Daniela

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
The Phantom

Re: Daniela

Post by The Phantom » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:51 pm

Granto87 wrote:Also had a gutful of dwyer, he is adding nothing at the moment Utai and Ayshford take the ball up harder then him.
I agree 100%....Dwyer is over rated.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:10 pm

Well it's not like the entire team performed to their best.
Real average all over the park... Loved Daniela's ruthless tackles though, stupid penalties though.
Thought he had a quiet game but still should play, as mentioned maybe Brown to center Geoff to the wing.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:21 pm

Geoff hates playing wing, see's himself as a center only played a few games there for the panthers and i dont think he enjoyed it.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:27 pm

If he isn't suspended, I would like to see him again in the centres. Lawrence will be out for a fair while. Daniella was good when called upon last year. I can't drop him and try someone else after one game.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:14 pm

Daniela was ordinary. He gives away penalties as well and that really gets me going.

I'd drop him after that performance.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:24 pm

Granto87 wrote:Geoff hates playing wing, see's himself as a center only played a few games there for the panthers and i dont think he enjoyed it.
I`m sure he`d prefer playing wing in first grade rather than centre in the State Cup if given the choice.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 10:20 pm

Geo. wrote:was so outclassed it wasn't funny
Unfortunately - he was not Robinson Caruso in that department - however he and Brown were out of their depth.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 10:58 pm

Need a long term solution (i.e. 3 months) and he ain't the answer.

I have read good things about Davis though, even Brown looks the goods to me.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:21 pm

What about Jake Clarke from what I have seen of him he looks pretty handy

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:39 am

Tigers depth & experience is already being pushed to the limit. Now you all want to drop a guy with about 40 first grade games under his belt & add another rookie to the top squad? What then? we can all wring our hands & say- well, it's because we are playing only kids, that's why they are getting beaten..

Daniella wasn't that bad. He was willing in defence, if lacking in ability. I don't want to throw him out when he obviously was putting in. The forwards tried hard, but didn't create enough room for the likes of Benji, Moltzen & daniella to make proper use of. As a result, the more power-runner style players like Utai & Ayshford seemed to be more effective. If the forwards can create a bit of room, get a bit of a roll-on against the Bunnies, Daniella is the best option at Centre.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:47 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:Tigers depth & experience is already being pushed to the limit. Now you all want to drop a guy with about 40 first grade games under his belt & add another rookie to the top squad? What then? we can all wring our hands & say- well, it's because we are playing only kids, that's why they are getting beaten..

Daniella wasn't that bad. He was willing in defence, if lacking in ability. I don't want to throw him out when he obviously was putting in. The forwards tried hard, but didn't create enough room for the likes of Benji, Moltzen & daniella to make proper use of. As a result, the more power-runner style players like Utai & Ayshford seemed to be more effective. If the forwards can create a bit of room, get a bit of a roll-on against the Bunnies, Daniella is the best option at Centre.
Schoolboy errors CG, he was the worst of a bad bunch. I'm a big fan of his but after the way he played yesterday he should stick the right side which is where his strength is, but that will only happen if Ayshford is injured.

It burned me when Moltzen made that tremendous effort to pick up Leiulai only to have Daniela rush off the line and give away a cheap penalty the next tackle!

If he is given another chance next week to repent I won't complain, everyone deserves a second chance.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:54 am

I agree CB- he made some dumb errors. But putting another rookie in his place won't fix that- want to talk about school boy stuff? Play school boys!

Giving that penalty away showed a lack of discipline- much like what Fifita & Gibbs do regularly. But like Fifita & Gibbs, the effort is in the right place.

That said- he'll likely be suspended anyway..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 9:09 am

Nothing Daniela did yesterday suprised me... He is a State Cup Player who has a freakish ability to score points if the defending players hold off him...

Should he stay or should he go is something I dont know, but we wouldnt of lost anything yesterday by playing a Backrower at Left Centre, but we might of gained an edge in defence???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 9:51 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Nothing Daniela did yesterday suprised me... He is a State Cup Player who has a freakish ability to score points if the defending players hold off him...

Should he stay or should he go is something I dont know, but we wouldnt of lost anything yesterday by playing a Backrower at Left Centre, but we might of gained an edge in defence???
As said in previous thread Watto you turned my thinking on this subject. I know that Ellis this week at this stage isn't fit but I think i would lean towards him rather than Dwyer as you need good hands to play in centres and thats my issue with Dwyer and with the forwards coping at this stage it is a definite thought worth looking at .

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 10:45 am

daniela was woeful..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 11:00 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:Tigers depth & experience is already being pushed to the limit. Now you all want to drop a guy with about 40 first grade games under his belt & add another rookie to the top squad? What then? we can all wring our hands & say- well, it's because we are playing only kids, that's why they are getting beaten..

Agreed
He wasnt alone out there.
Depth is wonderful, one or two at a time, when it all needs to be used at the same time...we are far from the same team.
It isnt called to top 25 squad for nothing

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 11:09 am

Daniela maybe tried too hard, but he wasn't our problem. We made enough breaks and had enough opportunities to score 10 tries. We lacked finish and we lacked one more class forward up the middle. Fifita and Woods are playing well above their weight which is pleasing.

Moltzen was not ready to run the show. Miller should have started and controlled the game. Sheens said he was good enough so stick him in there for a month and see how he goes. He looked classy in limited opportunity and held his own.

It was not fair on Moltz to make him control everything when he has been out for so long.

Dumb drop ball, dumb penalties and dumb missed tackles!

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 3:29 pm

I just feel they will all be better for the run and they where a little bit ring rusty today. All the timing was out and no one was really running good angles or lines for benji to pu them in holes and when tim moltzen did make a couple of breaks there was no one there to take advantage of it, especially int he second half when he looked over his shoulder screaming for someone to be there and no one was home, if someone had off been supporting him they would have scored next to the sticks for sure. Matthew Utai and Wade McKinnon played quite well today in the backline at least, though Mitch Brown and Goeff Daniela were out of there depth today, though they may improve next week. We will need to improve alot on Friday Night if we are to get close to the Rabbitohs on Friday Night.