis is hopeless. Overall I'd say Voss is my preferred commentator, Sterlo the best analyser.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:40 pm

I have no concerns about Anasta's ability to commentate, just think it is a bit rich that the person you may be playing against you next week gets a sneak peek at your game plans etc, twas all.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:42 am

We ran a charity dinner for a little girl with a brain tumor a little while ago. The best athletes we dealt with who gave most of there time were Braith Anasta and Anthony Mundine (Benji was away with the Kiwis).

I have to say, both blokes blew me away with how bloody nice they were with everyone and how professional they were.

Go figure .
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:54 am

I was at the game with my Sports Ear in, thought the call was fine. Any time they bagged us, it was because we deserved it. They continually mentioned our ball control after we scored points, and its true, it was terrible.

No complaints here. Did find it a bit odd that Anasta was working as a commentator seeing as he had a game the next day, don't know what Brian would make of that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 1:11 am

tigergirlz wrote:I have no concerns about Anasta's ability to commentate, just think it is a bit rich that the person you may be playing against you next week gets a sneak peek at your game plans etc, twas all.
The game plan we use for a Warriors game in the wet will be far different than the one we use for Roosters

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 2:57 pm

Not that bad, Better than the Channel 9 experience so far.

not all the needless banter and Anasta is actually pretty Ok I must add.

Woohoo Farah just scored
UTT - Up The Tigers

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:05 pm

Game plan may be the same if its raining.......

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:11 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Game plan may be the same if its raining.......
If theyre concerned, they wont let him in ...sigh :brick:

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:28 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:We ran a charity dinner for a little girl with a brain tumor a little while ago. The best athletes we dealt with who gave most of there time were Braith Anasta and Anthony Mundine (Benji was away with the Kiwis).

I have to say, both blokes blew me away with how bloody nice they were with everyone and how professional they were.

Go figure .
Love to hear things like this.
Good work Braith and Choc.
#Unbeatable

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 9:39 pm

underdog wrote:I don't mind the Foxtel calls of the games.... Lozza Daley is the standout bad one of the group, continuously contradicting himself. I like their panel - Ryan is a decent guy to listen to, and the other boys have all been there done that, so its not like they are talking out their asses.

Worst commentary ever - listen to the ABC radio call of a game in New Zealand, in particularly when the warriors play the tigers over there.... they get the NZ boys to call the game and they are horrendously one eyed.
I am certainly not in the majority, but I think he is a much better host than Warren Smith. Ryan starts the conversation off, then lets the ex-players (experts) talk about the issue, and moves the show along. Woz yells and screams when anyone disagrees with him and ALWAYS has to get in the last word.