Galloway

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
willow

Re: Galloway

Post by willow » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:07 pm

Obviously you're not going to change your opinion Sirro, but the majority here believe Galloway was one of the Tigers better players today. We'll agree to disagree on this one for the second week in a row.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:10 pm

willow wrote:
king sirro wrote:Galloway is getting by on his talent alone, imagine he had the attitide to match
Not quite sure where you are going with that Sirro. Galloway plays with controlled aggression. He doesn't carry on like a pork chop and he outplayed Woods sorry mate. Kennedy was a standout today but Galloway definitely got the better of Warea-Hargreaves. Some days the forward pack loses the battle. Today was one of those days.

I can accept that argument Willow. Maybe Galloway is just one of those guys who plays better when he doesnt take things personal......fair enough. If your right on that, then all is good, but i wish that wasnt the case. I like a forward leader who will take things very personally and go head to head with guys ala Paul Harragon. It ispires the team and i believe KG can do this for us.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:27 pm

He was our best forward Sirro, and we clearly struggled for go forward when he was off the field.

I agree with you on Heighington (another discussion but IMO he hinders out attack badly) but not on this one. We have other players who can do what you are looking for, Galloway was strong in attack and defense and made good meters in a badly beaten side.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:46 pm

Dont agree with me on something i said about Heighno 12 months ago, because he changed my opinion. The one time today Heighno was in an altercation he took the next hit up like a man......thats all im asking of Galloway
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:48 pm

Heighington gets dominated in nearly every tackle, and gets in the way of our attack more often than not. I admire his work rate but he doesn't have the impact Galloway has.

Have you ever seen Heighington hammer a player in defense?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:55 pm

Ive just watch the replay and Galloway was the only bloke in our side that went continually forward when on the field....hit hard and often in defense too.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Enfield Feds

Post by Enfield Feds » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:04 pm

Galloway was our best....yet again.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:29 pm

I too again thought Keef was our best early on....dunno what you want from him KS, your clearly in the monority - again.
You keep bringing up other players, Keith is Keith and I think you just need to accept that, he goes forward, does his job, is disciplined.
Hard to please

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:I too again thought Keef was our best early on....dunno what you want from him KS, your clearly in the monority - again.
You keep bringing up other players, Keith is Keith and I think you just need to accept that, he goes forward, does his job, is disciplined.
Hard to please

Yeh maybe your right, Keith is Keith.....goes forward but doesnt inforce. I agree
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:I too again thought Keef was our best early on....dunno what you want from him KS, your clearly in the monority - again.
Hard to please

Yeh maybe your right, Keith is Keith.....goes forward but doesnt enforce. I agree
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:47 pm

Big Keith is no superstar, but at the same time I don`t think there are too many better props running around at the moment. Put it this way, i`d like to have another couple like him. He and Aaron Woods are doing there part in getting us going forward, the others aren`t doing a lot.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:49 pm

And wade mack dont have the balance and speed of Dugan, Ayshford dont have the strength of Inglis, Marshall dont have a boot like Soward, Heighno doesnt have Gallens aggro & go forward, Brown doesnt have Fergusons talents etc etc et yawwwn
He enforces plenny

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:13 pm

Keith was good today. Heighno in my opinion was our best forward but there are times when he annoys me.

Keith was our second best forward. He carts it up and defends well and that is all I want from him.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:And wade mack dont have the balance and speed of Dugan, Ayshford dont have the strength of Inglis, Marshall dont have a boot like Soward, Heighno doesnt have Gallens aggro & go forward, Brown doesnt have Fergusons talents etc etc et yawwwn
He enforces plenny

Didnt think i compared Keith to anyone else.......but dont let that stop your argument
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:27 pm

I agree with a comment from Allan Towle in another thread when he said Galloway should be given more game time by playing more than two stints like he does now. Keith has been one of our better forwards this year and was again today. More game time gives him further opportunities and also is a way of Sheens showing his faith in him as a leader of our pack thereby reinforcing belief, expectations and role. As for Heighno, he plays above his weight, gives his all and his workload would be missed if he wasn't there.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:45 pm

A pet peeve of mine as well Cunno...he just doesnt get enough game time.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:52 pm

stryker wrote:A pet peeve of mine as well Cunno...he just doesnt get enough game time.
Hopefully he'll get more game time against souths, I still can't forget last years game against Souths at the SCG, please not a repeat!

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 10:30 pm

Galloway was ok I thought. Dwyer is the one who is living on his reputation on THAT tackle last year. Keep going Blue !