Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
mikey

Re: Moltzen

Post by mikey » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:44 pm

I thought Moltz went Ok - some good some not so good. Anyone who thought he needed to be MOM today to hold his positiion is kidding themselves. Miller will have his time in the near future.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:45 pm

I thought his defence was good, not great but good, he was a defensive machine - involved nearly every time.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:47 pm

He still needs time, was about a 5 at best today.

Defense was ordinary, attack starting to get there.

I'd keep him at half though....he isnt defending well enough to play centre.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:48 pm

Tigerdave wrote:yeah I thought he went fine in attack, but the defence......

Not too sure if I'd want to give Miller a go against Souths or let Moltzen find his feet a bit more.
Who ever is the no 7 will have theyre work cut out with Taylor and Burgess running at them

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:49 pm

Im somewhere in the middle here with leaning a little towards Geo. Moltz was ok, he showed some decent signs and i think it was his best game of the year. He will move forward from here. There were some nice touches from him and thats more than i can expect fromt the crap preperation Sheens gave him.

Moltz will be our fullback by mid season and he will be doing a fine job
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

angry ant

Post by angry ant » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:49 pm

I was very dissapointed in Moltzen today. Some of his support play was great. But he sure was absent when it came to playing like a halfback.

Hate to say it but I think Daniella will be suspended too, there was 2 times he put his arms between the legs of the roosters players and attempted dangerous tackles.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:51 pm

Granto87 wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:yeah I thought he went fine in attack, but the defence......

Not too sure if I'd want to give Miller a go against Souths or let Moltzen find his feet a bit more.
Who ever is the no 7 will have theyre work cut out with Taylor and Burgess running at them
This is true, not really looking forward to Friday night.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:55 pm

Let's get fair dinkum here. Moltzen should have scored in the first minute. Just got rolled over. But his defence in the first half was ordinary to say the least.

When he played wider in the second half, he was often dangerous in attack. Young Miller looked ok for the short time he was on. His defence looked ok, he has a beautiful passing game and can kick a bit (10 out of 10 so far). So he should start next week, Moltzen to the centers, Daniela to the wing.

Some of the punters on another subject on this forum called for the sacking of Utai and McKinnon. These two players were absolutley great. I am not a great fan of McKinnon but he had a great game today.

I would be looking to replace Shirnack and Dwyer. Dwyer in particular was way out of his depth. No defence and cannot hold unto a ball at speed. Ellis back next week thank God.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:57 pm

king sirro wrote:Moltz will be our fullback by mid season and he will be doing a fine job
God help us if that happens.

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 6:57 pm

Not his best game, but he was running hard in support (look at the first break) and in the last 20 he was getting through holes with no support.

Was it the level that we needed? No, far from it. But he certainly wasn't the worst out there.
Focus your criticism on the players that actually played poorly
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Post by 851 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:01 pm

Sheens talked up Miller,and he should have started,Moltzen"s defence is woefull,he needs to go back to reggies(with Daniela) and get some match practice.
Go hard or go home

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:02 pm

Moltzen had a half chance to score at the beginning, and nearly created a try at the end, but it's more his presence, or lack of it, that concerns me. Lui was our main attacking weapon the first three weeks, he has great hands, a good kicking game and is physically imposing. Moltzen looks hesitant and never seemed to be controlling the game. With McKinnon, Lui and the centres fit I can't really see a place for him in our starting side, but hopefully he will be useful off the bench and will probably play better each week.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:03 pm

Never said he was the worst out there Kul. Don't put words into my mouth.

People wanted him at half instead of Lui, or at fullback instead of McKinnon. That is laughable, that's my point. The guy is not even match fit yet and some people want him starting in a key position.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:12 pm

Have we all had our say on Moltzen at half he is not a half back PLEASE ..Moltzen is an arm grabber at best always has been. There is a place in this team for him but NOT AT 1/2 tired of reading about it.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:16 pm

hey, can the forwards get a foot hold before we crucify moltz. FD, lay the platform and see what he does. what did miller do? what was the tactics in bringing him on at that stage and moving the guy who was trying to play 7 for 65 minutes out ot the centres? and conversley why was he picked at all.......he's a halfback, no? why switch if you knew he wasn't up to it.

i don't care what any of you lot say, moltzen should be our half, i have total faith in him and i pray he's picked there next week to help us despite our injuries to show some fight (which they showed today imo) and show just how good he/we are

C'MON BOYS
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:19 pm

Do people that post here really know what a 1/2 is supposed to do Moltzen doesn,t kick the ball for starters!!!

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:20 pm

Snake wrote:Have we all had our say on Moltzen at half he is not a half back PLEASE ..Moltzen is an arm grabber at best always has been. There is a place in this team for him but NOT AT 1/2 tired of reading about it.
i saw a massive jersey grab today by the 9

ill accept he is not the best in defence but he suits us at 7, game over. keep reading son... we got schooled today by their forwards. not saying we dogged it but we did the best with the go forward we had
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:22 pm

sorry joey johns enlighten us on the duties of a halfback