Page 1 of 1

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:54 pm
by happy tiger
Dwyer 2nd year syndrome strikes again . We have enough major game time forwards . Heighington Ellis Fulton we don't need another . Really disappointed in his efforts

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:55 pm
by Vicious
Balmain Bug wrote:4 forwards on the bench would help !!!!
We are certainly going to have to rotate 2 hookers while Farah is missing.

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:30 pm
by tiger05
Vicious wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:4 forwards on the bench would help !!!!
We are certainly going to have to rotate 2 hookers while Farah is missing.
4 forwards on the bench would change absolutely nothing and Farah has been missing for a while.

I would prefer 4 forwards on the bench and Robbie can be a gun but both things aren't happening at the moment.

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 10:32 pm
by Muffstar
Living on last years tackle I am afraid, out of his depth atm imo.

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:11 pm
by CocaCola
Muffstar wrote:Living on last years tackle I am afraid, out of his depth atm imo.
+1
Couldn't have stated it any better.

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:23 pm
by markotiger
I think the reason he isn't playing as well as he can is because last year he would sit on the bench and WANT to come onto the field and play the time he got on the field as well as he could so that the coaches recognise how well he plays and then eventually rate him higher

But I think now that he is playing for more time than last year per game he just gets tired, and probably worries about just staying consistent and concentrating too hard on not making any mistakes, thus making him more "boring" or under par with other players of his caliber.

It was those risky plays the he would do to get noticed last year that made him SIMON DWYER, this year its just Simon Dwyer.

I'm happy Fifita is as good as last year if not better, and every time I say his name i say it with the roar he deserves. Dwyer has lost that this year.

Lets hope it all changes next week, rabbits have a very strong attack. we are gonna need SIMON DWYER back with some of those massive hits from last year.

BTW anyone notice how MASSIVE his arms are now? almost as big at Utai's legs!

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:27 pm
by happy tiger
markotiger wrote:I think the reason he isn't playing as well as he can is because last year he would sit on the bench and WANT to come onto the field and play the time he got on the field as well as he could so that the coaches recognise how well he plays and then eventually rate him higher

But I think now that he is playing for more time than last year per game he just gets tired, and probably worries about just staying consistent and concentrating too hard on not making any mistakes, thus making him more "boring" or under par with other players of his caliber.

It was those risky plays the he would do to get noticed last year that made him SIMON DWYER, this year its just Simon Dwyer.

I'm happy Fifita is as good as last year if not better, and every time I say his name i say it with the roar he deserves. Dwyer has lost that this year.

Lets hope it all changes next week, rabbits have a very strong attack. we are gonna need SIMON DWYER back with some of those massive hits from last year.

BTW anyone notice how MASSIVE his arms are now? almost as big at Utai's legs!
Well he is not trying hard enough with mistakes Crucial missed tackles Two dropped balls in attacking positions one dropped bomb Only thing that did surprise me was his speed he footed it with Kenny Dowell in the 1st half and ran him down

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:45 pm
by markotiger
yea all the added pressure of trying to be mistake free is getting to him, he just needs to relax and then jump at oppotunities as they arrise.

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:55 pm
by tig_prmz
Errors and penalties are costing him and Tigers.

He has a lot of potential, runs great lines but I think he sometimes looks scared to face up to the big guys, maybe coz he thinks he might be a target now after THAT HIT?

Whatever the reason is, I thought if he didn't hit his straps this week, he would easily be replaced by Ellis next week but since Ellis wont be back next week, he has another chance to prove himself and the coach. Personally, he shouldn't be starting next week. Off the bench is his best position, for me he is an impact player.

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Mon 04 Apr, 2011 12:58 am
by mightymagpie
Got to remember he's still young and not really experienced. It's one thing coming off the bench as he was last year and another to play 80 minutes. unfortunately with the injuries he's required to do more than he would otherwise. Just hope he learns and ends up a better player for it

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:43 am
by innsaneink
mightymagpie wrote:Got to remember he's still young and not really experienced. It's one thing coming off the bench as he was last year and another to play 80 minutes. unfortunately with the injuries he's required to do more than he would otherwise. Just hope he learns and ends up a better player for it
This

Most forwards take some time to mature, he looks to be one of them
We have a few that have come on very early...thats rare, Dwyers situation really isnt rare...more the norm than anything

Re: Dwyer

Posted: Mon 04 Apr, 2011 11:45 am
by Goose
I think Dwyer is going ok, at this stage in his development, 80 minutes is prob too much, but I think he is going ok,If Ellis and Fulton were around he would be playing 30-50 minutes, and be able to play that with more intensity.