Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
Geo.

Re: Round 4: Willow's match report

Post by Geo. » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:28 am

Dont like the ratings ....never have

great report but mate.... :D
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:38 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:I also get the impression (Sheens said as much in the ABC interview) that we got thoroughly dudded by the referees again.
We were, their first try came off the back of a couple of dud penalties, especially the first penalty. Gibbs got penalised for a strip, but it was clear on the video his hand was not near the ball at all.
Yeah Shortall in particularly was bad. We got pinged regularly for offside in the first half but on every long shot, the Roosters seemed to be in the same boat. Not the reason we lost but didn't help. Some of the decisions re playing at the ball from our kicks at the end could have gone the other way too.

Anyway overall I'd say from our side, first half we were poor. The two incidents that summed it up for me were the comparison between their efforts in stopping us scoring early and our efforts in stopping SK-D. The difference in desperation was stark, especially from whoever it was that stood on the line and just stuck out a casual foot about 2 seconds too late (Simon Dwyer?).
Second half I thought we really stood up and had a go.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 2:17 pm

Yeah I think that was Brown that just casually stuck his foot out. They definitely put far more effort in defence than we did.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 3:53 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Yeah I think that was Brown that just casually stuck his foot out. They definitely put far more effort in defence than we did.
Could have been. Anyway if it was them, the player in that position would have been on the ground making sure it never happened.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 6:06 am

yeah without a doubt, I don't know what he was thinking, well I guess he wasn't really thinking at all