We didn't go on with it.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
tigergirlz

Re: We didn't go on with it.

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 9:59 am

True Hybrid...it was the toughness of our young (and inexperienced) forwards that gave us the opporunity to look so good. Against a team that contains big units. Maybe fatigue was a factor for these guys, but our organisation with Lawrence and Tuqiri off the field wasn't the best.......come season end we may need for and against benefit and the team has to take its chances where it can.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:10 am

we just seem to get away from what is working.
force too many passes and go a little overboard.

i just wanted the game to be over,more concerned with injury than for and against.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:29 am

well, we were going on with it until the injuries started coming in, it was 34-14 when Lawrence got injured, the guys lost their composure a bit. I think they all just wanted the game to be over as well.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:57 am

All their tries were scored on the injured players side. Coincidence? Nope.

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 3:24 pm

It was all good until Lawrence went down. The sight of Chris on the ground reeling with the pain of his injury was horrible and the team would have been shocked and upset to see him leaving the field on a stretcher. The crowd certainly went quiet, and by full time it didn't really feel like we had won. I won't be blaming the boys for not going on with it, this time!

Leaving the ground, seeing the ambulance arriving, lights flashing, was just sad! :cry:

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 3:59 pm

Black Orange White wrote:All their tries were scored on the injured players side. Coincidence? Nope.
Fair enough you expect some line breaks and issues with defensive patterns but some of the efforts in making tackles were not NRL standard. Ayshford, Moltzen, and McKinnon made poor and/or lazy efforts on Blake Ferguson. Likewise the dropped balls by KG and Lui were the result of guys who had clocked off mentally.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 4:08 pm

Tigerdave wrote:well, we were going on with it until the injuries started coming in, it was 34-14 when Lawrence got injured, the guys lost their composure a bit. I think they all just wanted the game to be over as well.
I don't agree, if you watch the game again you will see our attitude change much earlier than that just little things that creep into our game that let the pressure off the opposition and give them a sniff.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:05 pm

TIGER wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:well, we were going on with it until the injuries started coming in, it was 34-14 when Lawrence got injured, the guys lost their composure a bit. I think they all just wanted the game to be over as well.
I don't agree, if you watch the game again you will see our attitude change much earlier than that just little things that creep into our game that let the pressure off the opposition and give them a sniff.
Agreed Tiger, and I'm willing to bet that it would've happened whether Chris was injured or not. It's a long standing mental problem that needs to be addressed.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:24 pm

Well it sort of did flippedy...that Ferguson length of the field effort came from some u/9's defense from Lawry and Ayshford - two of the top defensive centres in the game.

Having said that I'm still more than happy with what I saw out there.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:26 pm

Mrs T wrote:It was all good until Lawrence went down. The sight of Chris on the ground reeling with the pain of his injury was horrible and the team would have been shocked and upset to see him leaving the field on a stretcher. The crowd certainly went quiet, and by full time it didn't really feel like we had won. I won't be blaming the boys for not going on with it, this time!

Leaving the ground, seeing the ambulance arriving, lights flashing, was just sad! :cry:
Spot on!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 9:36 pm

Massive reshuffle on our left side, the fact we had it in the bag....the stoppages contribute to mentally switching off....different story imo if the scores were closer.
Not really too concerned given all the above and the fact its round 3

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 12:24 am

Flippedy wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Agreed Tiger, and I'm willing to bet that it would've happened whether Chris was injured or not. It's a long standing mental problem that needs to be addressed.
You blokes are never happy, we just lapped one of the most fancied teams in the comp, and they run in a couple late inconsequential tries that were never going to mean anything, after we had just lost 2 blokes, one 2 a horrific injury..... they are human and entitled to mentally ease up given the circumstances, let alone the other factors that would be adversely affected by the situation

You blokes would complain about having to take Jennifer Hawkins to dinner

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 12:37 am

I agree Goose we were tracking okay and on the way to putting 40-50 points on the Raiders until Lawrence was injured. Some of you guys need to harden up. I thought it was the best Ive seen them play not to where they need to be but much improved over the last month or so.

They will only get better, the young guys are aiming up a job well done. Keep up the effort boys you do us all proud

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 9:06 am

People are more than happy about winning but no matter what the result you have to analyse what went well and what didn't. You may recall that last year 2nd-4th was decided on for and against so this ongoing issue with clocking off at the end of the games is a bit of a concern.

Fair enough with the Dugan try which was part brilliant play and part problems caused by the injuries but the effort of say Wade McKinnon at the end on Ferguson was pretty ordinary for an NRL fullback.

If you ignore the problems just because you win, eventually they will cause you to lose...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 10:11 am

Mackinnon was mid air when he got bumped Yoss Nothing you can do about that Also people bagging MacKinnon for speed off the mark True its not great . But when chasing down Ferguson on the 90 metre try MacKinnon was making ground on Lawrence and Ferguson in the end

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 10:17 am

happy tiger wrote:Mackinnon was mid air when he got bumped Yoss Nothing you can do about that Also people bagging MacKinnon for speed off the mark True its not great . But when chasing down Ferguson on the 90 metre try MacKinnon was making ground on Lawrence and Ferguson in the end
He's a fullback and he had a good shot on Ferguson. If he was midair then it was poor technique. No way Ferguson should have been able to score that try. He wasn't the only one - Lawrence, Ayshford, and Tim Moltzen made arguably worse efforts.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:45 am

happy tiger wrote:Mackinnon was mid air when he got bumped Yoss Nothing you can do about that Also people bagging MacKinnon for speed off the mark True its not great . But when chasing down Ferguson on the 90 metre try MacKinnon was making ground on Lawrence and Ferguson in the end
Fabulous, all he needs is 90 metres to hit speed.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't want to turn this into a Sheens bash-a-thon but his stupidity in putting McKinnon on the wing and doggedly giving Moltzen time at fullback cost us the last two trys. McKinnon is only a fullback and when he was moved to the wing his positioning and defence were sub par