Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
alexaki

Re: Moltzen

Post by alexaki » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:28 pm

Sheens on ABC sports said Moltzen "was very rusty" playing half today...and that he didn't play a typical halfbacks role.....I say give him some time in Reggis to build up his confidence and fitness.

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:30 pm

The record still stands. Moltzen played halfback, but did not wear the 7 jersey. It is when he wears No.7 that we are undefeated. It's pretty simple for Sheens, pick Moltzen in the 7 and we win, (tounge in cheek) obviously guys. Seriously though I think on Friday night he needs to play 1/2. Today was not the stage for an 18 year old to make his debut and either is Friday night. Surely the Wabbits can not pull off three in a row Friday night games. Fire up Tigers, I'll be out there on Friday night celebrating our outstanding victory.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:32 pm

Cysquatch, if you think Moltzen should be our halfback ahead of Lui you are on drugs.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:35 pm

Way too harsh on Moltz in my opinion. People treat him like a seasoned first grader and rep player. He's a kid who has yet to establish himself in a first grade position. He's coming back from the worst injury a footballer can have.

Tim Moltzen is a victim of 3 things...........1. Benji Marshall.......2. Tim Sheens............3.Injury.

1.B Marshall cos he takes Tims best spot, 5/8

2.T. Sheens cos he has brought him back the wrong way

3.Injury....obvious reasons.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:36 pm

I think 12 months ago almost everyone on here (and me too) rated Moltzen as our best number 7 and were calling for Lui's head. However, Lui's come a long way the last 12 months, and deserves to stay there while he plays well. Yes Moltz has been unlucky with his injury, and yes he could be a game breaker for us once he regains confidence and gets some game time under his belt, but he's still got a way to go, and his best position remains unclear (to us anyway).

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:38 pm

alexaki wrote:Sheens on ABC sports said Moltzen "was very rusty" playing half today...and that he didn't play a typical halfbacks role.....I say give him some time in Reggis to build up his confidence and fitness.

Can anyone tell me a game where has has played a typical halfbacks role????????????? No, because he isnt a hlafback. He's a 5/8 who can play fullback and fill in at 7 in a crunch. Great kid, and very talented, but he is not our Halfback
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:39 pm

Moltzen wasn't at his best today, but still looked threatening at times. I think it was a mistake to not give young Miller a go starting at half-back. But I can understand Sheens' thinking because before today, he knew that with Moltzen at half-back the Tigers had NOT lost a match. And there's a reason for that as well, the guy is immensely talented.

I'm just not sure though that this would do Miller's confidence very good. There had been all this hype last week that he would start and I'm sure he was getting prepared to start, until a late announcement came out that he would play off the bench. And then when he was finally injected into the game, it was in the midst of the rabble that had been out there for 70 minutes. Not a good way to start a young player's first grade career. It was reminiscent of the way Blake Lazarus was treated last year, when we lost to the Bulldogs (hardly his fault) and then he plays all of 15 minutes the next week against Penrith at FULLBACK and then finds out that he is dropped for the next match.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:41 pm

Exactly blame the coach..... the coach was the one that selected him at 7 come on coach get some MOJO ... MIller should have started . The only 1/2 we have is Miller remember Lui is also a 5/8 lets not forget that.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:45 pm

king sirro wrote:Way too harsh on Moltz in my opinion. People treat him like a seasoned first grader and rep player. He's a kid who has yet to establish himself in a first grade position. He's coming back from the worst injury a footballer can have.
If anything he is way too hyped. A season out injured yet people still want him starting in a key position like halfback when we have Lui, or fullback where we have McKinnon (who was our best player by a mile today and someone who has copped unwarranted criticism IMO).

Moltzen is a good player, but he is not a superstar. He should have played in the NSW cup to get some match fitness before playing FG.

