Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
willow

NRL GAME 250 AWAITS TODD PAYTEN

Post by willow » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:21 pm

NRL GAME 250 AWAITS TODD PAYTEN
By Wayne Cousins
20/03/2011 2:42:39 PM

Wests Tigers Prop Todd Payten will reach the special milestone of 250 NRL games when he steps on to Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Saturday, March 26.

One of the most respected props in the NRL, Payten has given tremendous service to the Wests Tigers since joining the Club for his first season back in 2004.

On that occasion, Payten made his Club debut against Brisbane Broncos at Campbelltown in round 3.

Payten will play his 250th game against Canberra Raiders – the club that gave the Temora Dragons junior his first opportunity. Payten made his NRL debut against Wests Magpies ironically at Campbelltown Stadium in 1996 (Rd 18).

An ultimate professional, Payten has played 141 matches for Wests Tigers and has been the rock of the Wests Tigers pack for many years with his strong defence and his ability to offload in traffic. He is an invaluable member of the Wests Tigers pack.

Wests Tigers congratulates Todd on the milestone and wishes him all the very best for the match. Kick-off is 7.30pm.

Match Day
2.45pm: Gates Open
3pm: NSW Cup Rd 3: Wests Magpies v North Sydney Bears
5.15pm: NYC Rd 3: Wests Tigers v Canberra Raiders
7.30pm: NRL Rd 3: Wests Tigers v Canberra Raiders.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:29 pm

Congrats Todd....been much maligned by many who dont understand what type of forward he is.
Well done!

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:Congrats Todd....been much maligned by many who dont understand what type of forward he is.
Well done!

Yep, gee we missed him in the preliminary final last year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:50 pm

Tigermac wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Congrats Todd....been much maligned by many who dont understand what type of forward he is.
Well done!

Yep, gee we missed him in the preliminary final last year.
Totally agree win it with him in side

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:10 pm

Congrats to Toddy, hopefully a big crowd will turn up at Campbelltown on Saturday.

He is "the rock of the Wests Tigers pack." I'm never confident when Todd doesn't play, and I don't quite get how some people don't rate him, but I suppose it's just a matter of opinion.

Todd will be up for a big game on Saturday against his old club, hopefully leading the way to victory!! :sign:

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:05 am

Congrats Payto.
Retirement is just around the corner ;)
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:42 am

Disagree Demps, Payto has got a few more games in him Im Hoping.

Nothing beats a bit of experience.

Congrats on 250.
UTT - Up The Tigers

SCOB

Post by SCOB » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 5:48 pm

Gee debut in 1996.
How old is he?
SCOB by name
SCOB by nature

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 9:12 am

I think he was 18 when he debuted from memory, very young for a prop!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 1:04 pm

Mrs T wrote:Congrats to Toddy, hopefully a big crowd will turn up at Campbelltown on Saturday.

He is "the rock of the Wests Tigers pack." I'm never confident when Todd doesn't play, and I don't quite get how some people don't rate him, but I suppose it's just a matter of opinion.

Todd will be up for a big game on Saturday against his old club, hopefully leading the way to victory!! :sign:
Very well said...his tightening up of the Ruck went a long way in winning us the game last weekend...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 1:25 pm

Congrates to the big man, a great milestone.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 1:29 pm

helmesy wrote:I think he was 18 when he debuted from memory, very young for a prop!
Still at Erindale College I think

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 2:04 pm

Congratulations on the milestone, Todd. Hope you have a game worth remembering! :sign:
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 2:09 pm

Congratulations Todd Hope you have a big game and the boys get a win for you Agree with Demps can't see him going past 2012 . See a future in coaching though for Todd He has a good football brain

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 4:38 pm

What a legend! Good on you Toddy! I always feel more confident when he comes on the field - he is tough and cool under pressure, and he is a bit like Skando in that he's invaluable in bringing up our next round of young forwards. He also scored our final try in the 2005 GF, who could forget! ("The big hombres...") And as long as he keeps playing the way he does, I wouldn't mention the 'r' word. Champion.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 8:58 pm

Good interview with him on NRL on FOX....he's a gentleman and very thoughtful and astute, no cliches with Todd....he listens and replies thoughtfully and concisely and its always enlightening listening to him speak.
He reminds me of Sheens often...he makes sense and makes things that werent obvious, obvious.
.To learn he has a deal for a couple of years coaching at the club in some capacity once he retires is terrific news, someone with his knowledge and experience, someone that can convey that to up and coming players is very good news for us imo.

BTW next Chooseday night footy sees WTs V raiders in the snow

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes you are right Ink, Todd spoke well tonight on FOX and is very keen on a coaching career. A couple of interesting coincidences were also mentioned- Todd debuted for Canberra against Wests at Campbelltown, now he is playing for Wests Tigers against canberra in his 250th game. Tim Sheens was his coach in his debut game playing for Canberra against wests and now Sheens is his coach as he prepares to play against canberra. Loz was one of Todd's teammates in his debut game now Loz will be calling Todd's 250th game. Andrew Leeds also played in that game for wests.

Good luck to Todd in his 250th game hope it signifies his fine career in a victory, however regardless of the result, we have all been better off for having Todd as an important part of the Wests Tigers. And there's more to come- go Payto.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 10:08 pm

cunno wrote:Yes you are right Ink, Todd spoke well tonight on FOX and is very keen on a coaching career. A couple of interesting coincidences were also mentioned- Todd debuted for Canberra against Wests at Campbelltown, now he is playing for Wests Tigers against canberra in his 250th game. Tim Sheens was his coach in his debut game playing for Canberra against wests and now Sheens is his coach as he prepares to play against canberra. Loz was one of Todd's teammates in his debut game now Loz will be calling Todd's 250th game. Andrew Leeds also played in that game for wests.

Good luck to Todd in his 250th game hope it signifies his fine career in a victory, however regardless of the result, we have all been better off for having Todd as an important part of the Wests Tigers. And there's more to come- go Payto.
Is it possible for Todd to reach 300 games My calculations are yes Could someone confirm please