ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
Peaches

We didn't go on with it.

Post by Peaches » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:09 pm

As per topic name.

Injuries were a contributing factor but so were some silly errors and Ferguson skill.

Its not that much of an issue at the moment, but its something you don't want to happen all too often. It effects your F&A at the end of the year which has hurt us in past seasons.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:10 pm

Yeah. The old 20 minute nap after half time was replaced with the last 20 minute nap by the Tigers. Should have put 40 points on the Raiders. They were awful.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:16 pm

Lawrence injury would of affected them Got to remember we finished the game with 15 players and had game won

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm

We were really dominating possession all game. They should have been ripe for the last 20. We clocked off a little there. Dropped balls were the issue. Not a lack of cohesion from outside backs.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:36 pm

We rarely do go on with it. That's why our for and against is always crap, even when we're near the top of the table! Tonight's injuries aside, the lack of killer instinct in our team is really irritating.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:44 pm

well iam on here this time to back tigers up are you serious they had a forward in the centres missing there winger had moltzen and asyford playing out of position the tigers were great tonight they were also missing fulton gibbs ellis canberra at full strength which game were you watching the scoreline flattered them. :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:46 pm

bigdamo wrote:well iam on here this time to back tigers up are you serious they had a forward in the centres missing there winger had moltzen and asyford playing out of position the tigers were great tonight they were also missing fulton gibbs ellis canberra at full strength which game were you watching the scoreline flattered them. :sign:
that is very big of you.....no soft forwards tonight
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:48 pm

Hmm Timmy Moltzen put your shoulder into your tackles. He and McKinnon made Ferguson look like Inglis.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:50 pm

The Raiders were playing like CR... We had a chance to get a for and against benefit. Two injured players (although a worry) shouldn't have had that effect.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:52 pm

I agree with bigdamo we had players playing out of position which really hurt us for the last 15min. a forward in the centeres a fullback on the wing & only a two man bench.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:53 pm

i still cant believe with half our forward pack out we were still faves

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:15 pm

My glass is more than half full.
That was a good win against a good side.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:24 pm

tigerbenji wrote:I agree with bigdamo we had players playing out of position which really hurt us for the last 15min. a forward in the centeres a fullback on the wing & only a two man bench.
Yes ok, granted, but what are your reasons/excuses for all the other zillions of times we have failed to put teams to the sword when we've clearly dominated them for three quarters of the match? Tigergirlz is right, Canberra were playing like crap - that we allowed them to score 3 tries in the last 10 minutes is inexcusable and is becoming all too common with this team.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:01 am

It looked to me after 18-6 we thought the game was over and we started cruising somewhat, we seemed to have that mentality that we could just score whenever we wanted to and if we think that then the good teams that hold the pill unlike the Warriors and Canberra will roll u.s
Canberra had no right to get anywhere near us tonight and yet look at the final score. We definitely looked "on" in attack but we take our foot off the pedal like we always have and let teams back in the contest.
I think the win looked better than it was especially with the amount of possession we had in the first half we should of been up by 20. But a win is a win i suppose and we'll take it but i bet Sheens won't be all that impressed.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:06 am

The only bloke that really troubled us tonight was Blake Ferguson. We really didnt have any answers for him.

I agree with you that we dont have a killer instinct but I'm not going to use tonight as an example.

Injuries, start of the year, trying to get Moltzen as much game time as possible by shifting players out of position to accomodate.

The Raiders are a good side and we dispatched them comfortably without half of our pack when they were at full strength.

I'll take this win and sleep well tonight.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:10 am

The Tigers left edge defence failed them as soon as Tuqiri left the field unfortunately. Ferguson came up with that great solo try when he brushed Lawrence and Ayshford, and then he proved Inglis-like in fending off Moltzen and McKinnon and was easily the Raiders best player. The team were obviously disappointed with the soft tries to Canberra late in the game but they had no bench left and forwards playing in the backs as already mentioned. Hopefully they will keep it tighter next week.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:34 am

TIGER wrote:It looked to me after 18-6 we thought the game was over and we started cruising somewhat, we seemed to have that mentality that we could just score whenever we wanted to and if we think that then the good teams that hold the pill unlike the Warriors and Canberra will roll u.s
Canberra had no right to get anywhere near us tonight and yet look at the final score. We definitely looked "on" in attack but we take our foot off the pedal like we always have and let teams back in the contest.
I think the win looked better than it was especially with the amount of possession we had in the first half we should of been up by 20. But a win is a win i suppose and we'll take it but i bet Sheens won't be all that impressed.
bingo

as soon as we kicked 3 tries clear in the second half we went away from everything that we had been doing fantastic to get us the lead and it went to crap. it was only that canberra were terrible that kept it from becoming a real contest in the second half.

its a real shame because i thought the first 50mins or so was brilliant, we completely dominated them. however we really still lack the polish to make us a genuine top 2 or so team. you would never see a dragons or storm lose their way like that. when the foot is on the throat they plant it down with extra pressure added. we just invite the other team back in.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 1:44 am

Agree with Stryker, we do fail to finish teams off alot of the time, but we belted the Raiders with half our pack out. We played very well tonight, everyone aimed up.