Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
willow

Stage is set for a classic battle, but let's keep it short

Post by willow » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:31 am

Stage is set for a classic battle, but let's keep it short
Mark Riddell
April 3, 2011

How lucky am I to be playing against two NSW Origin hooker contenders in consecutive weeks? And while Mick Ennis and Robbie Farah were probably thinking the same thing when they saw ''M. Riddell'' on the opposing teamsheet, it's exciting to test yourself against the best at this stage of my career.

Mick and Robbie are as good as they are different. Mick has got that niggle and likes to rough it up a bit. A man after my own heart. Robbie is very skilful, crafty and a real good creator of opportunities for his side. They have very different strengths and it will be interesting to see who NSW coach Ricky Stuart gives the nod to. Having said that, the Dragons' Dean Young will probably be in the mix as well. He is yet to play this year but Youngy is one of those tough, no-nonsense types. I like the way he goes about his work. In the end, it could come down to who is fit come Origin time. Youngy is still on the sidelines, there's talk that Robbie will go under the knife and another good No.9, Isaac De Gois, is also in the casualty ward.

Personally, I'd like to see Dean in the NSW team somewhere. If you pick him on the bench, he can cover the back row and hooker. That would leave me leaning ever so slightly towards Robbie due to his creative ability. He's the sort of guy who would work well with Mitchell Pearce and Todd Carney, which would give you plenty of spark around the 6, 7 and 9 positions.
Advertisement: Story continues below

After playing against Mick last week, I come up against Robbie today. And if it's anything like last year's game between the Roosters and the Tigers at the SFS, then it should be a cracker. Both sides love to throw the ball around, so hopefully a big crowd will be there to watch an exciting game. It's a bonus for us that so many Tigers players are injured, but we're expecting the ones who turn up to give us another classic battle. I hope for my sake this one doesn't go for 100 minutes!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:07 am

What's bench boy whinging about . Riddell puts himself in the same sentence as Robbie Farah . What a joke .