Dwyer

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Dwyer

Post by Snake » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:34 pm

Whats happening with this guy when some troops return has to visit Reggie ville ....Woods is playing all over him .


Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:38 pm

He went real well for mine. I would agree the regular handling errors are a concern, but this will happen when he regularly runs onto the football at full steam.

magpie mania
Member
Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by magpie mania » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:42 pm

he went well his handling needs improvement although he certainly is a good hole runner and his work rate seems to be improving as well as his maturity with less silly penalties.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:49 pm

Unfortunately he is taking his quiet personality off the field onto it. 8 hitups over 80 minutes. Just not good enough for a backrower playing 80 minutes. I'd be inclined to keep Schirnack ahead of him if Ellis is back next week.

User avatar
jas83
Member
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by jas83 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:55 pm

Not first grade standard at the moment. He has shown potential in the past but at the moment he needs to be playing for Balmain-Ryde


Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:57 pm

I can`t agree with you Willow. Al Schirnack tries real hard, but has nowhere near the impact in which Dwyer has. I do agree that Dwyer needs to lift his workrate, but with Gareth Ellis back next week I very much doubt Dwyer would be playing the whole 80mins anyway.
Benji is crying out for more players to run onto the ball at pace and give him some options, taking away one of the only ones that regularly does this would only make it harder for us to put points on the board.

User avatar
Granto87
Member
Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Granto87 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:59 pm

Moors for Dwyer thanks mr Sheens

User avatar
Mattie13
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Mattie13 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:01 pm

One message for all the forwards next week. Get in there and rip in. I'm sure that will be the attitude after the video of today's game is viewed. :twisted:

Enfield Feds

Post by Enfield Feds » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:02 pm

Woeful....but he wasnt Robinson Crusoe

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:03 pm

Granto87 wrote:Moors for Dwyer thanks mr Sheens
Moors storming onto the ball out wide would be a big help, but it wouldn`t be at the expense of Dwyer out of the 17 if it was up to me and I don`t think Sheens` will be leaving him out of the 17 either.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:06 pm

Games like today should make people realise how valuable Liam Fulton is for us. Liam would have tackled everything that moved and also provided that extra mobility on the fringes of the ruck.
Todd Payten is great in the night games, but in my opinion far too slow and out of condition for these fast paced games in the heat of the day.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:10 pm

Vicious wrote:I can`t agree with you Willow. Al Schirnack tries real hard, but has nowhere near the impact in which Dwyer has. I do agree that Dwyer needs to lift his workrate, but with Gareth Ellis back next week I very much doubt Dwyer would be playing the whole 80mins anyway.
Benji is crying out for more players to run onto the ball at pace and give him some options, taking away one of the only ones that regularly does this would only make it harder for us to put points on the board.
Yeah but Dwyer had no impact today. 8 runs for 50 metres, one run was at the line which was good where he offloaded to McKinnon that nearly resulted in a try, but otherwise he was too quiet.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:24 pm

'Tissues' needs some angry pills. The least effective forward on the paddock by far again. Trying to hard for mine. Needs to get angry and be less worried about the game. Needs to learn how to kill.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

thinkbig
Member
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 07 Mar, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by thinkbig » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:30 pm

I'd go with Schirnack before Dwyer. Al Schirnack's work rate is much better.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:36 pm

willow wrote:
Vicious wrote:I can`t agree with you Willow. Al Schirnack tries real hard, but has nowhere near the impact in which Dwyer has. I do agree that Dwyer needs to lift his workrate, but with Gareth Ellis back next week I very much doubt Dwyer would be playing the whole 80mins anyway.
Benji is crying out for more players to run onto the ball at pace and give him some options, taking away one of the only ones that regularly does this would only make it harder for us to put points on the board.
Yeah but Dwyer had no impact today. 8 runs for 50 metres, one run was at the line which was good where he offloaded to McKinnon that nearly resulted in a try, but otherwise he was too quiet.
Every side needs mobile backrowers who are capable of making line breaks. Selecting a forward pack full of props with little mobility will see us continue to struggle to score points and obviously that leads to us not winning games. If we don`t have enough players capable of making line busts in the side it takes away Benji`s options. We need the front rowers to do their jobs and get us going forward and we need mobility in the back row.

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm guessing the 80 minutes his playing is effecting his work-rate. When you know you are going to play 80, you may pace yourself.

I want to know why he doesn't work harder and give Galloway more minutes. The big bloke gets two 20 minute stints with a big break in the middle. Give him 15, 15 off, play middle 25-30, 10 to 15 off and finish the game. He is our man and give him the minutes.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:49 pm

Allan Towle wrote:I'm guessing the 80 minutes his playing is effecting his work-rate. When you know you are going to play 80, you may pace yourself.

I want to know why he doesn't work harder and give Galloway more minutes. The big bloke gets two 20 minute stints with a big break in the middle. Give him 15, 15 off, play middle 25-30, 10 to 15 off and finish the game. He is our man and give him the minutes.
Agree 100% with these comments.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:52 pm

4 forwards on the bench would help !!!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Post Reply