ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
steven_tiger

Forwards

Post by steven_tiger » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 9:38 pm

Great tonight.

Woods, Galloway, Heighinton, Fifita all made over 100m.

Only Tilse did for them.

Line speed was great (except for the last minute of the first half and the last 8 mins or so of the 2nd).

Very aggressive too.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 9:42 pm

Fifita/Woods and Utai make a difference as they are 3 guys who can really bust the line. And if someone busts the line it makes easier for the next hitup to obviously.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 9:45 pm

I too was very impressed with the forwards, particularly the ones you listed steven.

Utai was bloody awesome too.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 9:51 pm

They couldn't hold the ball and we scored tries. So the 4 main ball-carrriers were all going to chalk up 100 plus meters. Heighington did his hard while Fifita did it in style.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 9:57 pm

Woods did his 120 really hard.
Fantastic effort from thge young kid.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeh our pigs werre impressive against teh bigger, higher & possibly over rated raiders forwards

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:36 pm

They were really good tonight . I think they would have used the press reports all week saying that we were undermanned in forwards as fighting words and they showed Raiders up . Gee Orford looks like he will be a terrible signing . i thought Williiams was great for them in round 1

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:15 am

Definitely happy with the forwards tonight, they all stood up and played hard. Its awesome to think that Gibbs, Ellis and Fulton are still to come into this pack.

fainty

Post by fainty » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:33 am

They put it up to such a dominant, and representative forward pack!!! Great stuff!!!

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 9:00 am

yeah,great all round.
the rest of the comp are really going to worry if we ever get to play a full strength pack.
great mix of youth and experience.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 9:49 am

how do we fit them all in!!!!!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 2:51 pm

TLL & Shillo didn't want to run up the guts after the first 5. They were only found on the edges after that for the most part

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 4:16 pm

We were great, but is it just me or are the Raiders forwards under performing so far this year.
I mean the way Shillington plays in a maroon jersey compared to what I've seen from him so far this season is miles apart.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 4:23 pm

TIGER wrote:We were great, but is it just me or are the Raiders forwards under performing so far this year.
I mean the way Shillington plays in a maroon jersey compared to what I've seen from him so far this season is miles apart.
Think he carried knee injury into game But no excuses we were by far better side

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:07 pm

The stats support what the fans saw last night. The Raiders pack has been hailed as the best, or close to the best, in the competition. Last night our forwards aced the Canberra pack and we were without Gibbs, Ellis and Fulton!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:27 pm

TIGER wrote:We were great, but is it just me or are the Raiders forwards under performing so far this year.
In his defense mate everyone plays better in a maroons jersey ;)

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:56 pm

Fifita was a stand out for mine, he's an absolute handful for any team, good to see Sheens show faith in him by starting him in the front row. I think he has showed a good level of fitness to start the season and this has shown in his performances thus far.

Just one aspect he needs to work on is his slowness around the ruck, he's been pinged for slowing down the play the ball in the past and has been awfully close to doing so this year.

I wonder where Willow (a HUGE critic of Fifita's last year) is now?
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:54 pm

citizen cub wrote:Fifita was a stand out for mine, he's an absolute handful for any team, good to see Sheens show faith in him by starting him in the front row. I think he has showed a good level of fitness to start the season and this has shown in his performances thus far.

Just one aspect he needs to work on is his slowness around the ruck, he's been pinged for slowing down the play the ball in the past and has been awfully close to doing so this year.

I wonder where Willow (a HUGE critic of Fifita's last year) is now?
Poor trolling. You questioned why Fifita didn't get much gametime last year which was due to his fitness as I pointed out and you tried to argue this while putting the boot into Galloway who was one of the Tigers stronger players last season.

I was never a huge critic of Fifita as you make out and merely stated he wasn't getting much gametime due to letting his weight blow out from poor diet as the season went on, plus he had obvious defensive issues due to his mobility and ability to read the game letting him down on occasion. Sheens went public on dropping Fifita due to his poor skinfolds and Fifita himself admitted this earlier this season and getting minimal gametime in the finals last year was the catalyst for him having a strong pre-season. Oh, I gave him an 8/10 for his effort against the Raiders too.

Back to the forwards, they are all playing well including both Galloway and Fifita. The one player in the pack i would like to see step up more is Dwyer who has the right build and potential to be a damaging second rower, but looks to be playing 'too nice' out there at the moment.