Sheens v Smith

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
you know who

Sheens v Smith

Post by you know who » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 2:29 pm

I know yesterday is probably not a good time to compare as we where well down on troops, however Brian Smith seems to have the wood on us (Tim Sheens) with four out of four victories last year. When parramatta had the wood on us in and around the 2005 mark, we couldnt get near them when Brian Smith was coaching the Eels. I really believe if the cowboys didnt do us a favour and knock Parramatta out of the Preliminary Final in 2005, we may have struggled to beat the Eels in the decider, what are your thoughts?????

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 3:06 pm

This week is going to be a test Sheens vs Lang Sheens coached team hasnt beat a Lang coached team for years.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 3:10 pm

Completely. I don't know what it is, but I think Smithy has Sheens completely figured out.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 3:15 pm

This is going to stir up some trouble but it is my opinion . In hindsight winning the 05 premiership was almost a bad thing . A lot of our core group of players were young and probably did not realize what they had done and how this would impact them and playing at this level .What I am trying to say is did not really earn it in the sense that many players go through a career without winning a title and these young guys did it in there first 2-3 seasons and had lost passion for doing it again . Losing the semi against Dragons or GF would of kept them hungry to do even better In following seasons when they would of been ready to deal with winning a premiership . The pressure to back up and become the hunted was too great . In saying all of this the game made huge changes in the way it was played between 2005 and 2007 . We went from a game of smaller more mobile players being effective due to fast play the balls to winning the ruck dominant tackles etc and we took a few years to get a squad capable of playing that type of football and huge run of injuries .

joe

Post by joe » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 3:19 pm

hammertime wrote:Completely. I don't know what it is, but I think Smithy has Sheens completely figured out.

Theres always another day .

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 9:55 am

I look at it this way, NO Smith coached team has ever won the grand final.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:00 am

Just to make it fair, next time we play we'll get the Roosters to pick a side missing close to a dozen of our top 25 players and then nobble one of their playmakers as a bonus. Then we might get a good comparison!

Although last year we did see the genius in Smith against Sheens in getting Beau Ryan to drop that bomb when we would have won at Campbo or coming up with that scrum play when we would have won at the SFS. Pure genius and a poor reflection on Tim Sheens to come up with alternative plays.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:46 am

no smith ... no way !! has not won a thing in oz. we dont need a proven loser !! sheeens imo is a way better coach with a proven track record
I dislike sowfs immensely

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:46 am

Yossarian wrote:Just to make it fair, next time we play we'll get the Roosters to pick a side missing close to a dozen of our top 25 players and then nobble one of their playmakers as a bonus. Then we might get a good comparison!

Although last year we did see the genius in Smith against Sheens in getting Beau Ryan to drop that bomb when we would have won at Campbo or coming up with that scrum play when we would have won at the SFS. Pure genius and a poor reflection on Tim Sheens to come up with alternative plays.
I know.....only if's hey.....

that's Rugby League.... ;)

p.s I'd take Sheens over Smith anyday.....when he fails he just moves to the next fail....Sheens sticks....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:01 am

I wonder what the Bug thinks of Brian Smith?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:03 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:I wonder what the Bug thinks of Brian Smith?
So long as he flooded our NRL team with players from the state cup teams he'd be happy!