Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
Tigerdave

Re: *Live Game Thread*

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 5:56 pm

Golden wrote:
stryker wrote:
Golden wrote:
stryker wrote:Exactly right jas.....so what the blody hell are you winging about?

I've just read through here and the way you and Golden have carried on is an absolute disgrace.

Either support your side or shut up!
so I guess I hve to say we will beat souths by 50 friday night to be a supporter. ok

Tigers wil beat souths by 50 Friday night

yayyyy now I am a fan!

No they wont mate but we have been forced to turn out a side that is very inexperienced and includes some whose debut for 2011 was today.

I mean the result was hardly a surprise and its going to be this way for a few months yet. Bagging the side when we underperform at full strength is warranted, but not when its full of blokes who normally wouldn't be out there.
There was plenty of first grade epxierence out there today, Brown Daniella, the only guy with no expierence was Miller who only played 18 mins, there is NO exuse at all for the way they played.
There was plenty of first grade experience out there, but the side that ran out has slowly been whittled down over the last few weeks losing any sort of cohesion.

The kicking game however was complete garbage.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 5:58 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:the Roosters defence is very good
No it wasn't, our attack was one out garbage.

Heaven forbid one of our forwards hits the line at speed instead of walking.
I disagree, they were all over us and the try saver in the opening minutes set the tone of the game.

Most of the attack was garbage due to the kicking game, which did nothing except hand the ball back to them
At one point we had four or five sets on their line and all we did was pass it to forwards standing still. Not ONE SINGLE player hit the line with any speed or aggression. That is easy to defend.
That was at one point, overall I thought the Roosters defence was good.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:08 pm

some have the experience,

Woods, Fifita, Dwyer and Shirnack are still coming along,

Brown, Moltzen, Daniella and Gibbs are underdone,

Millers first game.

you cant expect miracles against a top side like the roosters.

Crazy Tiger

Post by Crazy Tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:45 pm

problem i notice on a regular basis is a lack of respect for the football!!!!!! if you are playing 1st grade you obviously know that you should always get to the footy and when you have it, not just throw it away, which seems to be part of our game......

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:29 pm

not too sure how often they did that Crazy, and welcome aboard by the way :). I do recall Benji kicking the ball on the 3rd tackle though not long after we scored. It was a low percentage play that didn't come off and the Roosters got the upperhand again after it.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 12:20 am

stryker wrote:some have the experience,

Woods, Fifita, Dwyer and Shirnack are still coming along,

Brown, Moltzen, Daniella and Gibbs are underdone,

Millers first game.

you cant expect miracles against a top side like the roosters.
Exactly, the Roosters were in the GRAND FINAL last year. And they had 13/17 from that game who played on the field today. We almost have 13 out, and players obviously not 100% (ie Farah).

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 12:49 am

It was a disappointing result but I have to say how proud I am of all the guys out there.