62nd minute no try Heighno

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
happy tiger

62nd minute no try Heighno

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 12:09 am

Did anyone find it strange that Archer did not go upstairs to look at a possible try to Chris Heighington He looks up at ref with the ball on the line and is told to play it . If he thought that Heighington promoted ball over line why did he not give a double movement penalty . Have looked at a few times and can't tell if he did promote ball or didn't . Any thoughts ???

Spank

Post by Spank » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 9:41 am

I thought it was odd he didnt look at it, i have no idea personally sicne their were no replays
Wests Tigers !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 9:45 am

Spank wrote:I thought it was odd he didnt look at it, i have no idea personally sicne their were no replays
Same here Spank my issue is if you look at those situations it will stop teams from claiming tries if they haven't got ball over on first attempt as you will be penalized for a double movement . Fair for both teams that way .If it was a try it would of been a huge turning point in the game as kick was quite kickable 18-12 17 minutes to go We have a ball game .

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:37 pm

I reckon that archer made quite a few howlers through the game, and as I said to my mates, if I was ever in a situation where being found guilty or not guilty rested on the evidence and decisions of detective Tony archer, I'd be cheering. He is an absolute disgrace and if he's the best ref in the comp, then there are more issues in the game than worrying about how scrims are packed

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 11:34 pm

Chris fell short and put the ball on the line when playing the ball. It wasn't a try.