Enfield Feds

Post by Enfield Feds » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:12 pm

Cysquatch wrote:hey, can the forwards get a foot hold before we crucify moltz. FD, lay the platform and see what he does. what did miller do? what was the tactics in bringing him on at that stage and moving the guy who was trying to play 7 for 65 minutes out ot the centres? and conversley why was he picked at all.......he's a halfback, no? why switch if you knew he wasn't up to it.

i don't care what any of you lot say, moltzen should be our half, i have total faith in him and i pray he's picked there next week to help us despite our injuries to show some fight (which they showed today imo) and show just how good he/we are

C'MON BOYS

1st bloke to speak sense.

Our forwards played like women. They looked like boys against men out there. The Roosters were aggressive, they were in our face, and they didnt let up.

You wouldnt be scared playing in the forwards against our mob would you.....P*ss weak!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:35 pm

He seems slow and brittle to me.....
I DOUBT sHEENS IF HE HAD THE CHOICE WOULDVE HAD HIM STARTING SO SOON
Oh well
Last edited by innsaneink on Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:He seems slow and brittle to me.....

does he not have the choice? I would assume the coach always has the choice of who he starts
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:He seems slow and brittle to me.....
Oh well
If Moltzen seems slow, what does McKinnon seem like? Good trier, has good positional play and reliable at the back, but geez it takes a lot away from your attack to have a fullback so slow and with very limited ball skills.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:41 pm

Settle petal

Yeah of course he can put Farah in 7 or marshall or miller....injuries have forced his hand
I doubt not many were surprised he started at half.....you should know how sheens operated by now

Yes vish Mack is slow too....whats your point, go start another thread....you guys are nuts
Have a bex, go lie down

Did none of you not expect what happened today????

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:45 pm

moltzen has been back and played his first full game for us today after being out to knee injury and people are hoping he scored 3 tries and wins us the game. its gonna take time so people are not being realistic and have no idea about recovering from serious injuries and whats involved and the mindset the person has on his journey back. moltzen will come good mid to end of the season, dont even bother looking for blinders or MOM performances from him till then. there will be flashes of good and plenty of ok and bad but that whats involved in being out of the game for so long. everyone on this forum expects a player no matter who he his whats he;s been thru and how old they are to come up into first grade and play like andrew johns from day one......i think there are too may people on this forum that still believe in santa claus.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:47 pm

Don't understand Sheens decision to play Moltzen in front of Miller and then put Miller on bench I know he said that was his plan but thought he was playing with everyone . With the roosters forward strength today would of been day to play 4 forwards off bench . Don't usually criticize Tim but that wasn't smart imo .And I can't say this enough but Moltzen still is not ready after his ACL surgery and when will most people on this forum start to vaguely understand what going through an ACL reco is like . Miller has to be half this week Very tempted to put Ellis in centres this week on left side . If we play like this on Friday with same side Rabbits will flog us

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:Don't understand Sheens decision to play Moltzen in front of Miller and then put Miller on bench I know he said that was his plan but thought he was playing with everyone . With the roosters forward strength today would of been day to play 4 forwards off bench . Don't usually criticize Tim but that wasn't smart imo .And I can't say this enough but Moltzen still is not ready after his ACL surgery and when will most people on this forum start to vaguely understand what going through an ACL reco is like . Miller has to be half this week Very tempted to put Ellis in centres this week on left side . If we play like this on Friday with same side Rabbits will flog us
You either havent been following us for very long or dont take much notice of what Sheens does. He never goes with 4 forwards.
I doubt he'll change much at all....if he does it'll be Miller who will be back to wherever he usually plays, Moltzen will be half again

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:58 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:People wanted him at half instead of Lui, or at fullback instead of McKinnon. That is laughable, that's my point. The guy is not even match fit yet and some people want him starting in a key position.
I still want him at fullback instead of McKinnon however I can see your point but only because McKinnon has stepped it up recently. McKinnon lacks speed. He is a true fullback but he lacks the speed to really give the opposition problems. Moltzen could cause the opposition problems the issue with playing him at 1 is that defensively he doesn't seem up to it at the moment.